1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How do you Pack your Kit?

1. micocina

micocina Member Gold Member

I haven't done my first KS yet. I was wondering how you all pack your kit. Do you just carry it in the crate or do you have a rolling cart + crate. Should I carry the product in it's own box just like we first received it. How do you avoid scratches, bumps and bruises?

Jan 19, 2006
  2. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I now use the rolling crate and most things are protected by the many pockets but if there is anything that might rub against something else I just put my towel or apron or tablecloth between the items. I have also kept extra bubble wrap just for that use!

I do not use the boxes the products came in because the packing adds bulk and takes up more room. I already carry a lot - hosts would be thinking I'm bringing my whole house if I kept the products in the boxes!

Jan 19, 2006
  3. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Crate Moving

Keep it simple. Resist the tendency to "take everything you can", and think carefully about what you will need to demo your recipe. If you can demo a tool and only touch it once, bring it.

Work with your director on this - it was one of the hardest things for me to learn.

Keep in mind, you want to be "duplicatable" - meaning, you want when everyone else sees you, to think - hey - I could do that. Make it seem easy, make it seem like you don't have much to bring. Don't take yourself too seriously, and Have Fun! When you have fun, guests will have fun. When guests have fun, they will BOOK!

Best of luck- work with your director.

Jan 19, 2006
  4. kitchencop

kitchencop Member Silver Member

for instance...

I felt the need to interject!

When my husband and I "hosted" our first show in December, the consultant brought so much product it was, well, it was just too much...

She, her daughter, me, my husband and my 2 daughters must have each made 4-5 trips to the car to unload her. She brought boxes and containers and suitcases full of stuff! When she was finished unpacking, the kitchen was a disaster with all of the empty boxes and stuff! Then, when it came time to clean-up??? Forget it! She went crazy trying to find the correct boxes for the items...my husband did all of her dishes...no thank you from her, she got irritated b/c her daughter could not find the correct places to put things...so much so that the consultant started yelling at her and throwing stuff around (she even banged stones into our new furniture!)

One of the reasons we chose to do this (become consultants) was that we took that show as a lesson of what NOT to do! She was so stressed!

The moral of my long story is: only take what you need! ;)

Jan 19, 2006
  5. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

I have the same problem with taking everything i own. I have added quite a few things since i started in may 05..lol but i am so excited over everything i cant help it. I unpack the stuff i will use and if someone asks to see something i have i just take it out and pass it around. i guess when i get 3 suitcases full of stuff i will have to cut back...lol...until then i think i am ok. just do like the others have said...t.he key is to have fun and practice recipes before your show. good luck!!

6. janel kelly

janel kelly Advanced Member

I take mainly just the products I need for the demo. I do take the tool turn about which has products in it that I may not use but thats not a big deal. Now when we change seasons I will bring some of the new products that people haven't seen yet and show them off but never more than my crate will hold. I always ask if anyone has any questions about the products in the catalogue if I don't have them at the show. In fact I encourage them to do and play a little game where whoever participates the most during the demo gets a prize.

Jan 19, 2006
  7. Mystik

Mystik Member

I bring my entire super start kit and a few other items, like the tool turn about and US&G. That all fits in the crate. I also have a rubbermaid tote to carry the folders, booking binder, money bag, apron and tablecloth, stuff like that. After I unpack everything I put the dirty dishes into the tote to carry home and put the folders and stuff in the crate. Two trips to unload and load up. I'm sure as I get more products (I don't have that much yet) I'll have to sort through what I own and swap out some of the stuff I bring.

Jan 20, 2006
Have something to add?