1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How do YOU clean the Garlic Slicer?

1. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

I love the Garlic Slicer, and use it quite often. I usually clean it by hand, though, because I try to 'clean as I go' as often as possible. It's really hard to remove the garlic stuck in the blades. Does anyone have a tried and true trick, other than placing it in the dishwasher?

2. leftymac

leftymac Veteran Member

Just thinking off hand...wouldn't the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush be good at pushing the garlic goo out of the blades?

Jan 1, 2010
  3. Maragib

Maragib Member

Just wanted to make sure you know that it comes apart into three pieces. My husband figured that out for me. Usually comes clean in the dishwasher for me. Maybe a toothpick?

Jan 1, 2010
  4. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

ALOT of people don't realize that, so now at every show I show how it comes apart. If you take it apart & soak it for like 5 minutes, everything will come out with no problem.....:D

Jan 1, 2010
  5. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

I did NOT know that! I'll have to play with it, but I assume the middle part just pulls out? That would make a difference. Thanks.

6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I find if I rinse it right away in the direction of the blades it clears the clumps out, then it cleans easily.

Jan 1, 2010
  7. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Yep...just pulls out & snaps back in.....:D

Jan 1, 2010
  8. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

so cool to know that--I always use a toothbrush. Happy New Year everyone!!

Jan 1, 2010
Have something to add?