• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Order Breakdowns Be Provided for Individual Delivery?

In summary, this high maintenance host expects the participant to combine orders and then provides no information about who ordered what. The participant provides a summary of the conversation and provides suggestions to the high maintenance host on how to handle the high maintenance host.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I just received this email from a high maintenance PITA host who HAD to have an Oct show and then never purchased a host special or her half price product but then bought $150 from partylite instead! Then wanted the pictures of the trifle bowl displays copied (in color for her AND a guest) plus wanted me to copy the trifle bowl recipes (all 31 pages) TWICE. I emailed those instead. Wasn't ready to close when she told me she was and I stopped by on the way to work etc etc. Wanted groups of people combined on order forms - 2 from the gym on one, 3 outside orders from work on another (one being a customer that purchased the SS mixing bowl set which is $96.50 here - and she couldn't pay the full $5 shipping with an order that size - had to share it with 2 other people come on! Now I get this:

I just loaded some of the orders into my car to take with me tomorrow to deliver and when looking at the orders, I realized that they are combined with the shipping fee under one person's name and not broken down per l person. Is there any way you could email me the breakdown per person so I can sort the bags properly?
I don't remember what each individual ordered and this would make it a lot easier.

How the heck do I respond POLITELY to this person besides saying "sorry, I mentioned I would only need one name for the order form/warranty since there was only room in the pc program for that if they insisted on combining orders, who's name should I use?' and now I can't help you....LOL

That sounds as nasty as I feel to this host and I need some help 'cleaning it up' and making it friendly but firm!

I'd just tell her "Sorry, I don't have that information". What a :yuck: GOOFBALL!!

Just tell her the truth. "Because I combined the order under one person's name to combine shipping, I do not have the individual order information for which you are asking. I'm sure your guests will remember what they ordered."
Talk about high maintenance.

CrazyWow that's crazy. I have had my share of high maintenance hosts too. I just don't know how some people can be so inconsiderate. Hope it works out for you. Sometimes you just can't please these people.

I think I over compensate for people like this. Like when I clean up the table and wipe it down after our family eats at a restaurant. My husband thinks it's funny and wants to tip me. I also wipe down the bathroom sinks if they are messy, pick up paper towels all thrown on the floor where people missed the trash can (I pick it up with other paper towels) and I smash it down.

I also try to pick up litter anywhere I am at (park, neighborhood, etc). I also pick up clothing off the floor that fell from racks at stores and I pick up toys or things left on the floor. I always give food or other items to the cashier that are left crammed in the magazine racks. LOL

I agree let your host ask her guests what they ordered.

I am silly but I can't help it.

Debbie :D

I try my best (which I'm sure you did as well) to make it clear to the host that if there are combined orders, it will make it more difficult to tell who ordered what and if there's a problem with a product, they will have a hard time if it's not in their name.

Basically, would you rather have the warranty or save a couple bucks on shipping.

I wouldn't be suprised if PC went to a 10% shipping charge like PL with all the "cheating" guests.

Oh Ya, as far as a response.....what they said /\.:D

I have people who still insist on combining orders like this, or they won't order.
In some cases I can understand - they are only interested in a pantry item, for instance.

I make it clear up front that only one receipt is going out, and whoever orders the largest ticket item gets the receipt. Then I do the math for them.

I had a guest at my last show who wanted to add her order onto the host's. The host was actually willing until I said no way, that isn't fair to the host - you will have to add it to another guest order so the host will get credit on the show totals.

one being a customer that purchased the SS mixing bowl set which is $96.50 here - and she couldn't pay the full $5 shipping
This takes the cake!

I'd offer to do the math for her when she can tell me who ordered what.
Did she not write it down on the order form she gave you? I mean, no initials of the people or ANYTHING?

When I am asked if they can combine orders, I just tell them about the receipt and warranty and if they do combine orders, then I don't want to know about it. They will have to go through the host to make sure they get their stuff.

kspry said:
I'd offer to do the math for her when she can tell me who ordered what.
Did she not write it down on the order form she gave you? I mean, no initials of the people or ANYTHING?

At the show there were 8 guests. One guest gave me an order, then another, then a mother and daughter combined their's with mother's 10% discount, then another 2 came up together and then the last two figured out that one was only ordering a $10 item so they might as well combine. So 8 guests and 4 orders. Then the host wanted to give me HER order (at 60% off) to get the show to $200 to qualify (?!?!)

After the show she got 3 orders from work and they combined (one was the SS bowls). She phoned and said I have 5 orders - 3 from work and I want them all on one receipt to share shipping and then 2 from the gym that can share shipping. I explained AGAIN that there would be a warranty and receipt under only one name and she said fine. So I asked for name for warranty, starting typing in order and then she said the next person on this order is ____. I stated I didn't need to know the name since there was only room for one name per receipt, please just give me the product number and payment method. I had to repeat myself AGAIN when we did the combined order for the 2 from the gym.

Now I'm trying to 'politely' repeat myself...again!

I used the responses given above and haven't heard back yet - keeping my fingers crossed that I don't. The scary thing is this is a well educated woman who works for the Ministry of Agriculture!

kcjodih said:
At the show there were 8 guests. One guest gave me an order, then another, then a mother and daughter combined their's with mother's 10% discount, then another 2 came up together and then the last two figured out that one was only ordering a $10 item so they might as well combine. So 8 guests and 4 orders. Then the host wanted to give me HER order (at 60% off) to get the show to $200 to qualify (?!?!)

After the show she got 3 orders from work and they combined (one was the SS bowls). She phoned and said I have 5 orders - 3 from work and I want them all on one receipt to share shipping and then 2 from the gym that can share shipping. I explained AGAIN that there would be a warranty and receipt under only one name and she said fine. So I asked for name for warranty, starting typing in order and then she said the next person on this order is ____. I stated I didn't need to know the name since there was only room for one name per receipt, please just give me the product number and payment method. I had to repeat myself AGAIN when we did the combined order for the 2 from the gym.

Now I'm trying to 'politely' repeat myself...again!

I used the responses given above and haven't heard back yet - keeping my fingers crossed that I don't. The scary thing is this is a well educated woman who works for the Ministry of Agriculture!

I've learned that "well-educated" doesn't necessarily equate with intelligence or common sense!:rolleyes:

I'd tell her that "sorry, I don't have that information"......if she needs an explanation, I'd remind her of how the orders were placed.

I always give my hosts copies of the order forms with the receipts. If orders were combined, they can figure out who ordered what. I ask not to know if someone is combining, and that if they are combining, the order needs to be on one order form.

Just my 2 cents...I realize that I'm a newbie consultant but here is my advice. Just don't let them combine shipping. I've only done 4 shows and at 2 of them people wanted to combine shipping. I simply told them that I can't do that. I talked about the warranty and how important it was to have their own receipt.

My thought is if they refuse to place an order because they are too cheap to pay the shipping cost then so be it. I don't need or want them as a customer.

I don't recommend or suggest they combine shipping but they're going to do what they're going to do. I'm not going to refuse their order if they do so, it's their business but I DO explain the ramifications. Not important enough to me to lose them though. I won't figure everything out for them, but I will take their orders. One order and only one payment per.

Just my 2 cents...
kcjodih said:
I'm not going to refuse their order if they do so, it's their business but I DO explain the ramifications. Not important enough to me to lose them though. I won't figure everything out for them, but I will take their orders. One order and only one payment per.

I just don't want to put myself in any position where it might come back later to bite me. Because we all know these same people would be the first people to come back later and get upset if they didnt' get a receipt. I'm not mean about it. And I haven't had a single person refuse to order so far. If they did, I guess I would just tell them, "Are you going to get all upset just over $4?" Besides, it isn't fair to my host who is trying to reach 12 paying guest to get a free or discounted item.

Some retail stores have had to change thier policies because of these same people who try to milk the system. Sure it isn't very popular but they have had to do what they have had to do. You will always have people who try and take advantage of the situation. I just don't let them. :D

vtodd71 said:
I just don't want to put myself in any position where it might come back later to bite me. Because we all know these same people would be the first people to come back later and get upset if they didnt' get a receipt. I'm not mean about it. And I haven't had a single person refuse to order so far. If they did, I guess I would just tell them, "Are you going to get all upset just over $4?" Besides, it isn't fair to my host who is trying to reach 12 paying guest to get a free or discounted item.

Some retail stores have had to change thier policies because of these same people who try to milk the system. Sure it isn't very popular but they have had to do what they have had to do. You will always have people who try and take advantage of the situation. I just don't let them. :D

It won't come back to bite me - not my problem and explained clearly while ordering. I have NO problem explaining when they have a return that they need to get the receipt from so and so (they have to remember not me) or ask them who they ordered on if no receipt is required and I'm just making the online adjustment for them.

Again, it's personal preference - you your way, mine my way. No right or wrong. I'm not the order police and will take orders given to me. We're each in business for ourselves. I KNOW I'm not the only one who turns a blind eye when customers do this. I don't promote, but I don't refuse either.

