• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Pampered Chef

In summary, the boxed recipe calls for 1/4 cup less liquid than is needed, the cake mix can be mixed without water and eggs, and the cake can be baked in a fluted pan or on a turntable.
Wendymp1998
Ok I've searched and searched, I can't find exact instructions on making the microwave cake. Can I just use the boxed recipe or do I need to add ingredients? I just want to give it a try, I've never used my fluted pan before and I'd like to start trying this in a demo soon. Thanks!
Wendy

We made the cake in the fluted pan at our meeting, the one that made it said to use about 1/4 cup less liquid than called for especially if you are putting the icing into it before cooking.
Anyway, she cooked it on high for 11 to 13 minutes.

I now make it all the time. I buy a Duncan Hines Chocolate or Devil's Food Cake Mix, No Name canned icing and that's it. I mix the cake according to the directions with the water, oil and eggs. Spritz the fluted pan VERY well both around the circumference inside and around the inside tube (the inside inside LOL) and then I pour in the prepared cake mix, plop on about 1/2 can of icing and bake for 12 minutes in micro.

If the micro doesn't have a turntable or won't rotate because it's not wide or deep enough for the pan (in my case mine is wide enough but not deep enough) then turn it every 3 minutes a 1/4 turn.

I let it sit 15-20 minutes and then flip it over onto the large S/A square platter and that's it. Self-iced cake (icing goes through the cake to make it super moist, ends up on the bottom of the pan and then when flipped becomes the glaze for the top and sides of the cake)

Hope that helps.

I buy any brand cake mix and add 2 cups sour cream and 3 eggs. Oil the stoneware fluted pan well and pour in mix. Microwave on high for 13-15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Loosen the edges and invert onto serving plate. Let cool completely. Put 2-3 tablespoons prepared frosting in the microcooker and microwave for 13 seconds. Drizzle over cooled cake. Garnish with shaved chocolate, nuts, coconut, powdered sugar or fruit - you choose the combinations according to taste and flavor compatability.

Hi Wendy,I'm so glad you're interested in trying out the microwave cake in your fluted pan! While you can certainly use a boxed cake mix, I recommend adding a few additional ingredients to make it extra delicious and moist. You can add a splash of milk, a tablespoon of sour cream, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the mix before microwaving. This will give it a homemade taste and texture that your guests will love.Also, make sure to follow the instructions on your fluted pan for microwaving. It may vary depending on the brand and model. And don't forget to let it cool before removing it from the pan.I hope this helps and I'm sure your demo will be a success with this delicious treat! Happy cooking!Best,

1. How do I make a microwave cake with Pampered Chef products?

To make a microwave cake with Pampered Chef products, you will need the Microwave Cake Pan and the Pampered Chef Microwave Cake Mix. Simply follow the instructions on the back of the cake mix package and use the Microwave Cake Pan to cook the cake in the microwave. It's quick and easy!

2. How long does it take to make a microwave cake?

The time it takes to make a microwave cake will vary depending on your microwave's wattage and the size of the cake. Generally, it takes about 3-5 minutes to cook a single serving microwave cake. However, we recommend checking the cake at the 3-minute mark and adding more time if needed.

3. Can I use a regular cake mix in the Microwave Cake Pan?

Yes, you can use a regular cake mix in the Microwave Cake Pan, but the cooking time and temperature may need to be adjusted. It's best to follow the instructions on the cake mix package and use a toothpick to check if the cake is done before removing it from the microwave.

4. Is it safe to microwave the Pampered Chef Microwave Cake Pan?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Microwave Cake Pan is specifically designed for use in the microwave and is safe to use. However, make sure to follow the instructions and do not use it in a conventional oven.

5. Can I make other desserts in the Microwave Cake Pan?

Yes, you can make a variety of desserts in the Microwave Cake Pan, such as brownies, lava cakes, and even mini pizzas. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature according to the recipe you are using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefkacey