• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Am I Showing up on Google Without Listing My Website?

In summary, Google shows up as a law firm partner, swimmer, diver, actress and movie producer on Dee's google search.
DeeisPampered
I googled myself to make sure that I wasn't showing up. I have done this a few time and I have never come up, however, this time I did. How does this happen? I have never listed my website with anyone or anywhere except by senting it out in my personal newsletter to my list. How do I find out where this came from and how to fix it? I don't want to be in any trouble with HO and I don't know what to do?

Thanks for any help you can give!!

God Bless,
Dee:confused:

I have no idea how this works! I come up as well and they're mostly links to chefsuccess. They do all seem to be old posts, so I don't know if that's any correlation. BUT, results do seem to come up that have to do with my website, but I have no idea how. Oh well, there's nothing we can do about those I don't think.:confused:

That is weird. If it is old posts showing up, it might be from the google bot that is spidering (is that what it's called) the site and then adding the stuff to the searches... How did you gals google yourself?

I just went to google.com and entered my name and clicked on search. Links to both my contact me and my recruiting page came up and that REALY bothers me because I don't know how they would have gotten them or where they came from.

Anyone have any ideas?

God Bless,
Dee

I was told if your website gets used enough (a lot of hits to your site) then that's how your site shows up. Seems like a good answer to me.;) My name shows up as well but I do have a lot of hosts use my website.

I would first check out the link that you appeared in and then go to that link, if it's not a PC related site then I would go and ask the site administrator to take your link out.

I googled myself and found out that I am a law firm partner, swimmer, diver, actress and movie producer...gosh, I don't know how I have the time to do PC!!

If you are so popular....get your money girl!! an actress!! you should be a millionaire!!

Yeah, I should be a millionaire...maybe I can claim identity theft? ;) :rolleyes:

What is Google and why is it important?

Google is a search engine that allows users to find information on the internet. It is important because it is the most widely used search engine and having your business appear on Google can increase your online visibility and attract potential customers.

How can I make sure my business appears on Google?

There are a few steps you can take to ensure your business shows up on Google. First, create a Google My Business profile for your business. This will allow you to manage your business information and appear on Google Maps. Next, optimize your website for search engines by including relevant keywords and regularly updating your content. Finally, consider running Google Ads to increase your visibility on the search engine.

How long does it take for my business to show up on Google?

There is no set timeline for when your business will appear on Google. It depends on various factors such as the completeness and accuracy of your business information, the competitiveness of your industry, and how well your website is optimized for search engines. It can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for your business to show up on Google.

Do I have to pay to appear on Google?

No, you do not have to pay to appear on Google. However, there are ways to increase your visibility on the search engine through paid options such as Google Ads. You can also improve your organic ranking through search engine optimization techniques.

Can I control where my business appears on Google?

While you cannot control the exact position of your business on Google, there are steps you can take to improve your ranking. This includes optimizing your website for search engines, regularly updating your business information, and actively managing your online presence through social media and review sites. Additionally, running Google Ads can help your business appear higher on the search engine results page.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sweetpea8852
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sweetpea8852
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tenille V.
  • Roadtripray