• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Do It All When You Work Full Time.

In summary, Kim is having a lot of trouble fitting her commitments into a 24 hour day. She is a stay-at-home mom and works 40 hours a week with two Saturdays a month. Her step-dad passed away and she bought a house, but she said that this year has been the hardest because she has a lot of responsibilities. She said that she always has trouble coming up with excuses for why her year hasn't gone well, but she is hoping that things will get better in the next few months.
SusanK
I have a full time job (7:30 - 3:30), a 9 year old daughter, a husband and a house and am having trouble fitting all of my obligations into a 24 hour day :confused: . I am also new to Pampered Chef (started in June). Just looking for some advice as to whether or how you can fit it all in and not be frazzled. How many shows a month do you do? Does it pay off? Any help/ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

I wonder that same thing all the time!! I don't work outside the home but I do babysit 5 days a week and I still feel like I am about to go crazy. I can't imagine what it is like to work full time outside the home and sell PC. I had 3 shows this week, and my house is a wreck. My poor husband has to dig through piles of clean clothes to try to find something that's not too wrinkled to wear to work. I have no shows this weekend (Just a costume party), so I am going to try to get caught up on house work. I'm hoping to get rid of one of the kids I watch and just go down to three days a week. I made as much in my three shows this week as his Mom pays me all month anyway.

susan,
i have no idea!! i have a 1 year old, and i'm a stay-at-home mom and still i find myself trying to find spare minutes to do things. and now, there's a chance that i'm pregnant again--if so, that ought to be interesting, balancing pregnancy, a 1 year old (who's crazy!!), a husband and a house. not to mention i'm a pastor's wife, so that's like a full-time job too! but i really love pc so i'm praying for things to just fall into place so i can be successful at it. i've tried going back to work part-time, but it just isn't feasible with our family. so, its pc or nothing i guess.. and we really need the boost.

i guess my biggest thing that always gets me behind is my housework.. i'm starting to get better--taking the extra minute or two to do things at the very moment instead of waiting until later. it saves time in the long run--for me anyway.

good luck! (and sorry about all the rambling--guess it really didn't help much, huh?)

Take one day at a time!!! I do work 33 hours a week and have a 6 yr old and a 20 month old at home. My husband has not always supported my business but knows that it is very important to me. I do all the housework, cooking and take care of my children. :eek: I do approx. 6-8 shows per month (2 being on Saturdays). You really have to find a balance in there somewhere and it may take a while but don't give up. I have been doing this for 3 years and 9 months and would not trade it for the world. A very good thing about this business is that if you find that things are too hectic you can slow down your schedule so that you don't go insane!! I did that when my son was born. It was nice and now I am back on track and ready to go! Don't be to hard on yourself and get your family involved as much as you can. My daughter loves to help me stamp catalogs and do my packets. :)

Kim

I work 40 hrs a week with every other Sat and every other Mon. off. I am expecting my 1st child and my husband is a farmer. So I sometimes dont see him til 8 or 9 at night during harvest and he has midnight shift when it is calving season. Plus I have a job 3 months in the winter helping with tax season. So needless to say, I have a heck of a time being motivating when I get home at 4:00. I am at the tired stage of pregnancy and just want to rest when I get home. I have been at PC for 8 yrs and will have to say this year has been my hardest. I always hate trying to come up with excuses of why my year hasnt gone too well but seems like all has happened this year. My step-dad passed away in April, bought a house in July, had to repaint and recarpet entire house, swear when we took up old carpet there were 10,000 staples in the floor, and that was just in one room, and I removed them all :) also got pregnant in July, took care of 13 yr old niece 2 weeks while brother was in and out of hopsital, try to look in on mom every other day, along with house chores ect. So like I said this year my sales have been real low but I always have next year right! OK...enough of feeling sorry for me cause of my sales...how does everyone else do it, especially with more that one child at home??

Time management, organization and an understanding husband is the key. I work full time, I'm a new consultant, but I know that in order to manage I need to be a planner and work on my organizational skills.

I've made a dinner plan, so I know which nights will be "left-over" nights where I could be free to do shows. My goal is only 2-3 shows a month, because I work full time, I only want to do PC part time. So this works out quite well. My DH is usually pretty good about watching our girls a couple times a month without complaining too much.

I try to have 2 sets of show folders ready to go, that way if I have shows 2 nights in a row (not my ideal plan, but it happens during a busier time) I don't have to quickly refill the day of my show. Then I can refill them during the week as I have time. I also have more than 1 PC Apron, so if it gets dirty at a show, I don't have to quickly do laundry.

