• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"How Do I Work With the Price Objection?" Tip From Tammy Stanley

In summary, the author recommends finding a way to remove the price objection and suggests an analogy of how not the price of an item, but how often it is used makes it expensive. Another idea is to use cheaper alternatives to attract guests and make return or warranty issues more difficult.
esavvymom
Staff member
Saw this tip on Tammy Stanley's website today:

How do I work with the price objection?

I suggest that you find a way to remove the price objection.

As an example, I used to sell a line of clothing, and I always would hear that our prices were high.

Finally I learned to begin my presentation by saying, "Ladies, it's not the price of anything that makes it expensive; it's how many times you wear it." Then I would give examples of how true that was, and no one ever objected to our price point again because it was no longer an issue.

Find a way to make your price point a non-issue.

I've always been able to justify our high food bill because our family never ever has to go to the doctor. What we have saved on doctor bills over the years, I believe, far exceeds my monthly food bill.

So, if I were selling a food supplement that makes a significant difference in one's health, I could say, "What you save from eliminating monthly doctor bills far exceeds what you invest to stay healthy and feel great."

So for OUR shows, we could say "Ladies, it's not the price of anything that makes it expensive; it's how many times you use it."

Or maybe change times... to years!! Our products last years! :)

Thanks for sharing! Good analogy!

Very good point! Have a good way to respond to objections about the $5.25 s/h? I understand why guests want to combine orders but I I don't like doing it. Will make future return or warranty issues a pain. But, so many guests are really bothered by our S/H costs. Anyone have a good response that works?

What about the analogy that if they went to "Walmart" (or whatever store you would like to use) and they were sold out of the item, then they would have to drive at least twice to the store (or to a different location), wasting gas. Also, the S/H can also be thought of as the "entry fee" for seeing the demo and having access to a personal consultant who is willing to help them find their kitchen needs. Cheaper than going to a movie, and more fun too :)

1. How do I handle customers who think Pampered Chef products are too expensive?

When faced with the price objection, it's important to emphasize the value and quality of our products. Share personal experiences or testimonials from satisfied customers to showcase the benefits of our products. You can also offer flexible payment options or special deals to make the price more affordable.

2. What if a customer compares our prices to similar products from other companies?

In this situation, it's important to highlight the unique features and benefits of our products that set them apart from competitors. You can also offer a price match guarantee or showcase any special promotions or discounts currently available.

3. How can I address the price objection without sounding pushy or defensive?

The key is to stay calm and confident in your response. Instead of getting defensive, focus on understanding the customer's concerns and addressing them with empathy. Use positive language and avoid pressuring the customer to make a purchase.

4. What if a customer asks for a discount or a lower price?

It's important to stick to the company's pricing policies and not offer discounts or lower prices without approval from a manager. Instead, you can offer to include an extra product or a free gift with their purchase to add value without changing the price.

5. How do I handle price objections from customers who are just browsing or not ready to make a purchase?

In this situation, it's important to focus on building a relationship with the customer and understanding their needs. Offer to follow up with them at a later time or provide them with additional information about our products. This can help them see the value in our products and potentially change their mind about the price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies