1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How do you make your show fun?

1. karenschulte

karenschulte Gold Member

I need ideas for how to make my show more fun? When do you give out door prizes and for what? How do you handle "dead" time while doing your demo?

Nov 16, 2005
  2. acherry

acherry Member Gold Member

Its kind of funny you should ask that...I was talking just the other day to another consultant about that....
    I play a game called "ask a question, win a prize". I made a flyer that I post on my display and I bought the "tickets" that you can make from Office Depot, they are already numbered and I can add a PC design on them..
    I then decorate a bag and add information on hosting a show, a congratulations note, a flyer on the PC opportunity, a pen, a PC pin, and a PC product (normally the hold 'n' slice, i-slice, etc..). The rules of the game...every time you ask a question, PC related, you get a ticket, and your other half goes in the bowl....at the end of the show...we draw the winning ticket and you win the "mystery" prize...
    Its a neat game and holds people's attention, especially since they don't know what they are winning...that's why I try to make it a "good" prize each time... its funny when the person who asked 1 question wins, when there was someone who asked 20!
    Anyways, if it is a quiet group and they aren't talking...I say something like, "wow, ya'll are so quiet...that's alright, as you can see, I love to talk, so since you won't, I will..." and I laugh and go into a story about a product..(i.e., how great stoneware is...leaving the cookies in the oven for 3 hours and they weren't burnt..etc)...
    There is a great game here that someone posted...you can search the files...I think its called Riddle Cards...but I love playing that game...its so much fun and guest get a kick out of it!!
    Anyways, hope that helps a little!
    Good luck!...remember, though...relax and enjoy yourself...if you try to hard...you might not have as much fun...just my 2 cents...
    Cheers,
    Angela

Attached Files:

Nov 16, 2005
  3. MSmith

MSmith Member

Gosh, what a great question! I have started thinking about this, and philosophically...what is "fun"? Fun means something to everyone, so I have started trying different things at my shows and gauging the response...

1) Having several and easy opportunities for little prize winnings b/c winning is fun. One example: for the holidays, I have copies of the "Gift Ideas" in each guest folder. Only one of them is in color...the person w/ the color flyer gets to pick from my goodie bag.

2) I research trivia and facts about the dish I'm preparing or the foods that I'm using...example: at my wine & cheese show last night, we had a lesson on how to drink, serve, and experience wine (AWESOME!). At a chocolate show, I made little strips of paper that I handed to each guest that had funny things like "I could give up chocolate, but I'm not a quitter"...everyone reads theirs off and got a piece of chocolate and of course we giggle b/c it's funny.

3) I make jokes or tell stories about everything that I can b/c it makes me comfortable when people are smiling & laughing.

4) I am working on shortening the time that I spend talking so that a) they are more interactive in the process and b) they aren't at a party all night long.

5) Ultimately, I think that if I have fun....they're going to have fun.

Nov 16, 2005
  4. Sooner PC

Sooner PC Member

Having fun

I did something off the wall and it was a hit. I made crowns out of wire and pipe cleaners that had the letters PHD on them. I honor all past hostesses at the show by "allowing" them to wear the crown. I will also ask for group responses - like OOOOO and Ahhhhhh's. I also don't really have a script I follow. I follow the crowd. I have had alot of people ask me how the micro steamer works, ect. I just put everything aside and cook brocolli. Everyone always has a good time. Do we look silly - yes - but it is fun.

Boomer Sooner
    Shannon Overstreet

Nov 17, 2005
  5. reegrace

reegrace Member

I love the crown idea. I think I will try that at my next show.

Nov 17, 2005
  6. Sooner PC

Sooner PC Member

I tried to find premade tiaras to wear but they were expensive and really cheap. I may have $3.00 invested in 10 crowns. If they get squished - I can just bend them into shape.

Boomer Sooner
    Shannon Overstreet
    www.pamperedchef.biz/soonerchef

Nov 18, 2005
  7. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

Angela I bought a HUGE roll of "raffle tickets" and give them or chocolate kisses out to those who say "Have it, Love it!" or "Want it, Need it" ~ it gets fun too.

What prizes do you usually give out?

Nov 25, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted