• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director How Do You Carry Your Cookbooks to Shows?

In summary, when carrying cookbooks to shows, you have a few options such as using a tote bag, backpack, rolling suitcase, or cart. It's important to choose a durable bag or container that can support the weight of your cookbooks. To prevent damage during transportation, pack them carefully with bubble wrap or plastic. It's not necessary to bring all of your cookbooks to every show, so choose a selection that fits the theme or audience. For easy access, you can organize your cookbooks alphabetically, by category, or with a table of contents or index.
Nanisu
Gold Member
I have mine in a basket and it gets pretty heavy, and they get beat up. I do like to take them tho because people look through them before the show starts and I do sell a lot--any ideas??

I don't take mine b/c I don't like them getting worn but when I did for cookbook month for guest special I had found a rubbermaid type tote box that was more tall than wide and had a carrying handle. I stood them up and alternated the spiral bindings so everyother one faced the opposite direction. It worked well.

I only take 2-3. When I started focusing on carrying less that was one of the first things to go :)

In a reusable shopping bag, inside the consultant tote. I'm bad about taking those and the whole tool turnabout to every show. (Well, when I was in Japan at least! I don't have them here in TX.)

I have to agree, they are heavy, but I do find when I bring them I do sell more...:)

I put mine in the front pocket of the rolling case and pull them out if there is space to display them or if someone asks

I haven't downsized my kit yet. I take the rolling crate and the tote that fits over the handle. I put my cookbooks in one of the side pocket of the rolling crate. I am currently only taking 3 of the $7.50 books and 3 of the $14.75 books.

I only bring the newest ones....or seasonal ones. I let the guests talk about the ones they have and that sells them for me.

1. How do you carry your cookbooks to shows?

There are a few different options for carrying cookbooks to shows. Some people prefer to use a sturdy tote bag or backpack, while others use a rolling suitcase or cart. It ultimately depends on the size and weight of your cookbooks and your personal preference.

2. Do you have any recommendations for a specific type of bag or container?

If you have a large number of heavy cookbooks, a rolling suitcase or cart may be the most practical option. However, if you only have a few books, a tote bag or backpack could work well. It's important to choose a bag or container that is durable and can support the weight of your cookbooks.

3. How do you prevent your cookbooks from getting damaged during transportation?

To prevent any damage to your cookbooks, it's important to pack them carefully. Use bubble wrap or packing paper to cushion the books and prevent them from shifting around during transportation. You can also place the books in a plastic bag or wrap them in plastic wrap to protect them from any potential spills or moisture.

4. Is it necessary to bring all of your cookbooks to every show?

It's not necessary to bring all of your cookbooks to every show. Consider the theme or focus of the event and choose a selection of cookbooks that would appeal to that audience. You can also rotate which cookbooks you bring to different shows to keep things fresh and offer a variety to your customers.

5. How do you organize your cookbooks for easy access at shows?

There are a few different ways to organize your cookbooks for easy access at shows. Some people prefer to alphabetize their books, while others organize by category or type of cuisine. It may also be helpful to have a table of contents or index readily available for customers to quickly find recipes they are interested in. Experiment with different methods to see what works best for you and your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MHouting
  • cookinkaren99
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • Denise K