Just my 2 cents...
kcjodih said:
Again, it's personal preference - you your way, mine my way. No right or wrong. I'm not the order police and will take orders given to me. We're each in business for ourselves. I KNOW I'm not the only one who turns a blind eye when customers do this. I don't promote, but I don't refuse either.

O.K. You are right. I was just trying to give some advice. As far as a response, I'd just tell the person you don't have that information. What else can you do for them?

I just don't combine orders because I think it prevents headaches like this in the future.

3 from work and I want them all on one receipt

Ugh. I have a host doing this thing right now. But, she has outside order forms and has written down who gets what. And she works at a bank and split up the sipping & tax herself - I just made sure it matched PP when I entered it!

"Are you going to get all upset just over $4?"
I don't like doing it, either, but for little items like $3.75 BBQ rub, who in their right mind is going to pay $4 shipping? They are just making the order to be "polite", I think, and could easily get BBQ rub elsewhere.

kspry said:
I don't like doing it, either, but for little items like $3.75 BBQ rub, who in their right mind is going to pay $4 shipping? They are just making the order to be "polite", I think, and could easily get BBQ rub elsewhere.

Honestly, if they are placing an order just to be "polite", I'd rather them not order anything to begin with. In fact, I even tell my guest during the show that they are under no obligation to buy anything. However, I point out that I feel the products sell themself and don't feel like I have to use pressure tactics to get people to buy stuff.

So if someone decides not to buy anything, then I consider that their loss. I truly believe in these products and feel everyone can benefit from them. If they can't see that after seeing a cooking show, then they just weren't paying attention. ;)

Remember also that when a host wants to combine orders it may not be the guests who are concerened about the $4. When I started out my mom did a show for me. Several people at her work wanted to place orders (all people VERY familiar with PC and had a lot of prods, my mom was new to us). MY MOM told them we could combine the orders to save them the $4. The guests would have been fine with paying. I explained to her that she was responsible for remembering who orderd what and if there was return problems it was up to them to remember who had the receipts. I then told her under no circumstance would I do this for her again. I could obviously be more blunt with my mom than another guest but I was furious that SHE was making such a fuss about $4.

I have only had 3 shows and at the first 2 I have been asked to combine orders.

I would not do it at my first show since the host wanted to combine 2 outside orders onto 1 order. I asked her if the guests knew she was doing this and she said "no". I said I could not combine the orders without knowing that one guest would be OK without a receipt - you just never know! I told her unless they asked to combine the orders, I could not assume they would be OK with this. Obviously both had NO issues with the shipping since they themselves had not said anything!

At my second show, the gal had a few very small orders that a few people wanted combined onto one order. She explained the warranty situation to each person and she listed the orders clearly for me. (The person who had the highest total got the receipt.) I figured out the totals each person would owe. When I put it into P3, I listed however many separate payments due to make one order. I made sure the separate orders totaled the "big" total. Then as I got each payment, I changed the not paid yet to the method that was paid. This was pretty easy. But does doing it this way "signal" to HO that I am combining orders??

kam said:
I have only had 3 shows and at the first 2 I have been asked to combine orders.

I would not do it at my first show since the host wanted to combine 2 outside orders onto 1 order. I asked her if the guests knew she was doing this and she said "no". I said I could not combine the orders without knowing that one guest would be OK without a receipt - you just never know! I told her unless they asked to combine the orders, I could not assume they would be OK with this. Obviously both had NO issues with the shipping since they themselves had not said anything!

At my second show, the gal had a few very small orders that a few people wanted combined onto one order. She explained the warranty situation to each person and she listed the orders clearly for me. (The person who had the highest total got the receipt.) I figured out the totals each person would owe. When I put it into P3, I listed however many separate payments due to make one order. I made sure the separate orders totaled the "big" total. Then as I got each payment, I changed the not paid yet to the method that was paid. This was pretty easy. But does doing it this way "signal" to HO that I am combining orders??

I'm sure HO is aware that people combine orders. It is discouraged, because it does leave someone w/o a receipt/warranty - but people are going to do what they want to do - and it's my job to make them aware of the consequences of their actions, but it's NOT my job to be their conscience.
I have one group of ladies who ALWAYS combine orders.....3 orders per order. The person with the largest total gets the receipt, and the order is in her name. I have told them numerous times that this isn't the best way to order - but they seem to think they are being "Good Stewards" of their money by splitting the shipping....whatever!:rolleyes: I tell them they are on their own as far as breakage/warranty etc......and they have sort of a "yeah, yeah, yeah, - heard it before" attitude. It's their problem.

hperschnick said:
....but I was furious that SHE was making such a fuss about $4.

