• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Figure Out the Tax Percentage for Pp, for Shows and

In summary, calculating the tax percentage for sales at trade shows depends on the location and applicable sales tax rate. It is recommended to contact event organizers or the local tax authority for the exact tax percentage. For online sales, the need to charge sales tax depends on the business and customer locations. Sales tax is imposed on goods and services, while use tax is imposed on out-of-state purchases. Exemptions to sales tax at trade shows may apply for certain products or services, and it is best to check with organizers or the tax authority. Reporting and paying sales tax for trade show sales can be done through an online portal or by filling out a sales tax return, and accurate records and documentation may be required.
chefchelsea
How do I figure out the tax percentage for PP, for shows and individual orders--I live in NC. I have an outside order from UT though. Not sure how to find out. I thought all 3-shipping, food and sales were all 7% but I'm not sure. And what is the difference between shows and having them send it to their own address tax wise?

It depends on what part of Ut you are sending it to. I believe the Salt Lake area is 6.6% and Orem, provo, is 6.25% but you can look under PC tax guide and it can tell you what the tax rate. What part of Ut?

It is Richfield, UT. So I did that and it's 6.25%, but which tax is that for, shipping? How do I know what the food and sales tax is?

put 6.5% in all the blocks the food tax is also 6.25% HTH :)

Last edited:
Thanks, it helped a lot! Another question though, when it is an individual order, to they have to pay more shipping then when ordered through a show?

yes anytime an order is sent to the guest whether individual or a show they do have to pay for the individual shipping

1. How do I calculate the tax percentage for my sales at trade shows?

The tax percentage for your sales at trade shows will depend on the location of the show and the applicable sales tax rate in that area. You can contact the event organizers or the local tax authority to determine the exact tax percentage that you should charge.

2. Do I need to charge sales tax for my online sales?

Whether or not you need to charge sales tax for your online sales will depend on your business's location and the location of your customers. If your business is located in a state that has a sales tax, you will most likely need to charge sales tax for online sales to customers in that state. However, if your business is located in a state without sales tax, you may not be required to charge sales tax for online sales.

3. What is the difference between sales tax and use tax?

Sales tax is a tax that is imposed on the sale of goods and services, while use tax is a tax that is imposed on the use of goods and services purchased outside of the state where they will be used. If you make purchases for your business from out-of-state vendors, you may be required to pay use tax on those purchases.

4. Are there any exemptions to sales tax for trade shows?

There may be exemptions to sales tax for trade shows, depending on the type of products or services you are selling. For example, some states may have exemptions for food and beverages sold at trade shows. It is best to check with the event organizers or the local tax authority to determine if any exemptions apply to your sales at the trade show.

5. How do I report and pay sales tax for my trade show sales?

You will need to report and pay sales tax for your trade show sales to the applicable tax authority. This can usually be done through an online portal or by filling out and submitting a sales tax return. It is important to keep accurate records of your sales at the trade show, including the total amount of sales and any applicable tax collected. You may also need to provide documentation to support your sales tax calculations if requested by the tax authority.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• reesefamily5
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
reesefamily5
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • J.Corley
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies