• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Do Your Invitations?

or prints them out! I've found that most hosts just save the show info to their computer, so if you send them a postcard, it's just a carbon copy of what's already on their screen. That's assuming the host actually hands them...or prints them out! I've found that most hosts just save the show info to their computer, so if you send them a postcard, it's just a carbon copy of what's already on their screen.
mmmsarah3
I just joined at the end of March. I had my kickoff show already but my recruit made my invites.

I am just curious on what everyone does for theirs? I don't know if I want to use the postcard ones.

Thanks!

I started with postcards for the first 4mo of my business and then switched to mini catalogs. I do a full page invite and then trifold it, stuff it in a legal sized envelope that I buy at Sams Club along with the mini. I address the envelope (with labels) to "Suzy Friend & Guest(s)" and then the return address is the hosts name and address.

Melissa78 said:
I started with postcards for the first 4mo of my business and then switched to mini catalogs. I do a full page invite and then trifold it, stuff it in a legal sized envelope that I buy at Sams Club along with the mini. I address the envelope (with labels) to "Suzy Friend & Guest(s)" and then the return address is the hosts name and address.

I do the same thing only I address them to "Suzy Guest and Friends" so that it seems more welcoming to invite their friends.

wadesgirl said:
I do the same thing only I address them to "Suzy Guest and Friends" so that it seems more welcoming to invite their friends.

DOH! You're right - I do the same thing! Where the heck did I get "guest(s)" from? I wouldn't even say guests let alone type it on the label. WHOOPSIES! :) Thanks for catching that!

Melissa78 said:
DOH! You're right - I do the same thing! Where the heck did I get "guest(s)" from? I wouldn't even say guests let alone type it on the label. WHOOPSIES! :) Thanks for catching that!

I use to do that but then I felt like it was too formal and sounded better to say "And Friends"

The mini catalogs are great for generating outside orders but I have always used the invitations and addressed them to "and guest". I also pre-print them with the show information. I know that a lot of consultants are mailing them for the host but I found that to be an office night mare! So, by sending them pre-printed it made it easier for me and the host. I just run them through the computer.The number one reason shows cancel is that the invitations are not mailed. The number one reason why invitations never get mailed is that they take too long to fill out. This solves the cancellation problem for me.I just run them through the computer.:love:

Deb Bixler said:
The mini catalogs are great for generating outside orders but I have always used the invitations and addressed them to "and guest". I also pre-print them with the show information. I know that a lot of consultants are mailing them for the host but I found that to be an office night mare! So, by sending them pre-printed it made it easier for me and the host. I just run them through the computer.

The number one reason shows cancel is that the invitations are not mailed. The number one reason why invitations never get mailed is that they take too long to fill out. This solves the cancellation problem for me.

I just run them through the computer.:love:

I wish I could do this. I tried several times and my printer just can't seem to grab them right. It will print a couple correctly, but then something happens and then they turn out crooked and poorly aligned. i was going through too many postcards from all of my oopsies! :D

One thing my director does (and when she was my consultant, I LOVED it) is just print out the show info onto a sheet of 30 labels and gives the host a pack of postcards. I would just open the pack, slap on the labels, and then give out or mail out the postcards. I liked this. She still does this method and finds it works really well for her.

babywings76 said:
I wish I could do this. I tried several times and my printer just can't seem to grab them right. It will print a couple correctly, but then something happens and then they turn out crooked and poorly aligned. i was going through too many postcards from all of my oopsies! :D

One thing my director does (and when she was my consultant, I LOVED it) is just print out the show info onto a sheet of 30 labels and gives the host a pack of postcards. I would just open the pack, slap on the labels, and then give out or mail out the postcards. I liked this. She still does this method and finds it works really well for her.

That's assuming the host actually hands them out... I know when I get a postcard for another party, I tend to misplace it or forget about it all together. Also I find if postcards are mailed they get mixed up in the mail or don't arrive period.

Melissa78 said:
That's assuming the host actually hands them out... I know when I get a postcard for another party, I tend to misplace it or forget about it all together. Also I find if postcards are mailed they get mixed up in the mail or don't arrive period.

Exactly! ;) That's why I send mini's for my hosts. I got fed up with the postcards and hoping that my hosts are following through with getting them out.

This brings up an interesting question: How many of you send just the mini-cat with the show info enclosed vs. stuffing it all in a #10 envelope to mail? Just wondering.

I do just the mini-cat with a label to close it. I tweaked the HO invite because I could never get it to print correctly, plus I wanted to add some of the infor that we cover up when we use the mini-cats.

lt1jane said:
I do just the mini-cat with a label to close it. I tweaked the HO invite because I could never get it to print correctly, plus I wanted to add some of the infor that we cover up when we use the mini-cats.