That's my point exactly. I've ordered products from other catalogs where the shipping/handling was way more than $4. Yet some of these people act like $4 for shipping is outrageous. They want something for nothing. They obviously don't do a lot of shopping from catalogs or online. I think $4 isn't that big of a deal, especially when the packages come very well wrapped and arrives quickly. You can't get that from too many other companies.

Not only does it leave someone without a receipt or warranty, but it cheats HO.

Also let the hostess know that with 12 orders she gets a bonus product free. Like October is the small bamboo set, with the knife, fork and ladle. That will usually rethink her decision. I had one lady who wanted to combine a $600 catalog show into one order so they wouldn't have to pay shipping. I refused to let her do that and told her it had to be in at least 5 orders. I explained to her that the home office could not ship that to her with only $4 shipping added and they would question only one order and really it would be counted as an individual order instead. Therefore, she would not get any host benefits. She distributed it between 5 orders.
I was sure hoping noone would book another catalog show from that group and have to go through that again.
Crystal

When I started a year ago, the guest special was usually purchase $60 get whatever FREE. It was suggested in my cluster to encouraged guest to combine orders if one of them wanted the free item or even do it on PP and keep the free item. I was worried about it and called HO to ask if it was allowed and I was told that as long as the customer agrees to it that it is allowed. If there is a return it needs to be made in the name of the receipt holder. I asked if I'd "get in trouble" he said no. I was surprised but happy. However, fast foward 1 year, and I can not remember the last guest special where the guest received a FREE item for spending $60 (I think April). PP3 also allows multiple credit cards in different names for the same order. I think it is allowed but HO has made it less tempting to do it, even by adding a host incentive to not combining orders.

DebbieSAChef said:
Wow that's crazy. I have had my share of high maintenance hosts too. I just don't know how some people can be so inconsiderate. Hope it works out for you. Sometimes you just can't please these people.

I think I over compensate for people like this. Like when I clean up the table and wipe it down after our family eats at a restaurant. My husband thinks it's funny and wants to tip me. I also wipe down the bathroom sinks if they are messy, pick up paper towels all thrown on the floor where people missed the trash can (I pick it up with other paper towels) and I smash it down.

I also try to pick up litter anywhere I am at (park, neighborhood, etc). I also pick up clothing off the floor that fell from racks at stores and I pick up toys or things left on the floor. I always give food or other items to the cashier that are left crammed in the magazine racks. LOL

I agree let your host ask her guests what they ordered.

I am silly but I can't help it.

Debbie :D

I do all that too Debbie!! LOL!!
I am sure that there are many more who do as well! LOL

vtodd71 said:
Honestly, if they are placing an order just to be "polite", I'd rather them not order anything to begin with. QUOTE]

I see your point in not splitting orders for clients and the headache from it. However, sometimes that $3.75 order can make a difference in the amount of free product for your host. I'd never shy away from an order for a host's show. That's just me. You never know what you could miss out on if you did...;) COuld effect your commission rate. That $3.75 could have bumped you up to a $4003.75 month. Ya never know... That's all I'm saying....

I don't usually have people combining orders, but if they did, when closing out with me, I let them know that the order is in under one person. When entering a show, I make sure to include the other person as a guest so I have their information.

In response to the original post-- been there and I sympathize. Feeling worn down by that kind of stuff at this point.

1. How do I respond to a customer's complaint?

When responding to a customer's complaint, it's important to listen to their concerns and validate their feelings. Apologize for any inconvenience and offer a solution, such as a replacement or refund. Make sure to follow up with the customer to ensure their satisfaction.

2. What should I say when a customer asks for a discount?

When a customer asks for a discount, it's important to remain polite and professional. Explain the value of our products and services and the reasons for our pricing. You can also offer alternative options, such as a payment plan or bundle deal.

3. How should I respond to a customer's question about a product's availability?

When a customer asks about a product's availability, it's best to be honest and transparent. If the product is out of stock, let them know and offer to notify them when it becomes available again. If it's a limited edition or discontinued item, offer alternative products or suggest signing up for our email list for future promotions.

4. What do I do when a customer is asking for a refund?

If a customer is requesting a refund, it's important to follow our company's refund policy. Explain the policy to the customer and offer to process the refund if they are eligible. If the customer is not eligible for a refund, try to find a compromise or offer a credit for future purchases.

5. How should I respond to a customer's negative review?

When responding to a negative review, it's important to remain professional and empathetic. Thank the customer for their feedback and address their concerns. Offer a solution, such as a replacement or refund, and invite them to reach out to our customer service team for further assistance. It's also important to monitor and respond to reviews in a timely manner to show that we value our customers' feedback.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • nashaynelson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nashaynelson
  • lt1jane