1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales How can I make this work...

1. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

I have a host who wants to have her party 12/17. She doesn't have an available date for her show before then, but since it's the 17th, she won't be able to submit a show and get the products by Christmas. Can she submit all the show orders together as an individual order under her name? (If so, she has until the 22nd to get it in.) If she does that she won't get the host rewards though, so it's almost better for her to wait until after Christmas to host (which might not happen b/c she's pretty sure no one will have money after Christmas) or resign herself (and her guests) to the fact that the products won't be in until after Christmas.. I'd hate to leave her without any host benefits after all the work of collecting orders, inviting guests, and showcasing her home.

I guess she could just have a catalog show, collecting orders from everyone she would invite to the show, and then in January, host a kitchen show maybe? See, she wanted to host a housewarming party to show off her new (and decorated) home, so she wouldn't get to show it with just a catalog show. Anyone have any suggestions or solutions? Thanks :)

Dec 6, 2005
  2. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Well...

Amanda,
    I would suggest that if anyone wants stuff before Christmas, they order it now via a QUICKY Catalog show in your hosts name.
    Then on the 17th she could do the regular kitchen show.
    Make sure she tells everyone that they should only order what they NEED before Christmas on the catalog show then order what they can wait for until the 17th.
    Win, Win on that.

Dec 6, 2005
  3. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

You could do a themed party..."Finally, it's all about me!" I did one of these last year after the cutoff date and it turned out great. What I did was make special invitations that included information like: NO CHILDREN- time for moms only...Shop for yourself now that you have shopped for everyone else! Wear your comfy slippers and relax and be pampered.

It was a ton of fun and everyone enjoyed it. We did the hot cocoa bar and a cookie exchange!

Dec 7, 2005
  4. RitaKey

RitaKey Member

Fruitloop:
    What a great idea! I have asked people at my shows throughout Nov and Dec. who was shopping for gifts. Can you believe there was only ONE person in all my shows! Everyone has been shopping for themselves! I don't think that the holidays stop people from shopping for themselves, it encourages them!
    I just found this site tonight doing the google search for the links for the website. What a great hidden treasure! I can't wait to share this will my recruits!
    Rita

Dec 22, 2005
  5. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

Thanks for the ideas everyone. :) My host ended up having a quick catalog show ($160).. she asked around and had those that needed things for Christmas order immediately, and then the rest of them, she passed around catalogs and is talking up her kitchen show she's going to have the first part of January (to show off her new place).. I was happy b/c I got a show out of it, she was happy b/c altogether, she's getting 2 host benefits! So, definately a win-win situation. Now, if only my other host would get her act together and hand over her orders! hehe :p I'm praying for $1500 in outside orders (believe me, she can do it--I gave her 20 catalogs for goodness sake!) to tack on to her party sales.. that way I can hit $2000 this month and get the 1000 points for next year's incentive trip!

Dec 23, 2005
  6. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Amanda, I'm curious how your "20 catalogs" catalog show turned out...and if you got them back! I've never given out more than 6. My jaw dropped when I saw 20!

Dec 27, 2005
Have something to add?