• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Anyone Help Me Take a Screenshot?

In summary, to take a screenshot on a PC, hit the "prt sc" button and then open up the program named "Paint". Next, choose the select button and select the stuff you want. Cut and open another new document, and then paste. Finally, crop and save as a jpg.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I know there's a way to take a picture of something you see on your screen but I don't know how to do that. Can anyone help me? Also, who do we email when we see consultants selling products on kijiji, craigslist etc? Is the same in Canada as the US?

Thanks in advance!

To take a screenshot (on a PC), hit the "prt sc" button that should be to the left of the delete button. Then open up the program named "Paint", you should find that under Accessories and paste it into a blank document. Once in Paint, choose the select button (it looks like a square with dotted borders) and select the stuff you really want, cut & open another new paint doc. It will ask you if you want to save the first doc, say no. Then in the 2nd paint doc, paste & then click on crop. Use the pull down to save as a jpg (which is NOT the default) and choose where you want to save the picture!

Wonderful, thank you Kristina! How do I 'paste' and could I do this right into the body of an email? I want to email the screenshot to PChef showing the ad that's on a fb yardsale site. This active consultant is regularly posting things for sale on this local site and it's getting rather annoying.

Wow, that was easy :) Now to figure out who to email it to and the easiest way to do so..as an attachment? Thanks again Kristina; I didn't even know I had a 'paint' under accessories :D

kristina16marie said:
To take a screenshot (on a PC), hit the "prt sc" button that should be to the left of the delete button. ...

I hit shift-Prt Scr. And its location varies on different keyboards. Mine is above the backspace key.

Woohoo! It's so much fun learning new things :D Okay, so I've saved it in my pictures as a jpg and I'll just attach it to the email.

ChefPeg said:
I hit shift-Prt Scr. And its location varies on different keyboards. Mine is above the backspace key.

kristina16marie said:
To take a screenshot (on a PC), hit the "prt sc" button that should be to the left of the delete button. Then open up the program named "Paint", you should find that under Accessories and paste it into a blank document. Once in Paint, choose the select button (it looks like a square with dotted borders) and select the stuff you really want, cut & open another new paint doc. It will ask you if you want to save the first doc, say no. Then in the 2nd paint doc, paste & then click on crop. Use the pull down to save as a jpg (which is NOT the default) and choose where you want to save the picture!

Mine was actually on the top row beside the F12 key. Wierd how they can't all be universal like the rest of the QWERTY keyboard!

You're welcome! And, yes just attach it to the email you send in to home office. =D

[alt] [prtsc] will give you a shot of the active window, so you can get a screen shot of just what you want instead of the entire screen:

the_kitchen_guy-albums-bucket-picture1730t-reputation-box.jpg

1. How do I take a screenshot on a Windows computer?

To take a screenshot on a Windows computer, press the "Windows" key and the "Print Screen" key at the same time. The screenshot will be saved to your computer's "Pictures" folder.

2. How do I take a screenshot on a Mac computer?

To take a screenshot on a Mac computer, press the "Command," "Shift," and "3" keys at the same time. The screenshot will be saved to your desktop.

3. Can I take a screenshot of a specific part of my screen?

Yes, you can take a screenshot of a specific part of your screen by pressing the "Windows" key, "Shift," and "S" keys at the same time on a Windows computer. This will allow you to select the area you want to capture. On a Mac computer, press the "Command," "Shift," and "4" keys at the same time, then click and drag to select the area you want to capture.

4. How do I take a screenshot on a mobile device?

To take a screenshot on a mobile device, press the power button and the volume down button at the same time. The screenshot will be saved to your device's photo gallery.

5. How do I edit a screenshot before saving it?

To edit a screenshot before saving it, you can use the built-in editing tools on your computer or mobile device. On a Windows computer, you can paste the screenshot into an image editing program, such as Paint, to make any necessary edits. On a Mac computer, you can use the Preview app to make edits. On a mobile device, you can use the built-in markup tool or a third-party photo editing app to make edits before saving the screenshot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
Sarah Mitson
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • flemings99
  • General Chat