• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I end up on Google?

DeeisPampered

Novice Member
Jan 29, 2005
I googled myself to make sure that I wasn't showing up. I have done this a few time and I have never come up, however, this time I did. How does this happen? I have never listed my website with anyone or anywhere except by senting it out in my personal newsletter to my list. How do I find out where this came from and how to fix it? I don't want to be in any trouble with HO and I don't know what to do?

Thanks for any help you can give!!

God Bless,
Dee:confused:

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
I have no idea how this works! I come up as well and they're mostly links to chefsuccess. They do all seem to be old posts, so I don't know if that's any correlation. BUT, results do seem to come up that have to do with my website, but I have no idea how. Oh well, there's nothing we can do about those I don't think.:confused:

CarlyK

Feb 23, 2006
That is weird. If it is old posts showing up, it might be from the google bot that is spidering (is that what it's called) the site and then adding the stuff to the searches... How did you gals google yourself?

DeeisPampered

Novice Member
Jan 29, 2005
I just went to google.com and entered my name and clicked on search. Links to both my contact me and my recruiting page came up and that REALY bothers me because I don't know how they would have gotten them or where they came from.

Anyone have any ideas?

God Bless,
Dee

PampMomof3

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2005
I was told if your website gets used enough (a lot of hits to your site) then that's how your site shows up. Seems like a good answer to me.;) My name shows up as well but I do have a lot of hosts use my website.

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
I would first check out the link that you appeared in and then go to that link, if it's not a PC related site then I would go and ask the site administrator to take your link out.

I googled myself and found out that I am a law firm partner, swimmer, diver, actress and movie producer...gosh, I don't know how I have the time to do PC!!