Ditto. It never printed correctly for me on my inkjet but would on my laser at work. Annoying so I created templates in MS Word. I did the labels for about 6mo and got tired of lining up the labels, making the labels to start and then taping the edges. I can do it so much faster stuffing the envelope on lunch and slapping labels on the front. I do use the labels though and minis for hosts to hand out.

I send out minis along with a an invitation. find it is a little more work than leaving it up to the host, but at least this way, I know that the invitations went out!

I don't tape the edges, I have about ¼-inch "flap" above the print on the top of the label. This "flap" is what I use to close the mini-cat. I have not had any problems with the post office delivering them this way. I use address labels for my return address and the guests. It's quick and simple.

Can someone please post their label document.

here's mine and my address labels too I have the PC logo on my labels

Attachments

• Mini Catalog Invites SS 2011.doc
    53.5 KB · Views: 677
  • PC Labels.doc
    108 KB · Views: 688
stupid question, but do you put the invite sticker on the front or back of the mini catalog. Sorry, I don't have one in front of me right now so can't picture it!

"Bring a guest, get a gift." What do you give as the gift?

I put it on the back covering the What's fresh this Season side.

For a "gift" I have a bunch of door prizes that I purchase on supply orders. It's mostly, twixits (I give them ½ a pack), Kwikuts, orange peelers, All Purpose Spreaders, Seasons Best, iSlices, and Mini Whip its. I let them them choose something from my bucket of goodies.

Well, I guess I am old school. I preprint labels and slap them on the postcard invites. I give the host 30 preprinted invites for her to hand out or mail. I have big shows, little shows, medium shows....it is all in the host coaching. I would rather keep more of the income I make than spend it on mailing stuff, coordinating getting the info, etc. On the other hand, I set up their facebook event for them. I do a punchbowl invite email for those not on facebook. I seem to be doing okay this way so far so will stick to it. I will say that I plan to test mini cats with the same invitation label on it done for the hosts to hand or mail if they wish. Just to see if anything changes in my sales.

ChefCKHall said:
Well, I guess I am old school. I preprint labels and slap them on the postcard invites. I give the host 30 preprinted invites for her to hand out or mail. I have big shows, little shows, medium shows....it is all in the host coaching. I would rather keep more of the income I make than spend it on mailing stuff, coordinating getting the info, etc.

On the other hand, I set up their facebook event for them. I do a punchbowl invite email for those not on facebook.

I seem to be doing okay this way so far so will stick to it.

I will say that I plan to test mini cats with the same invitation label on it done for the hosts to hand or mail if they wish. Just to see if anything changes in my sales.

What is a punchbowl invite email, lol?

Go to:Free Online Invitations and Party Planning with Punchbowl and register. If you get the email list from host, this is a cute way to send invites!

Have you not set up an event on facebook? There is a 'create an event button'. Have the host set up the event as a 'skeleton' and invite you only. After you respond you are attending, the host can make you an administrator. Then you can edit the event, post a photo, post the info, post everything for him/her.

After you have done that, the host can go back to her event and invite everyone she knows on facebook.

CK

Some people find it easier to read the labels on the screen if they are set for "landscape" So, here's a landscape version of my mini cat labels.

Attachments

• Mini Catalog Invites SS 2011 landscape.doc
    42.5 KB · Views: 636
I pretty much do the same as the others. Full page invite with mini catalog enclosed in envelop. The only difference is I add the current outside order form to the back side of the invitation. That way if they cannot make it they have everything they need to place an order.

I do the postcards as well. I print the labels with the show information, put them on the postcards, and then give to my hosts to hand out. I used to mail the mini in an envelope, but it got to be too time consuming. I haven't seen my show sales change, I agree it is in the host coaching. I will do an evite for them and set the show up on Facebook as well.

bumping.... Someone in the chat box mentioned wanting an editable mini catalog label. The file indicates that it is for SS 2011 (Mini Catalog Invites SS 2011), which it is, but it's a Word document so it's completely editable.

What is the best way to create invitations using Pampered Chef products?

The best way to create invitations using Pampered Chef products is to use our customizable invitation templates. These can be found on our website or through your consultant. Simply fill in the details of your event and print them out for a professional and personalized invitation.

Can I use Pampered Chef products to make digital invitations?

Yes, you can use our products to create digital invitations. Our templates are also available in digital formats, or you can use our products to design your own digital invitations.

What types of events are Pampered Chef invitations suitable for?

Pampered Chef invitations are suitable for a wide range of events, including cooking parties, product demonstrations, fundraisers, and more. Our templates can be customized to fit the theme and purpose of your event.

Do I need any design experience to create invitations with Pampered Chef products?

No, you do not need any design experience to create invitations with our products. Our templates are user-friendly and easy to customize, making it simple for anyone to create professional-looking invitations.

Can I include my own images and graphics in my invitations?

Yes, you can include your own images and graphics in your invitations. Our templates allow for customization, so you can add your own personal touch to your invitations. You can also use our products to design your own invitations from scratch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ejleinenbach
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • doughmama
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies