• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Setting Business Hours & Scheduling to Reduce Stress

In summary, Debbie started her own business in February and wants to get as much organized and relaxed as possible before the busy season begins. She has a few questions about setting business hours and days off, and prefers to host shows on Sundays.
pchefinski
I'm restarting my biz in Feb and want to get my ducks in a row and all organized before then so I do the best that I possibly can with the least amt of stress. A couple questions I had about biz hours..Do you set business hours? If so, what are they? What do you do - make CCcalls, booking calls, fill packets?Do you set certain days for business and have other days off?Do you have certain days for shows? (like limiting your shows to only Fridays thru Mondays, for instance) Are specific days more successful for you than others?

I SHOULD set business hours. I keep syaing I will but I think the only way to do that it to get a new phone number...because my home and cell #s are plastered all over the world on my catalogs, order forms, receipts, mini catalogs, business cards, flyers etc...

I only do shows on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays Saturdays and Sundays...but it's not as busy as it sounds. I do alternating weekends and alternating Thursdays...I work my show schedule around my childrens' visitation schedule.

No specific day of the week is more successful for me - I think it depends on the crowd. My two highest shows (not including fundraisers) were on a Tuesday night ($2200) and on a Sunday afternoon ($2700)

My 'office' time is Thursday evenings from 7-9. Typically I can get everything that I need to get done then. I make customer care calls and host coaching calls if I need to.
I set show days for Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. I only do weeknights if a host specifically wants to do one on a weeknight. It is just not convenient for me to leave work, come home and then get to a show on a weeknight - but I will do it! Different days work best for different folks - I don't think there is rhyme or reason as to why, just the host and the crowd they invite.
Good luck re-starting your business!

I tryI try to set hours but it's kind of sporadic around my household with homeschool, a couple of toddlers and a 2 month old. :eek:

7 am - 8:45 am
I do try to handle all my emails, messages on phone, letters to be typed, etc... early before school and after my prayer time and bible reading.

School is 9 am - 1:30 pm

2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
After school and during toddler naps I can usually do all phone calls, host packets, and entering shows or orders.

4:15 - Time to make dinner

I do everything before the hubby comes home from work. I try never to work in the evening when I am with my family but there have been times when a hostess will call or someone wants to order something and my hubby is fine with it. It isn't written in stone so it can be changed but this is how I usually operate Monday through Friday.

Saturday's are more up in the air but I usually don't work much. Sunday's absolutely are work free!

Debbie :D

Hi there! Congratulations on restarting your business in February! It's always a great time to get organized and set yourself up for success. To answer your questions, I do set business hours for myself. I find that having a set schedule helps me stay on top of my tasks and avoid feeling overwhelmed. My business hours are typically 9am-5pm Monday through Friday. During this time, I work on tasks such as making customer calls, booking calls, and filling packets. I also set aside specific days for shows, typically Thursdays through Saturdays. I have found that these days tend to be more successful for me, but every consultant's schedule may vary. It's important to find what works best for you and stick to it. As for days off, I do try to take Sundays and Mondays off to recharge and spend time with my family. I hope this helps and best of luck with your business!

What are the benefits of setting business hours and scheduling?

By setting specific business hours and creating a schedule, you are able to have better control over your time and workload. This can lead to increased productivity, improved work-life balance, and reduced stress levels.

How can I determine the best business hours for my schedule?

Consider your personal preferences and the needs of your clients or customers. Look at your daily tasks and workload and determine when you are most productive. Also, consider any external factors, such as peak business hours in your industry.

What should be included in a business schedule?

A business schedule should include specific start and end times for each day, as well as designated time blocks for tasks, appointments, and breaks. It can also be helpful to include a to-do list for each day to stay organized.

How can I stick to my business hours and schedule?

One way to stick to your schedule is by setting reminders and alarms for specific tasks or appointments. Also, make sure to prioritize your tasks and avoid multitasking, as it can lead to a less efficient use of time. Additionally, communicate your schedule with others and set boundaries to avoid interruptions.

What should I do if unexpected work or emergencies come up during my scheduled business hours?

It's important to be flexible with your schedule and allow room for unexpected tasks or emergencies. If possible, try to delegate or reschedule tasks to accommodate the new situation. If something urgent comes up, communicate with your clients or customers and adjust your schedule accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ButterflyVioletta
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Saturday Gourmet
  • Liquid Sky
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • purpampchef