• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I shift my schedule

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
HELP!
I need some ideas for wording, without sounding desperate, to get interested host to start looking at shows at the beginning of the month of May. Here's why. I have not been able to do Cooking shows since December 16th. I can start doing them again on April 8th. However, everyone is booking late in April. So, how do I get hosts from those shows, (I am being VERY optamistic here folks!) and get them to do shows in two weeks? I need more shows at the begining of the month(s). My months always seem to be very "bottom heavy" so I ma hoping to keep the trend going with the right wording.

monica_sweetconsultant

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Jul 23, 2005
with easter coming in the middle of the month that would be tough. does that mean you are finally feeling better? we have missed you on the board!! anways, you could try and do april fool's shows or maybe easter shows???? i havent done a show since jan. and am inactive so advice from me isnt something i would use!! try those and see if anyone would be interested in adjusting there shows to get them done faster???? anyways glad do see ya back on the board!!

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
Maybe it would appeal to people that you'd TRULY make it an express show for them. They'd have to give you the complete guest list within a couple days. You send out all the invites, but stress it's easiest if you just do the evites. Tell them you'll bring the food already prepared and do a short demo. So, they actually wouldn't even be paying for the ingredients. Offer to make the reminder calls to the guests so they don't have to. If they live close by, maybe even offer to have the show shipped to you so you'd divide up the orders. It would basically be NO work for them. I would think people who are crunched for time and otherwise wouldn't have thought about hosting a show would bite at this option. And sometimes those shows that are booked closer in have better attendance than those that are farther out. People may know their schedules closer in and could commit more easily to coming.

Some people even do away with invites all together, except for evites. You or the host could just CALL people to tell them to come. Maybe offer a special theme like an "ugly scraper/spatula" show and whoever brings the ugliest wins a new one, etc.

Just some thoughts! Good luck getting back on your feet in your business!:D

PampMomof3

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2005
Hey John! I'm glad to see you on here again! Welcome back! ;) If your schedule has been bottom heavy lately, I would promote the "price of the day promotion". It would be more incentive for people to book in the beginning of the month than it would towards the end. Of course you would be spending some money out of pocket, but you can limit what you want them to pick from.

Good Luck!:)

Attachments

• Dollar Day$ at the PC.doc
    179.5 KB · Views: 427

tiffanypc05

Advanced Member
Nov 3, 2005

If you wanted to do a show on the 8th, you could say book a show on the eighth and receive a food chopper for $8. This gets a lot of people. I would order with there discount and subtract there $8 and you wouldn't actually have that much money invested in it. This is what I am doing because I'm having the same problem.

PampMomof3

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2005
tiffanypc05 said:
If you wanted to do a show on the 8th, you could say book a show on the eighth and receive a food chopper for $8. This gets a lot of people. I would order with there discount and subtract there $8 and you wouldn't actually have that much money invested in it. This is what I am doing because I'm having the same problem.

That's exactly what you do! My highest show (which was in my 3rd super starter month) was $1547 and it was due to that promo. I think I ended up paying $1.95 out of pocket for that show!! Not too shabby!!!:D :D :D

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
Those are great ideas!

Now I just have to decide which way to go. And how much I want to spend.
I will keep you all posted.
AND THANK YOU ALL!

chefjeanine

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
John,

If you use the "price of the day" promotion (something I've been doing for April w/ the medium bar pan), you may want to tell them that they need a minimum # of guests (I ask for 30) on their invite list. CYA.

Good luck.

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
Good Idea

There is nothing worse to me than wasting a perfectly good product promotion on three guests!