• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Recruit for The Pampered Chef Business?

In summary, to recruit effectively, listen to your guests, offer them information about the opportunity, and play the ticket game.
bbauman07
Gold Member
I'm finally ready to start recruiting and was wondering how you go about your recruiting? Any and all suggestion would be helpful.

I definitely don't have a lot of experience with this one, but I had one recruit that signed up after she started telling me about how she didn't want to "clock in" to a job and wanted flexibility to be with her family....I was like "yeah, yeah.." and then it hit me to ask "have you ever thought about Pampered Chef?" and we both giggled b/c of how it happened.

Anyway, to get to the point: Listening is probably the best way to recruit!
You can listen to your friends talk about their job or what they want in life, you can listen to your guests before a show when they talk about staying home with kids all day or tired of working so hard, etc. and then be sure to drop those hints during your show!

on Monday, during my show, I said that tonight I did not even look back as I left the house and another mom said that she could totally relate....as I tallied up her order, I point blank asked "would you be interested in more information about the Pampered Chef business opportunity? It's a great way to have something all your own!" We now have an appt to talk about the business opportunity!

I think one way to attract interest is to let guests at shows (or anyone else you run across) know that if they want some information about the opportunity, they are NOT obligated to go any further. I think some people feel that if they show the littlest bit of interest that they'll be hounded. At least that's now how I run my business. I make it a point during shows when I do a couple minutes about the opportunity that I tell everyone I'm not a "Pampered Stalker" because I just love to share the opportunity and if they request more information or show some interest, I won't be banging down their door until they sign. I just love to help people weigh the pros and cons and see how PC can maybe fit into their lives it they want to see if it's possible. If people aren't interested at this time, I"ll ask if I can follow up with them in 6 months.

I know everyone does their different things, but I like playing the ticket game at my shows. While the recipe is cooking, I'll let them know that for ____ minutes (usually 4 or 5), they can ask me ANY question about my business. Each question gets a raffle ticket, then I'll draw for a prize at the end. I think this is fun because it helps me think on my toes if they ask me some tough questions, but I've also gotten some really good questions. I truly think that this game makes other peoples' wheels start turning if they've EVER been curious about doing something like this. It also allows me to see who may possibly be interested. I think some people only ask the questions to get a ticket (which is totally fine with me), but I also think it's encouraged some people to check "maybe" on their drawing slip about the opportunity.

That's just my two cents worth! I also think that when you change your mindset to focusing on recruiting more, you'll find yourself thinking of more and more ways to bring it up with people. It seems kind of strange at first, but it does get easier! I'm trying to recruit the cashier from the grocery store I go to a lot! I learned she's also in culinary school, just through chatting with her in line. So, she's going to think more about it come spring time when her schedule calms down. See....I never would have known about her unless I started chatting and working PC in there somehow! :)

thank you for the advice. I have just made my new goals and one of them is to make director however we all know you have to recruit to do that. I'm sure offering the opportunity is like your kitchen shows, and gets easier everytime. I just really haven't gotten into offering the business yet and would like to be good at it if you know what I mean.

It definitely gets easier the more you do it. I've heard the average is out of every ten people you talk to about the opportunity (and actually TALK to about it, not just mention...."would you be interested in doing something like this?"), one will sign up. As time goes on, it become maybe one out of every 8. I think that's a GREAT goal to have! Good luck!!! The more shows you have, the more you're in front of people able to offer the opportunity and talk about it. :)

Recruiting HelpOne of the best things that I have done to help with my recruiting is listening to the audio CD's that you can purchase from your paperwork supply order form. They are only $2 each and they have great information, including words that you can use to offer the opportunity and even ways to plant the seeds during your shows.

I keep one in the car all the time and every time I get in, I just half listen to it. I also play one at home while I am cleaning or checking email or whatever. Since I play them all the time, I just kind of absorb the info.

I was actually talking to someone the other day about hosting a show and wound up recruiting her because I just opened my mouth and mentioned it just like I heard on the cd, I didn't even really think about it or even mean to say it!!!!!

Hope that helps :D

I am going to have to try that! Thanks for sharing Miranda and congrats on the recruit!! :D :D

Miranda,Thanks I will have to order the cd next time I place a supply order. I'm very excited right now. I just decided Tuesday that my new goal to to make Director, and got on the phone with people I don't know for the first time last night to make cc calls and am now working with 2 possible recruits. This is very inspiring for me. I also just started reading Doris' book for even more insperation. Future Director here I come, I hope!!;)

1. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up online or through a current consultant. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes all the tools and resources you need to get started. Once you have completed your sign up and received your kit, you can begin hosting parties and selling products.

2. Is there a minimum sales requirement?

There is no minimum sales requirement to be a Pampered Chef consultant. However, there are incentives and bonuses for reaching certain sales goals. The more you sell, the more rewards you can earn.

3. How much can I earn as a consultant?

Your earnings as a Pampered Chef consultant will depend on your sales and the number of parties you host. Consultants typically earn 20-27% commission on their sales, and can also earn additional income through team building and leadership. The more successful you are, the more you can earn.

4. What kind of training and support is provided?

Pampered Chef offers comprehensive training for all consultants, including online training resources, webinars, and in-person events. You will also have a team leader and mentor who can provide personalized support and guidance. Additionally, there is a large community of consultants who are always willing to share tips and advice.

5. Can I still work full-time while being a consultant?

Yes, you can work as much or as little as you want as a Pampered Chef consultant. Many consultants balance their business with a full-time job or other commitments. You have the flexibility to set your own schedule and work at your own pace.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • Cook1