• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Get Rid of Bacon Odor?

In summary, Becky learned that she can get rid of the bacon odor by baking it in the oven on a bar pan for 20 minutes, using a sheet of parchment to soak up the grease, and using a cleaner afterwards.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I love cooking breakfast for my family on Sunday mornings. I love the smell of bacon cooking, but afterwards, it just stinks up my house forever it seems! Does anyone have any advice for getting rid of the odor? As soon as I am done cooking it, I place the drippings on my back porch and immediately wash out the pan and clean with stove with cleaner.

Bake it in the oven on your bar pan. 425 for 20 minutes. Use a sheet of parchment under it to soak up most of the grease. Perfect bacon EVERY time, no grease splatters, AND no bacon smell for three weeks.

Thanks, Becky! I will try that! I did it in the microwave today and I did notice that it was better.

Odor isn't a word that I associate with bacon, unless the modifier burnt is added. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
Bake it in the oven on your bar pan. 425 for 20 minutes. Use a sheet of parchment under it to soak up most of the grease. Perfect bacon EVERY time, no grease splatters, AND no bacon smell for three weeks.

We had breakfast for dinner last night (french toast and bacon - yummmmm!) and we always make the bacon this way - so good!!

chefann said:
Odor isn't a word that I associate with bacon, unless the modifier burnt is added. :)

You'll have to stop by a few hours after I have cooked it. Like fish: great a first but the lingering affects not so much.

Sounds like this is a pretty imporkant issue for you.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Sounds like this is a pretty imporkant issue for you.

LOL Too funny!!

My HD told me that if you put a pot of 1:1 Water/Vinegar in a saucepan to lightly boil while making something stinky (like fish odor- I assume maybe bacon too), it should take care of the smell. She said a family member would do that and it worked.But I must admit...when I read your thread title "How do you get rid of Bacon odor?"- my first thought was "EAT IT!!" *hehe* Sorry...

esavvymom said:
But I must admit...when I read your thread title "How do you get rid of Bacon odor?"- my first thought was "EAT IT!!" *hehe* Sorry...

Yep... LOL we do eat it! Sounds like a "Pratt Answer"!

Anne this is way funny! I can not believe you still do bacon the "old fashioned" way! We had BLTs last night. I always use my bar pan in the oven. I do get a bit of an odor after wards for a time but it usually disappears before the meal is over. Oh and ANN - I do burn mine! the crispier the better for BLTs! Oh and just a side note, I used a bar pan and a sheet pan. I know I have hot spots in my oven because of the sheet pan. The right hand half of it was burned, and half the pan was rubbery! Funny, the bar pan only gave me a couple of really done pieces. I know the better of the two products now for that application!

What can I say? I'm an old-fashioned gal! I will try it in the bar pan next time for sure!

1. How can I remove the strong bacon smell from my hands after cooking?

One effective way to get rid of bacon odor from your hands is to rub them with a small amount of lemon juice and then wash them with warm water and soap. You can also try rubbing your hands with a stainless steel object, such as a spoon or the sink, as this can help neutralize the odor.

2. What can I do to get rid of the lingering bacon smell in my kitchen?

To eliminate the smell of bacon from your kitchen, you can simmer a pot of water with a few drops of vanilla extract for a few minutes. You can also place a bowl of white vinegar in the room to absorb the odor. Additionally, wiping down surfaces with a mixture of equal parts water and vinegar can help get rid of the smell.

3. How can I remove the bacon smell from my clothes?

If your clothes smell like bacon after cooking, try soaking them in a mixture of water and white vinegar before washing them. You can also add a cup of baking soda to your laundry load to help neutralize the odor. Another option is to hang the clothes outside to air out and let the fresh air remove the smell.

4. What can I do to get rid of the bacon smell from my microwave?

To remove the smell of bacon from your microwave, mix a cup of water with a few tablespoons of lemon juice and microwave it for a couple of minutes. The steam from the mixture will help loosen any lingering bacon smell. You can also wipe down the inside of the microwave with a mixture of water and vinegar to fully eliminate the odor.

5. How can I prevent bacon odor from permeating my home while cooking?

To prevent the strong smell of bacon from spreading throughout your home while cooking, try cooking it on the stovetop in a pan with a lid. This will help contain the smell and prevent it from spreading. You can also try cooking the bacon in the oven, which may produce less odor. Using an air purifier in the kitchen can also help eliminate any lingering smell.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • Dotty
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies