• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor School Cancellation: 2 Hour Delay... Kitchen Guy?!

In summary, KG changed her avatar to avoid confusion with Kitchen Guy, and found the alternate Kitchen Guy to be just as annoying as she is now.
Stampaholic1961
Gold Member
When you are watching the school cancellations on TV & see

.......School 2 Hour Delay....Alternate KG

and instead of translating KG as Kindergarten, you translate it as Kitchen Guy!

Oh my - that was funny!

I know when I am talking to someone, and I want to say "DH" or "DS" instead of my husband or my son!:D

When my kids recognize other people's avatars.

...when my son wants me to put HIS mood in and gets mad I haven't changed mine in a while.

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh my - that was funny!

I know when I am talking to someone, and I want to say "DH" or "DS" instead of my husband or my son!:D
I do the same way. Or finding myself abbreviating PC, SAT, etc!

Stampaholic1961 said:
When you are watching the school cancellations on TV & see

.......School 2 Hour Delay....Alternate KG

and instead of translating KG as Kindergarten, you translate it as Kitchen Guy!
Some might say that's appropriate.

....so what would the alternate Kitchen Guy be like? :D

......I'm not sure I'd want to find out!:eek:

I'd be just as cute, lovable and annoying as I am now.

How do you know? When over half of your stories start with, "One of my Cheffer buddies . . . "

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
....so what would the alternate Kitchen Guy be like? :D

......I'm not sure I'd want to find out!:eek:

Hey Kathy's Kitchen with a "K" - you changed your avatar, and I didn't recognize you!:p

raebates said:
How do you know? When over half of your stories start with, "One of my Cheffer buddies . . . "

It's even worse when you don't have to start your stories that way, because your audience already knows.

Good point, KG. When your family members instantly recognize of ChefAnn, KG, Kacey, and several others . . .

HA HA - this is friggin' hilarious! :D

raebates said:

Oh this is me! :D

raebates said:
Good point, KG. When your family members instantly recognize of ChefAnn, KG, Kacey, and several others . . .

When your family members ask you 'How is KG (chefann, pamperedlinda, etc)?;)

When the first room my kids go to when they are looking for me is the computer room.

How about when you have more online friends than real-life ones? (Pathetic, isn't it?)

Nope, just discerning.

chefann said:
How about when you have more online friends than real-life ones? (Pathetic, isn't it?)

I may be your online friend - but I'm still very real!:p

I know- but I "see" you more online, so you fall into the online category. ;)

chefann said:
I know- but I "see" you more online, so you fall into the online category. ;)

Just so you know I'm not an imaginary friend!:D

That's not what I've imagined.

My son's imaginary friend was a flying dog named Super Dog. We were a little concerned. I just found out today that one of his friends nominated him for the Girl Who Dresses Modestly Award for their graduation. Yeah, we're still concerned. LOL!

You could always get him a job at Mister Weenie.(Photo withheld by popular demand.)

When your hasband says "Geez, why don't you just make that your Home Page?"

Nanisu said:
When your hasband says "Geez, why don't you just make that your Home Page?"

You mean it's not your homepage?:confused::p

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You could always get him a job at Mister Weenie.

(Photo withheld by popular demand.)

I could, but he's returning to Dallas after the holidays. We have both encountered an odd phenomenon. People like to use our full names. There are people who routinely call me Rae Bates. Not Rae; Rae Bates. He has the same thing. Lately, however, he has encountered a group that calls him Shawn Friggin Bates. That was how he was nominated for several graduation awards.

Graduation ought to be interesting. :rolleyes:

How about when you get excited because someone "name dropped" you! Like M-F thanking me in one of her posts - I feel special!Okay, seriously after 10 shows this month, my brain is fried. The littlest things amuse me!

Oh, the warm, well-loved feeling of seeing your name positively mentioned in someone else's post.

raebates said:
My son's imaginary friend was a flying dog named Super Dog. We were a little concerned. I just found out today that one of his friends nominated him for the Girl Who Dresses Modestly Award for their graduation. Yeah, we're still concerned. LOL!

At least he's modest!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey Kathy's Kitchen with a "K" - you changed your avatar, and I didn't recognize you!:p

That's funny! I had to change it cuz I want to see Mickey everywhere I look so I'll keep my focus! :D

raebates said:
Oh, the warm, well-loved feeling of seeing your name positively mentioned in someone else's post.

Yah, so much better than negative comments!

ChefBeckyD said:

:D:DAnd if YOU ever get one, I'd really be lost!!

ChefBeckyD said:
At least he's modest!:D

Yes, he's very proud of his modesty.

1. What does "School Cancellation: 2 Hour Delay... Kitchen Guy?!" mean?

"School Cancellation: 2 Hour Delay... Kitchen Guy?!" is a message that is often displayed on TV during inclement weather to inform viewers of school closures or delays. The "KG" in this message typically stands for "Kindergarten", indicating that kindergarten classes will be delayed by 2 hours.

2. Why is "KG" sometimes translated as "Kitchen Guy" instead of "Kindergarten"?

This is likely due to a misinterpretation of the abbreviation "KG". While "KG" commonly stands for "Kindergarten", it can also stand for "Kitchen Guy" in certain contexts. However, during school cancellations, it is typically used to refer to Kindergarten classes.

3. What should I do if I see "School Cancellation: 2 Hour Delay... Kitchen Guy?!" on TV?

If you see this message on TV, it means that there is a 2 hour delay for kindergarten classes. If you have a child in kindergarten, they should arrive at school 2 hours later than usual. If you do not have a child in kindergarten, you do not need to take any action.

4. Is there a difference between a school cancellation and a 2 hour delay?

Yes, there is a difference between a school cancellation and a 2 hour delay. A school cancellation means that all classes are canceled for the day. A 2 hour delay means that classes, including kindergarten, will start 2 hours later than usual.

5. How can I find out about school cancellations and delays?

You can find out about school cancellations and delays by watching the local news, checking the school's website or social media pages, or signing up for text or email alerts from the school or your child's teacher. You can also call the school directly to inquire about any closures or delays.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • sfdavis918
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies