• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I do this?!

abrahamlaur

Advanced Member
Mar 21, 2006
Hey Everyone!

I was wondering, how do I go about having an open house/grand opening party? What do I do? Just make food and display things? I'm so lost I dont know what to do .. I really need bookings, this is my first month and i really want to get my name out .. any ideas? flyers on how to do it, word documents wiht instructions?!

HHHEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!:confused:

gilliandanielle

Legend Member
Dec 1, 2005
List of 100

Look over your list of 100 that you hopefully made in the welcome booklet. Invite anyone that you can possibly think of and invite them all to bring a friend or two. NEVER ASSUME THAT SOMEONE WOULDN'T BE INTERESTED!!!! That is the biggest mistake that you can make. Have food out with catalogs and order forms. Don't forget to put out the flyers for the upcoming host specials and explain them to encourage people to book shows. Do a quick recipe (pull-apart bread maybe?) and show and explain some products. Pass around any products you can, it really helps with sales I have found. Show guests the benefits of having a show. I hope this helps!

Good luck!

Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
Talk to you director. She can help you plan a grand opening.

bbauman07

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
I would plan a "normal" show, invite your list of 100. Maybe do a mystery host party. (This is were one of the guests gets the free product) Promote that everyone who hosts a show in your first month of business will get a sample of the seasoning, and coffee. (PC offers this for you) Talk about bookings atleast 3-5 times during your show. Pick a simple easy recipe, maybe the cool veggie pizza.

Your recipe for success walks you through a cooking show, you should also have a video that came with your super starter kit. Don't be afraid to call your Director I'm sure she would love to help you plan this.

gilliandanielle

Legend Member
Dec 1, 2005
How is everything going Laurie?? Have you picked a menu or decided what to do at your open house? I am hoping that everything will go well!

Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

Kelley Sells

Feb 2, 2006
Opening Day

I did an open house for my 1st show.....
I invited EVERYONE on my street, everyone from my family, friends, their friends....although I only had 5 attendees ;O(....it was a qualifying show.

I gave out raffle tickets for attendence, being on time, brining an outside order.....

Then did a quick demo, I had stuff already made on a table w/refreshements, my other stuff out for display.....

I gave away the FREE product benefit and the items at 50% to two seperate folks, which they LOVED.....

Although it was small, I have two repeat customers and 3 bookings from it..(people who couldn't attend)...

It was alot of fun......and easy as I know where everything is and I wasn't under pressure in someone elses house.....

Much luck....you could even put an OPEN HOUSE sign out front to let folks know they can drop in if you don't mind anyone coming in......

I made up postcards of my own and specified the giveaways and mailed and hand delivered alot....