• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Get Over Feeling "Pushy" at Shows

In summary, when working as a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to prioritize creating a valuable and enjoyable experience for your guests rather than just focusing on sales. Building relationships, providing helpful information, and creating a relaxed atmosphere can help you avoid coming across as pushy. It is also important to pay attention to your guests' cues and be respectful of their boundaries. Instead of pressuring hesitant guests, focus on building a relationship and providing information. Balancing being an effective salesperson with building relationships and providing helpful information is key in avoiding being pushy.
its_me_susan
I love this business, I share my enthusiasm, I go through my book.... and when I start talking about the business I am still excited about the earning power and ease of doing well, but I just still don't feel comfortable "going there". How long do you spend talking about the money, the flexibility, etc. Does it get easier? How many shows did it take you to reach that comfort spot?

thanks!
Susan

Hi Susan,It definitely took me a few shows to reach the comfort spot when talking about money and the ease of doing well with the business. For me, it was all about getting comfortable with the conversations and having the right mindset. I spent time learning the business, understanding the income potential, and talking to positive people who were already successful. It really helped me build confidence and put me in the right frame of mind to talk about the business.I think the key is to focus on the opportunity and the benefits you can offer to others by joining the business, and not focus on the money. Once you have that mindset, it will become easier and it will eventually be natural for you to talk about the business in a positive and enthusiastic way.Hope this helps!
Best,

Hi Susan,I completely understand where you're coming from. It can be nerve-wracking to talk about the financial aspects of a business, especially if you're not used to it. But let me tell you, it does get easier with time and practice.Personally, I spend a good amount of time talking about the earning potential and flexibility of my business. I find that these are two major selling points for potential clients and it's important to highlight them. However, I also make sure to balance it out by talking about the products or services I offer and how they can benefit the customer.It's hard to say exactly how many shows it took me to reach a comfortable spot, as it can vary for each person. But I would say that the more you talk about it, the more confident and comfortable you'll become. Also, don't be afraid to ask for feedback from your clients and fellow business owners. They may have some helpful tips or advice for you.Keep practicing and don't be too hard on yourself. You'll get there! Best of luck with your business.Take care,

1. How do I avoid coming across as pushy at Pampered Chef shows?

First and foremost, it's important to remember that your main goal as a Pampered Chef consultant is to provide a valuable and enjoyable experience for your guests. Instead of viewing yourself as a salesperson, think of yourself as a helpful resource for your guests. Focus on building relationships and providing helpful information about the products, rather than just making sales. This will help you come across as genuine and not pushy.

2. What are some tips for creating a relaxed atmosphere at Pampered Chef shows?

Creating a relaxed atmosphere at your shows can help your guests feel more comfortable and less pressured. Some tips for achieving this include setting up a welcoming and inviting display of products, providing snacks or refreshments, and incorporating fun activities or games into the show. Additionally, make sure to give your guests plenty of time to browse and ask questions without feeling rushed.

3. How do I know when to back off and not be too pushy with a potential customer?

Pay attention to your guests' body language and verbal cues. If they seem disinterested or hesitant, try not to push them too hard. Instead, focus on providing information and answering any questions they may have. If they seem receptive, you can offer to help them place an order or schedule a follow-up party, but always be respectful of their boundaries.

4. What is the best way to approach guests who are hesitant to purchase anything?

It's important to remember that not all guests will make a purchase at your show, and that's okay. Instead of pressuring hesitant guests, focus on building a relationship with them and providing valuable information about the products. You can also offer to follow up with them after the show and provide them with more information or special offers.

5. How can I balance being an effective salesperson without being too pushy?

The key to being an effective salesperson without being pushy is to focus on building relationships and providing helpful information. Instead of constantly trying to make a sale, focus on connecting with your guests and addressing their needs and concerns. This will help you come across as genuine and trustworthy, rather than pushy and sales-driven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • cmdtrgd
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • PC Mom 55