I try to label catalogues and stuff while I waiting for my oldest daughter's ballet class to be over. During my lunch break at work I work on Flyers and newsletters and stuff, check order status and look up flyers.

Every member has enough clothes to last a week (usually). Laundry day is on Friday night or Saturday, it's quick to put in a load while we're trying to have an evening together as a family. And my oldest (she's 6) likes to help me fold the clothes, we do this Saturday morning while we watch cartoons togther with our 1 year old.

If you are wondering how to get organized, or how to start making a plan. Go to Flylady.com, they have lots of great tips. One key is to actually know what you need to do, and make a list or a plan of how & when you need to get it done.

Hope this helps!
Susie

tough monthThis has been a tough month for me. I had a bunch of kitchen shows (which I want because I am still in SS2) plus overtime at work...some of which were overnight shifts so needless to say I am exausted and my house is a mess. I think,after December, I will shoot for3 show per month. Sometimes I bring my catalogs and flyers to stamp in to work for when it is a quiet night.

This is how I do it.Just read Philippians 4:13 and tht pretty well sums it up! I also work 40 hours a week, clean 4 houses on the side, help my husband with 115 acres of tobacco, work in the local Doctor's offices late at night doing computer repair and absolutley LOVE the Pampered Chef opportunity. I usually don't go to bed before 12:00 at night and have to get my two boys up for work at 3:45 am. That is when my day starts with getting things ready for my shows at night. I know I might now be good at balancing things like some, but I do an average of 12 shows a month and make anywhere from $700 to $1000.00 a month. I wouldn't trade my PC business for anything. The people and rewards you receive are absolutely the most rewarding thing I have ever experienced. My daughter does help a lot with the laundry washing and my son's girlfriend helps ocasionally with fixing packets for shows and helping me to pack the car. :p

I have a 4,5, and 8 yr old, plus a husband and home. I stay at home with my kids but its still tough to juggle everything. Me and my husband are VERY active at church. we are youth leaders, singers, my husband leads the choir, plus we are started a drama team for the church. On top of that my husband works full time. I try to do 3-6 shows a month. My sales are getting better this being my best month. After my boys go to school and my daughter is sleeping i check emails, check this site for ideas, and check CC. usually by then my daughter is awake so we have breakfast and play for a little while and while she is watching a movie i go over my packets. this usually takes a while since my daughter wants to help!! then its time for housework....dishes, laundry (which never ends), living room, bathrooms...kids clean own rooms. usually by then its about time for boys to come home we do homework, go over papers, and cook dinner. i try to make my CCC after dinner if time is available. usually that is our family time. I said from the beginning that i would always put god first, family second, PC last. My entire family is VERY supportive and help anyway they can. I also said I would make a schedule each month and try to follow it. Hope this makes sense and hope it helps.

1. How do you balance your job and personal life when working full time?

Balancing a full-time job and personal life can be challenging, but it is important to prioritize and manage your time effectively. One strategy is to create a schedule and stick to it. Set aside specific times for work, personal tasks, and relaxation. It is also helpful to delegate tasks and ask for help when needed.

2. What tips do you have for staying organized while working full time?

Staying organized is crucial when juggling a full-time job and personal life. Some tips include using a planner or calendar to keep track of important dates and deadlines, keeping a to-do list, and decluttering your workspace. It is also helpful to prioritize tasks and break them down into smaller, manageable steps.

3. How do you manage stress while working full time?

Stress management is essential when working full time. It is important to take breaks throughout the day, practice relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or meditation, and engage in activities that bring you joy. Additionally, make sure to prioritize self-care and maintain a healthy work-life balance.

4. What are some strategies for maintaining a healthy work-life balance?

A healthy work-life balance is crucial for overall well-being. Some strategies include setting boundaries and sticking to them, disconnecting from work during personal time, and prioritizing self-care. It is also important to communicate with your employer and negotiate a schedule that works for you.

5. How do you handle unexpected tasks or emergencies while working full time?

Unexpected tasks or emergencies can disrupt your work-life balance, but it is important to handle them efficiently. One approach is to prioritize the most urgent tasks and delegate others if possible. It is also helpful to communicate with your employer and come up with a plan to handle the situation while still being able to balance work and personal responsibilities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Liquid Sky
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AlowayFamily