• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Make Your Show Fun?

At my wine & cheese show last night, we had a lesson on how to drink, serve, and experience wine (AWESOME!). At a chocolate show, I made little strips of paper that I handed to each guest that had funny things like "I could give up chocolate, but I'm not a quitter"...everyone reads theirs off and got a piece of chocolate and of course we giggle b/c it's funny.Its a neat game and holds people's attention, especially since they don't know what they are winning...that's why I try to make it a "good" prize each time... its funny when the person who asked 1 question wins, when there was someone who asked 20!
karenschulte
Gold Member
I need ideas for how to make my show more fun? When do you give out door prizes and for what? How do you handle "dead" time while doing your demo?

Its kind of funny you should ask that...I was talking just the other day to another consultant about that....
I play a game called "ask a question, win a prize". I made a flyer that I post on my display and I bought the "tickets" that you can make from Office Depot, they are already numbered and I can add a PC design on them..
I then decorate a bag and add information on hosting a show, a congratulations note, a flyer on the PC opportunity, a pen, a PC pin, and a PC product (normally the hold 'n' slice, i-slice, etc..). The rules of the game...every time you ask a question, PC related, you get a ticket, and your other half goes in the bowl....at the end of the show...we draw the winning ticket and you win the "mystery" prize...
Its a neat game and holds people's attention, especially since they don't know what they are winning...that's why I try to make it a "good" prize each time... its funny when the person who asked 1 question wins, when there was someone who asked 20!
Anyways, if it is a quiet group and they aren't talking...I say something like, "wow, ya'll are so quiet...that's alright, as you can see, I love to talk, so since you won't, I will..." and I laugh and go into a story about a product..(i.e., how great stoneware is...leaving the cookies in the oven for 3 hours and they weren't burnt..etc)...
There is a great game here that someone posted...you can search the files...I think its called Riddle Cards...but I love playing that game...its so much fun and guest get a kick out of it!!
Anyways, hope that helps a little!
Good luck!...remember, though...relax and enjoy yourself...if you try to hard...you might not have as much fun...just my 2 cents...
Cheers,
Angela

Attachments

• OD 922-761 Tickets.doc
    58 KB · Views: 694
Gosh, what a great question! I have started thinking about this, and philosophically...what is "fun"? Fun means something to everyone, so I have started trying different things at my shows and gauging the response...

1) Having several and easy opportunities for little prize winnings b/c winning is fun. One example: for the holidays, I have copies of the "Gift Ideas" in each guest folder. Only one of them is in color...the person w/ the color flyer gets to pick from my goodie bag.

2) I research trivia and facts about the dish I'm preparing or the foods that I'm using...example: at my wine & cheese show last night, we had a lesson on how to drink, serve, and experience wine (AWESOME!). At a chocolate show, I made little strips of paper that I handed to each guest that had funny things like "I could give up chocolate, but I'm not a quitter"...everyone reads theirs off and got a piece of chocolate and of course we giggle b/c it's funny.

3) I make jokes or tell stories about everything that I can b/c it makes me comfortable when people are smiling & laughing.

4) I am working on shortening the time that I spend talking so that a) they are more interactive in the process and b) they aren't at a party all night long.

5) Ultimately, I think that if I have fun....they're going to have fun.

Having funI did something off the wall and it was a hit. I made crowns out of wire and pipe cleaners that had the letters PHD on them. I honor all past hostesses at the show by "allowing" them to wear the crown. I will also ask for group responses - like OOOOO and Ahhhhhh's. I also don't really have a script I follow. I follow the crowd. I have had alot of people ask me how the micro steamer works, ect. I just put everything aside and cook brocolli. Everyone always has a good time. Do we look silly - yes - but it is fun.

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

I love the crown idea. I think I will try that at my next show.

I tried to find premade tiaras to wear but they were expensive and really cheap. I may have $3.00 invested in 10 crowns. If they get squished - I can just bend them into shape.

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet
www.pamperedchef.biz/soonerchef

acherry said:
Its kind of funny you should ask that...I was talking just the other day to another consultant about that....
I play a game called "ask a question, win a prize". I made a flyer that I post on my display and I bought the "tickets" that you can make from Office Depot, they are already numbered and I can add a PC design on them..
I then decorate a bag and add information on hosting a show, a congratulations note, a flyer on the PC opportunity, a pen, a PC pin, and a PC product (normally the hold 'n' slice, i-slice, etc..). The rules of the game...every time you ask a question, PC related, you get a ticket, and your other half goes in the bowl....at the end of the show...we draw the winning ticket and you win the "mystery" prize...
Its a neat game and holds people's attention, especially since they don't know what they are winning...that's why I try to make it a "good" prize each time... its funny when the person who asked 1 question wins, when there was someone who asked 20!
Anyways, if it is a quiet group and they aren't talking...I say something like, "wow, ya'll are so quiet...that's alright, as you can see, I love to talk, so since you won't, I will..." and I laugh and go into a story about a product..(i.e., how great stoneware is...leaving the cookies in the oven for 3 hours and they weren't burnt..etc)...
There is a great game here that someone posted...you can search the files...I think its called Riddle Cards...but I love playing that game...its so much fun and guest get a kick out of it!!
Anyways, hope that helps a little!
Good luck!...remember, though...relax and enjoy yourself...if you try to hard...you might not have as much fun...just my 2 cents...
Cheers,
Angela

Angela I bought a HUGE roll of "raffle tickets" and give them or chocolate kisses out to those who say "Have it, Love it!" or "Want it, Need it" ~ it gets fun too.

What prizes do you usually give out?

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I completely understand the importance of making our shows fun and engaging for our guests. Here are a few ideas that have worked for me in the past:- Incorporate interactive elements into your demo. This could include having guests come up and assist in preparing a dish, playing a game related to cooking or kitchen gadgets, or even having a mini cooking competition between guests.- Use music to set the mood. Create a playlist of upbeat and fun songs to play in the background during your demo. This will help to keep the energy level high and make the atmosphere more enjoyable.- Give out door prizes throughout the show. I like to give out smaller prizes, such as kitchen tools or recipe cards, throughout the show to keep guests engaged and excited. These can be given out for correctly answering a question, participating in a game, or simply for being an attentive audience member.- Have a special prize for the guest who brings the most friends to the show. This not only encourages guests to invite others, but it also adds a fun competition element to the show.- Utilize social media. Encourage guests to take photos and videos during the show and share them on social media using a specific hashtag. You could even offer a prize for the best post or most creative use of the hashtag.As for handling "dead" time during the demo, my go-to strategy is to have some fun facts or trivia about the products or recipes you are demonstrating. You could also have a few jokes or funny stories prepared to keep guests entertained.I hope these ideas help to make your shows even more fun and successful! Best of luck to you.

1. How can I make my Pampered Chef show more interactive?

One way to make your show more interactive is by incorporating games or activities that involve the guests. For example, you can have a recipe guessing game where guests have to guess the ingredients in a dish or a scavenger hunt where they have to find certain kitchen tools. This will keep the guests engaged and make the show more fun.

2. What are some creative ways to showcase Pampered Chef products?

You can showcase products in a fun and interactive way by doing live demonstrations, having guests try out the products themselves, or creating a cooking challenge where guests have to use different Pampered Chef tools. You can also incorporate visual aids such as videos or photos to showcase the products effectively.

3. How can I keep the energy high during a Pampered Chef show?

To keep the energy high, try to involve the guests as much as possible. Encourage them to ask questions, make comments, and participate in activities. You can also play upbeat music in the background and use humor to keep the mood light and fun.

4. What are some ways to make a Pampered Chef show exciting for repeat attendees?

For repeat attendees, you can change up the format of the show by introducing new products or recipes, or by focusing on a specific theme. You can also offer special discounts or promotions for returning guests to keep them engaged and excited about the show.

5. Can I incorporate social media into my Pampered Chef show?

Absolutely! You can encourage guests to take photos and share them on social media platforms using a specific hashtag. You can also create polls or quizzes on social media related to the products or recipes being showcased. This will not only make the show more fun, but also help spread the word about your Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Triciascucina
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Triciascucina
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
baychef