• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Clean the Garlic Slicer?

In summary, people find it difficult to clean the garlic slicer because of the garlic stuck in the blades. The Easy Clean Kitchen Brush might be helpful in removing the garlic.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
I love the Garlic Slicer, and use it quite often. I usually clean it by hand, though, because I try to 'clean as I go' as often as possible. It's really hard to remove the garlic stuck in the blades. Does anyone have a tried and true trick, other than placing it in the dishwasher?

Just thinking off hand...wouldn't the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush be good at pushing the garlic goo out of the blades?

Just wanted to make sure you know that it comes apart into three pieces. My husband figured that out for me. Usually comes clean in the dishwasher for me. Maybe a toothpick?

Maragib said:
Just wanted to make sure you know that it comes apart into three pieces. My husband figured that out for me. Usually comes clean in the dishwasher for me. Maybe a toothpick?

ALOT of people don't realize that, so now at every show I show how it comes apart. If you take it apart & soak it for like 5 minutes, everything will come out with no problem.....:D

Maragib said:

I did NOT know that! I'll have to play with it, but I assume the middle part just pulls out? That would make a difference. Thanks.

I find if I rinse it right away in the direction of the blades it clears the clumps out, then it cleans easily.

pampchefsarah said:
I did NOT know that! I'll have to play with it, but I assume the middle part just pulls out? That would make a difference. Thanks.

Yep...just pulls out & snaps back in.....:D

so cool to know that--I always use a toothbrush. Happy New Year everyone!!

1. How do I clean the blades of the garlic slicer?

To clean the blades of the garlic slicer, first remove the blade cartridge from the base. Then, use a small brush or toothpick to remove any garlic pieces stuck in between the blades. You can also run the blades under warm water and use a gentle dish soap to remove any residue. Make sure to dry the blades thoroughly before reattaching to the base.

2. Can I put the garlic slicer in the dishwasher?

Yes, the blade cartridge of the garlic slicer is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing the base to prolong its lifespan. If using the dishwasher, make sure to place the blade cartridge on the top rack and remove any excess garlic pieces before running the dishwasher.

3. How often should I clean the garlic slicer?

Ideally, you should clean the garlic slicer after each use to prevent any garlic residue from building up and affecting the performance of the blades. However, if you use it frequently, we recommend cleaning it at least once a week to keep it in top condition.

4. Can I use a metal scrubber to clean the garlic slicer?

No, we do not recommend using a metal scrubber on the garlic slicer as it can damage the blades or the non-stick coating. Instead, use a soft brush or sponge to gently clean the blades and base.

5. How do I store the garlic slicer after cleaning?

After cleaning the garlic slicer, make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing it. We recommend storing the blade cartridge and base separately to prevent any damage or scratches. You can also use the protective cover that came with the slicer to keep it safe and clean in your kitchen drawer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jjaastef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
raebates
  • redsoxgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies