• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Get My Host to Close the Show and Collect Payment?

In summary, the host did not respond to phone calls or emails, and the show is still open. The guest's orders are still pending, and the host may have to pay for the orders herself. The host can either pay the guest for the orders or cover the payments and have the show shipped to the host.
TheFreddiesCook
I need the right words to get this host to close her show!! The show was last Friday, and I am still not able to get a hold of her to collect her payment, and the payment of a friend's outside order. I e-mail, I leave phone messages, and no answer... So here I am with an open show from 8 days ago and can't send it in... :mad:

Also, how can I avoid this next time?
Thanks!

Sorry that you're experiencing this--it is so frustrating, I know. Do you have enough payments in to submit the show? What you can do is call and e-mail the host again telling her that you'd really like her guests to be able to receive their products that they've already paid for in a timely manner. Once you submit a show it can take up to 2 weeks to receive the shipment. You would like her guests to be pleased with your customer service, and think it best that this show get closed as soon as possible. Here's 2 things you can do if it gets absolutely so late and you NEED that show to get submitted (tell her that it HAS to be submitted before the end of the month):1. Call the host again and tell her that she needs to call you so you can close the show. If you don't hear from her, and since you don't have the payments, you will have to remove the orders that aren't paid for. The host will still get all her free items, but if she would like to get her monthly host special and half-priced items still--you need to hear from her. (It could be that she doesn't have the money to pay for the extra stuff and is avoiding you....or she is just super busy, etc.) Let her know that the host special and half-price items are optional things and she doesn't have to use them.2. If you can afford it, you can leave the missing payments as they are and then when you go to the show payment screen and check mark the consultant payment box, just have it so that you cover the missing payments. BUT--have the show be shipped to you. That way if she wants her things, she has to pay you for it. If she doesn't, then you can return them and get your money back. Of course this means that you will need to make arrangements to meet up with the host to give her all the orders. That might get frustrating if she doesn't return messages. To avoid this in the future, tell your hosts before the show, during your host coaching calls, that you will be closing the show either that night or by 2 days after the show. You find it best to do that so that everyone gets their orders quickly. When they drag it out, it hardly ever leads to additional orders and it ends up making the people who did order things wonder what's up with their stuff.I typically close a show 2 days later. That gives the host a chance to call all the people who didn't show at the last minute, and to call anyone that she might have forgotten to remind or double check with (work, church, etc). I give the host their total so far and let them know how much they need to reach the next level, and what they'll get. That helps to excite them to push for a few more orders. I encourage them, though, to have all the outside orders gathered before the show, so that after her party she knows approximately what level she'll be at. Then she can work on boosting it higher with trying one last time with people.Hope that helps!

I would try to call her at different times. I had a host that was so excited about her party but when I attempted host coaching she never answered and never called back. I called different days and different times. Finally I called at 8:45 on a Saturday morning. ...I think I woke her up... She said that she was planning to call me that day (right) and that she gets in trouble with her daughters all the time for not returning calls. We are still doing the show but I wonder why she doesn't see how rude that is.

One of the things I do is the night of their show we set a day to close their show.

Yes, I did this with her... Her show was on the 15th and we agreed to close it on Monday the 18th... but here is almost the following Monday and the show is still open...

I will call again on Monday and will tell her about placing the orders without the half-price items...
Thanks for everyone's input..!

I have started asking the host for a blank check before I leave, and tell her if she collects any other outside orders to just have the checks made out to her and I just fill out the amount of what is owed on the show, so far it has helped and I know the show will get closed in a timely manner. I have had to close a show out without ever being able to contact the host, I even chose her FREE items and sent her a letter that said I sorry to have to do this but... She never called even after that.

sherylscooking said:
I have started asking the host for a blank check before I leave, and tell her if she collects any other outside orders to just have the checks made out to her and I just fill out the amount of what is owed on the show, so far it has helped and I know the show will get closed in a timely manner. I have had to close a show out without ever being able to contact the host, I even chose her FREE items and sent her a letter that said I sorry to have to do this but... She never called even after that.

I don't think I'd feel comfortable asking for a blank check. They might think I'm going to swindle them or something. Usually what I do is have all the after show orders be paid to the host and then the host covers the amounts. I add them all up and put one payment on the host's order and she uses her credit card/debit card. I offer this to them as an option if they feel comfortable with it. Most do, but I let them know it's an option, because some people don't like to use credit cards and some people don't like to get involved with their friends/coworkers finances.

I also ask for either a phone number or e-mail address for all outside orders. I let them know that I need it for customer service and in case I should need to get a hold of them if there is a question about their order. Then if the host isn't returning calls, you can at least get payments/double check on those outside orders.

I don't think I could do the blank check, either... The outside order is just one for only $17, but the host's order is about $90, and that I can't cover so... I talked to my director, she adviced me to wait until Monday, and call again... If I can't solve it then, I will do what someone adviced here about leaving her half-price items out.

I would be careful about how I'd say/word anything. you don't know what's going on in her life. She or someone could be sick or lots of things could be knocking down the priority of the show. You reputation is on the line too.

My advice is to contact someone from the party and express your concern. Say that you aren't able to get in touch with her to close the party and you are worried that something's wrong. Her aunt or best friend will know if something's going on or if she's just that way and they will tell her to contact you. I have had to do this a couple times and EVERY time the host got back to me right away apologizing that she was so busy...

If that doesn't work to get her to call then I'd leave a message that you really need to get the show in so her friends can get their things but because you can't afford to cover her order you'd have no choice but to take those items off and that since you have no way to contact the guest who hasn't paid for their order you'll have to remove that too. Be super nice and almost apologetic. "I hate to do this but... so please call me by ____!" Personally, I have never had to go that far so hopefully you won't either.

Blank check: I have suggested a blank check to a few hosts but no matter how well they know me I have found few who felt comfortable with that. I tell them that I prefer that any additional orders and the host order be paid by credit or debit card but if anyone can't do that I arrange a meeting time and place to exchange payment and receipts. Works for me.

Last edited:
Not saying this is the case here, but I've had hosts before who didn't realize that I couldn't close the show without their order. They thought I could send in the guest orders, and then they could get me their order whenever.....

Good point! I did not think about that ! thanks!

Go to her house, knock on the door...when someone comes, politely say "I have come to close your show!"

good idea!! "Hi, I was in the neighborhood..." Arrrgh... I am sending an e-mail today...first... Should I post it here and you can tell me what you think? Or is that not safe? ( In case someone here knows this host and somehow she'll get to see this note... I don't know, I am being paranoid...sorry )

Post your email draft- but "change the names to protect the innocent" (or incompetent?) HA-HA

Update!!!! I sent the e-mail and about 1 hr later she called and we are closed, the show went in... $833 total sales!!!! So I am happy... Thanks for all the great advice... I will certainly apply it some more in future shows! :thumbup:

I try to get a credit card number from the host while I'm at the show. I tell her that I don't want her to have to email it because it's not secure. Most hosts don't mind that like they might a blank check...

You folks are so much nicer than I am. I tell my host during coaching that the show closes 24 hours after the "party" ends. I also tell them that only items that have been paid for get processed. I have yet to have a host balk at the idea. In fact, instead of getting a lot of orders afterward, the hosts normally get all the outside orders BEFORE the show. The only calls I normally get during the 24 hour period is from guests who attended to want to add additional items to their order.I'm a newbie. Only been around 91 days but have done 24 shows. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've found hosts to understand the 24 hour policy right from the start.

That's great. Everyone's style and customer base is different. It seems you've found what works for you. One of the things I love about PC is that we each get create the details that work for us.

I make sure to tell all my hosts, in front of EVERYONE, that we will be closing on such and such a date and your host will have their products by and I do, I give them a date! I also say that there is a 1 or 2 day flex in there and that they can call the host for an update. I know we are shipping at about 5 days from submit so... With this in the minds of all the guests, my hosts know it better get done!

1. How can I handle a host who is constantly changing the guest list?

It's important to communicate clearly with the host about the guest list. You can suggest setting a deadline for finalizing the guest list to avoid last-minute changes. You can also offer to send invitations to the guests on behalf of the host to make it easier for them.

2. What should I do if the host is not responding to my messages or calls?

If the host is unresponsive, try reaching out through a different method such as email or social media. If you still don't receive a response, it's best to contact your supervisor or the host's consultant for assistance.

3. How do I handle a host who wants to change the party date or time?

If the host wants to change the party date or time, try to be flexible and accommodate their request if possible. However, if it's not feasible, politely explain the importance of sticking to the original date and time for the best turnout and sales.

4. What if the host wants to cancel the party altogether?

If the host wants to cancel the party, try to reschedule for a later date or offer to do a virtual party instead. If the host insists on canceling, be understanding and thank them for their interest in hosting a party. You can also suggest them to attend another party as a guest.

5. How should I handle a host who is not meeting their sales goals?

If the host is not meeting their sales goals, offer to help them with their guest list or suggest ways to boost sales such as offering host rewards or promoting certain products. It's also important to communicate the importance of meeting sales goals for both the host and the consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies