• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can mailing your Host Packet save you time and money?

P
Pampered Laura
The price of postage is gonna be my early death, Im sure of it.
How do YOU mail your Host Packet? :rolleyes:

Usually because of the weight it gets sent Priority Mail which costs just over $4.00. But this is tax deductible.

Or if the host live close enough I will drive and drop it off. I have also done this and gone over the host packet with the host right away. Then I have my first host coaching call done.

if i can i also deliver mine and go over the packet in person. i also close out my shows in person if they dont close that night. (most do). anways if i have to mail it i usually overnight it so if they have any questions they can call and let me know

...i deliver it myself if they live close enough but if they don't i mail it first class usually costs between 3 and 4 dollars but i don't send it in a folder or anything i send specials ,3 catalogs, and show planner. my director uses a binder for hers and she uses the one price envelope. it costs her a little over four dollars

I like to deliver mine too and go over everything in person if possible. With busy schedules, it's often not possible to I just leave it in their door. When I have to mail mine I usually send it classified as "bound, printed material" and it is much cheaper. I can send three or four catalogs for less than $2.

I haven't incorporated this yet, but I think it's a great idea to have your packets ready at the show and hand it to them that night when you know they want to book a show. So many of my hostesses are computer savvy and like for me to just e-mail them the "papers" part of the packet - outside order forms, guest/host specials, invitations (I rarely use postcards).

I have 5 packets ready to go whenever I am doing a show. When someone books I just hand them the packet. It saves alot in postage. If I book a show by phone I just mail it and it usually runs around 1.75. But I only send 1-2 catalogs.

tax deductible???Wow it's tax deductible when we mail out our host packets, that would make sense, it's business related...that is cool!!! With two kids to home school, a toddler to tend to and a newborn to nurse, I don't usually have the time let alone the energy to pack them all up and head to the post office to wait in line forever!!!
what about mailing out catalogs to potential customers like caterers, real estate agents, etc...does this count as tax deductible also?

Is there a tax deductiong for Ibuprofin and chocolate for when I have to deal with missing items and adjustments with the H.O.????

Just kidding... :p

Debbie

I usually give my host packets when they book at the show and while everyone is eating I go over the host packet a little at the show then call 2 days after while I make my other calls to the guests.

If I have to mail it I send it media Mail which is only around 2.50. With one of my other businesses I sent a 7lb package of catalogs to Kansas for only 2.66 by media mail.

If the host needs it faster I use DHL Envelope or USPS Priority Mail.

I was told by my local USPS that I could not ship my things media mail because it contained advertising. It is basically for shipping manuscripts, teaching material etc. It is the cheapest way to go, they just would not let me do it.

Bound printed, not media mailLaura,

I was told the same thing but I was told as long as 90% of the material in the package was catalogs I could send it bound printed matter which is in between media mail and first class mail as far as price.

Michele

Bound Printed MatterI ship my packets Bound Printed Matter. It takes 5 stamps or $1.85 at the PO. I mail mine from home with the stamps and I include 3 or 4 catalogs, show planner, 5 Outside Order forms, the cover letter, the Chef Recommends 5-15-5 flyer.

Thanks Michele. I will try it next time.

All postage that is business related is tax deductible. Anything for that matter that is only business related is tax deductible. Plus mileage, make sure you keep track so you can put it in your tax software or give to your accountant.

I usually buy my stamps from usps.com that way I have an online receipt for the stamps since I am great at loosing paper receipts. If I don't give out a host packet at the show I mail it to them from home, I also include the new mulit-part guest list form (in PP supply order) with a self-addressed stamped envelope for them to mail it back to me and then I address and send the invitations for the host using postcard stamps ($0.23 each).

1. How can mailing your Host Packet save you time and money?

Mailing your Host Packet can save you time and money in several ways. First, by sending the packet through the mail, you can avoid the time and expense of meeting with potential hosts in person. Additionally, mailing allows you to reach a larger audience without having to spend money on travel expenses. Finally, using the postal service can be more cost-effective than other methods of delivery, such as courier or hand delivery.

2. What is the price of postage for mailing a Host Packet?

The price of postage for mailing a Host Packet will vary depending on the weight of the packet, the destination, and the mailing method chosen. It is important to weigh your packet and research postage rates to determine the exact cost before sending.

3. Will mailing my Host Packet cause me to have an early death?

No, mailing your Host Packet will not cause you to have an early death. While postage prices may be a source of frustration, there is no direct link between mailing and health risks.

4. What is the most efficient way to mail a Host Packet?

The most efficient way to mail a Host Packet will depend on your specific situation and needs. Generally, using a service like USPS or FedEx will be the most efficient option. It is also important to properly package and label your packet to ensure it reaches its destination in a timely manner.

5. How do YOU mail your Host Packet?

As a scientist, I typically use a combination of email and physical mail to send my Host Packet. This allows me to quickly reach a large number of potential hosts while also providing a more personal touch with a physical packet. I also make sure to research postage rates and use the most efficient mailing service for each specific packet I send.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • rbergwrightchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • kylev