• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Pack the Sell More Carry Less Bag?

In summary, this month I have done a soup and slippers show twice. I made the loaded potato chowder in the dcb and the garlic bites in the stainless saute pan. My shows have been great saleswise (both over $800 so far). But I am having trouble packing the carry less sell more bag. Here is what I am taking to shows: DCBSmall Ridged baker (to make bacon)Classic batter bowlsmall prep bowls (2)coarse graterwhiskknives (one from each family)garlic pressspatulasbamboo turn aboutstainless saute panRUFTH trivetcook books
Tracy99
Gold Member
This month I have done a soup and slippers show twice. I made the loaded potato chowder in the dcb and the garlic bites in the stainless saute pan. My shows have been great saleswise (both over $800 so far). But I am having trouble packing the carry less sell more bag. Here is what I am taking to shows:

DCB
Small Ridged baker (to make bacon)
Classic batter bowl
small prep bowls (2)
coarse grater
whisk
knives (one from each family)
garlic press
spatulas
bamboo turn about
stainless saute pan
RUFTH trivet
cook books
cutting board
easy kitchen brush

I am walking in with the sell more carry less bag and then a reusable shopping bag to carry the products. Then my laptop bag has my laptop and catalogs/drawing slips/other paper work/door prizes. I'd love to get it down to just the carry less sell more bag and my laptop bag but I can't fit everything in the carry less sell more bag. Oh and we have been sampling the margarita mix so I have been bringing my quick stir pitcher too.

What are you making and what are you bringing? Does it all fit in the one bag? Thanks.

I can not seem to carry less either , people want to see the products now with the new products I really have to see what to do

Tracy99 said:
This month I have done a soup and slippers show twice. I made the loaded potato chowder in the dcb and the garlic bites in the stainless saute pan. My shows have been great saleswise (both over $800 so far). But I am having trouble packing the carry less sell more bag. Here is what I am taking to shows:

DCB
Small Ridged baker (to make bacon)
Classic batter bowl
small prep bowls (2)
coarse grater
whisk
knives (one from each family)
garlic press
spatulas
bamboo turn about
stainless saute pan
RUFTH trivet
cook books
cutting board
easy kitchen brush

I am walking in with the sell more carry less bag and then a reusable shopping bag to carry the products. Then my laptop bag has my laptop and catalogs/drawing slips/other paper work/door prizes. I'd love to get it down to just the carry less sell more bag and my laptop bag but I can't fit everything in the carry less sell more bag. Oh and we have been sampling the margarita mix so I have been bringing my quick stir pitcher too.

What are you making and what are you bringing? Does it all fit in the one bag? Thanks.

I've never made this recipe - can you use a smaller batter bowl?

I would definitely not bring a turn about if you're trying to carry less. I just bring all my tools loose in my bag.

The cookbooks are going to kill you on space too but I love bringing them. I think you should be able to get most, if not all of these tools in your bag, aside from the cookbooks. Maybe the cookbooks and the Ridged Baker in a shopping bag?

I should probably not bring the turn around but I wanted to bring something bamboo to highlight April specials. The cookbooks really aren't that big of a deal. I bring the SB, DCB cookbook, and then the new ones from fall/winter. So I'll probably switch to new SB, DCB, and the grill one for Spring/Summer. I am finding that people are asking to see products that I used to bring all the time (food chopper, MFP, etc.). I am taking a couple months off from cooking shows (probably March, April and half of May) to have baby. But I'm not sure how I'll redo the kit for summer shows. I want to bring the grill stuff. Decisions decisions. I might go back to the larger bag.

I really think the key here is to ask your host what he/she already owns and use as many of their products as possible. This way, your Carry Less bag would be easier to pack accordingly. On my Host Coaching Worksheet, I have added my own question of "do you already own PC products? and if so, what do you have?" Of course, if they have nothing (like my Feb 28th host), I'll be taking my bigger bag!

A couple things you could change:
-no tool turn about, instead stick the tools you NEED FOR THE RECIPE in an oven mitt
-pack the batter bowl with the measuring cups, prep bowls inside it (put lid anywhere in bag)
-take flexible cutting mats instead of a cutting board
-use towels to keep dcb from banging around, and turn the lid upside down into dcb bowl then stack batter bowl and other products on top
-use another towel between dcb and saute pan
-use the outside pockets for the grater, rufth trivet
-only take s/b, dcb cookbook, and maybe 1 other if you're quite attached to it

pchockeymom said:
-no tool turn about, instead stick the tools you NEED FOR THE RECIPE in an oven mitt
-pack the batter bowl with the measuring cups, prep bowls inside it (put lid anywhere in bag)
-use towels to keep dcb from banging around, and turn the lid upside down into dcb bowl then stack batter bowl and other products on top

I agree with this - plus only take one knife. You don't have to show the other knives, just bring one of the forged cutlery knives as they are the more expensive of the three.

pchockeymom said:
I don't have the flexible cutting mats but I plan to get them. I think that will make a difference. First show I took the large grooved cutting board and this show I took something smaller. Other then not taking the turn about and switching to the flexible cutting mats, I am doing everything you suggested. I just ended up with the batter bowl in the shopping bag because of the turn about. And it figures even taking the turn about didn't get anyone interested in an April show. But it is tough. I am trying to get two catalog shows for March and two for April to stay active while on 'maternity leave'. I am planning a cooking show at my house the first weekend in March so that should at least keep me active for March and help get me through until May. I have lots of people who want cooking shows when I come back from 'leave'. So at least that is a plus. I just don't want to lose my career sales in the process. But I'm getting off topic. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll have to get the flexible mats and maybe start asking to use the host items. If you use the host items, do you stick around and wash them afterwards? I always try to leave as soon as the guests are done ordering and I wash all my stuff at home. I would feel like I had to stay and wash dishes if I used the hosts items.

Tracy99 said:
I don't have the flexible cutting mats but I plan to get them. I think that will make a difference. First show I took the large grooved cutting board and this show I took something smaller. Other then not taking the turn about and switching to the flexible cutting mats, I am doing everything you suggested. I just ended up with the batter bowl in the shopping bag because of the turn about. And it figures even taking the turn about didn't get anyone interested in an April show. But it is tough. I am trying to get two catalog shows for March and two for April to stay active while on 'maternity leave'. I am planning a cooking show at my house the first weekend in March so that should at least keep me active for March and help get me through until May. I have lots of people who want cooking shows when I come back from 'leave'. So at least that is a plus. I just don't want to lose my career sales in the process. But I'm getting off topic. Thanks for the suggestions.

I think I'll have to get the flexible mats and maybe start asking to use the host items. If you use the host items, do you stick around and wash them afterwards? I always try to leave as soon as the guests are done ordering and I wash all my stuff at home. I would feel like I had to stay and wash dishes if I used the hosts items.

I always wash my stuff at the host's house so I would wash anything I used of theirs too.

I've started bringing ONLY the items I'm using for the demo, plus something that is on special for the month I want to book. Right now, I am doing the tomato basil pasta and biscuit bites. I bring the med. bamboo tray to serve the biscuit bites (that's easier to slide into my bag) and then I can talk about April being Bamboo Month, so I'm not bringing anything extra there. I NEVER bring batter bowls - they are too heavy! I will bring a smaller prep bowl, and then I bring my ERMC set - I've found that anything that needs to be mixed in the small batter bowl can also be done in the largest ERMC. They are the same size! Saves me weight and space, so the only heavy/bulky thing I'm packing is the DCB. I use the cutting mats, and the bar board for things that are more heavy duty to slice.
This has been hard for me to limit what I bring, but the end result is that it makes my job so much easier, and I am actually having more fun...for the new product - I will be incorporating some of my favorite new items into my demo - but I'm not planning on taking all of the new stuff with me. :)

Tracy99 said:
I am trying to get two catalog shows for March and two for April to stay active while on 'maternity leave'. I am planning a cooking show at my house the first weekend in March so that should at least keep me active for March and help get me through until May. I have lots of people who want cooking shows when I come back from 'leave'.

Are you aware that you can request "maternity leave" per say for one month? There is a form on CC to fill out and submit with the month you want leave. This will keep you from losing career sales. Check it out. That should help take the pressure off feeling as if you "need" to have a show or two.

Tracy99 said:
I don't have the flexible cutting mats but I plan to get them. I think that will make a difference. First show I took the large grooved cutting board and this show I took something smaller. Other then not taking the turn about and switching to the flexible cutting mats, I am doing everything you suggested. I just ended up with the batter bowl in the shopping bag because of the turn about. And it figures even taking the turn about didn't get anyone interested in an April show. But it is tough. I am trying to get two catalog shows for March and two for April to stay active while on 'maternity leave'. I am planning a cooking show at my house the first weekend in March so that should at least keep me active for March and help get me through until May. I have lots of people who want cooking shows when I come back from 'leave'. So at least that is a plus. I just don't want to lose my career sales in the process. But I'm getting off topic. Thanks for the suggestions.

I think I'll have to get the flexible mats and maybe start asking to use the host items. If you use the host items, do you stick around and wash them afterwards? I always try to leave as soon as the guests are done ordering and I wash all my stuff at home. I would feel like I had to stay and wash dishes if I used the hosts items.

I always wash my dishes, and what I've used of the host at the host's house. I used to lug all of the dirty dishes home and wash them when I got home, but what a P.A.I.N in the butt! I take my own dish soap and sponge and towel. I wash and dry everything that I used.

pchockeymom said:
Are you aware that you can request "maternity leave" per say for one month? There is a form on CC to fill out and submit with the month you want leave. This will keep you from losing career sales. Check it out. That should help take the pressure off feeling as if you "need" to have a show or two.

No I did not know that. I will have to look into that. Thanks!!!!

Tracy99 said:
No I did not know that. I will have to look into that. Thanks!!!!

It's still better to try to keep your sales there - you can still earn incentives, make money!

I know you are taking the turn about to show our bamboo line - I do that by taking the salt and pepper grinder set. It shows off the bamboo beautifully and I actually use it. I think without the turn about you should be able to make it all fit.

pcsharon1 said:
I know you are taking the turn about to show our bamboo line - I do that by taking the salt and pepper grinder set. It shows off the bamboo beautifully and I actually use it. I think without the turn about you should be able to make it all fit.

So how do you keep it from spilling everywhere? I have this and could bring it. Great idea.

Tracy99 said:
So how do you keep it from spilling everywhere? I have this and could bring it. Great idea.
When I bring the bamboo grinder set, I just slide the whole thing into a 1 gallon ziploc bag. :)

1. How much weight can the Sell More Carry Less Bag hold?

The Sell More Carry Less Bag has a weight capacity of up to 25 pounds.

2. Is the Sell More Carry Less Bag waterproof?

No, the Sell More Carry Less Bag is not waterproof. It is made of a durable polyester material, but it is not designed to withstand heavy rain or submersion in water.

3. Can the Sell More Carry Less Bag be used for hot or cold items?

Yes, the Sell More Carry Less Bag has insulated lining which makes it suitable for transporting both hot and cold items. It can keep food at the desired temperature for up to 2 hours.

4. How many compartments does the Sell More Carry Less Bag have?

The Sell More Carry Less Bag has 2 main compartments, one large and one small, as well as multiple pockets and slots for organizing utensils and other items.

5. Is the Sell More Carry Less Bag machine washable?

Yes, the Sell More Carry Less Bag is machine washable. We recommend using a gentle cycle with cold water and laying it flat to dry to maintain its shape and durability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
hselby87
Replies