• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Handle a Declined Credit Card for a Guest's Order?

In summary, it sounds like your host is not able to get her act together and pay you the money that was agreed to.
pamperedkel
declined credit cards? I just got a call from HO and a show that I sent in is on hold because one of the guests credit cards was declined. What is the best, most professional way to deal with this?
Kelly

I just call the guest directly and try not to involve the host. I've had to do this a couple of times and just basically explain what you just said. Ask if she has another credit card or even if she'd like to send you a check. The HO usually tries a couple of times before they resort to calling you and putting a call on hold. Hopefully the guest has another form of payment she can use. Sometimes I've had guests forget that one was canceled or something and they've used that by accident.

Be sure to verify before you call her that the credit card number is correct and also the expiration date. When you call her ask her if she could read the numbers to you one more time just to be sure. Almost always, when this happens to me it is that I have typed in a wrong number somewhere. If everything is as it should be then ask for a second form of pyament. Good Luck!! There is nothing to be nervous about, just part of our job. :)

I've just had this happen once. I said something like, "I must have entered your CC #'s wrong in the computer b/c your card was denied." Then she said, "That's ok. I'll give you a check."

that's exactly what happened, she didn't sound surprised at all that it was declined. Thanks for all the advice!
Kelly

It has happened to meMy last show my host's credit card has declined. She asked me to put less on her card and she would give me money, she also said to try the card again through the machine at my other business. Still haven't got the money and I have not been able to put any amount on her card it just keeps declining. I'm lucky I am having the show come to my address and not hers!!!!!!! But I am at the point were I don't know what to say to her. It's been 2 weeks. :eek:

rennea said:
My last show my host's credit card has declined. She asked me to put less on her card and she would give me money, she also said to try the card again through the machine at my other business. Still haven't got the money and I have not been able to put any amount on her card it just keeps declining. I'm lucky I am having the show come to my address and not hers!!!!!!! But I am at the point were I don't know what to say to her. It's been 2 weeks. :eek:

Rennea,
By the sound of your post, she must have had all the guests pay her and then she was going to give you that lump sum to cover the show? I'd call her and ask her truthfully what is going on. Does she want to order something and doesn't get paid until tomorrow, so she's waiting a couple days to get back to you? Has she not gotten to the bank yet? (Believe me, that's happened!) Did she desperately need to use $20 for food and is waiting a few days to get it back? (I won't go into that, but sometimes things happen that we can't control.. total different topic on that one!) All in all, something happened to create this situation, whether it was negligence or circumstance. Ask her to be (confidentially) honest with you because you really want to work with her on her show, to help her and every guest have the best PC experience as possible. Tell her that you want to honor the guests' orders and the chance that someone ordered Christmas gifts through the show...and that the deadline for submitting a show and getting the product by Christmas is this coming Wednesday (but you would need the money before that to make sure it's in the bank). Both you and all of her show guests placed trust in her by writing the checks/giving the cash for the orders to her, and then you getting a lump sum for the whole show from her. She needs to honor that trust by coming up with the money for you, or she needs to return all the money to each respective guest and let them know that the show has been cancelled and that if they want to place any orders, it needs to be done directly through you. If any guests want anything, they can put individual orders through you for another 10 days or so, and still get them by Christmas.
Is it just that she doesn't have the money for her own order? She banked the guests' payments, so the money should be there when you put her bank card through (aside from anything she wants to order). If she wants to order, but doesnt have the money, you can always tell her that for now, she should definately take advantage of her host FPV and get what she'd like with that, but that she needs to either close the show or cancel/transfer the show and let everyone know. It isn't fair that she's been holding out and all of her show guests are watching the calendar waiting for their product.. not only does it stress people out if they're expecting Christmas presents in their order, but it gives us a really bad image as consultants and as a company.. because she's probably not telling all her show guests that she can't get her card to go through, and the guests might just be thinking that you're lazy about putting the show through or that the company could care less about their order---both of which are not true at all! If she just doesn't care about the show anymore, then I'd ask her for the money to cover all the guests' orders, notify all the guests and put the show in for yourself or as a Mystery Host Show.
I know that was really long, but maybe something in it helped. I wouldn't judge her right off as doing something wrong.. come to her with honesty and concern and it should work out (in whatever way) just fine. :)

All the quests paid by cash or there own credit cards and they are all fine. It's just the hosts order that has been declined. As not to hold up the order for everyone else because it's Christmas time I did pay for the rest myself. UPS showed up today with the show!!! I just don't know if I should just give her everyone elses things and just hold back on her stuff or what. Her stuff came to $174.00!!! If she dosen't pay looks like I have some extra X-mas gifts :eek:

How Do You Deal With Difficult Customers?

When dealing with difficult customers, it is important to remain calm and professional. Listen to their concerns and try to find a solution that satisfies them. If the issue cannot be resolved, involve a manager or supervisor for further assistance.

How Do You Deal With a High-Stress Work Environment?

To handle a high-stress work environment, it is important to prioritize tasks and stay organized. Take breaks when needed and communicate with your team for support. It can also help to practice stress-management techniques such as deep breathing or mindfulness.

How Do You Deal With a Co-Worker Who is Not Pulling Their Weight?

If you have a co-worker who is not pulling their weight, it is important to address the issue with them directly and professionally. Offer to help them with their tasks and communicate the impact their actions have on the team. If the issue persists, bring it to the attention of a manager or supervisor.

How Do You Deal With a Last-Minute Change in Plans?

When faced with a last-minute change in plans, it is important to stay flexible and adaptable. Communicate any concerns or challenges that may arise from the change and work together with your team to find a solution. Stay positive and focused on the end goal.

How Do You Deal With a Difficult Task or Project?

To handle a difficult task or project, it is important to break it down into smaller, manageable steps. Seek advice or assistance from colleagues or supervisors if needed. Stay organized and focused, and celebrate small successes along the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • mmilus