• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Successful Have Cookbook Fundraisers Been?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a cookbook fundraiser that was not officially sanctioned by the company. Some participants had success with the fundraiser, while others struggled to get participants and sales. There was also discussion about the percentage earned by fundraisers and the hope for a higher percentage in the future.
heat123
Silver Member
Just wondering after the big "hype" around here -from HO not allowing them then okying them... how everyone is doing so far?:confused:
No takers for me :( hope you are having luck :D !

I haven't gotten anyone to bite! Schools are saying "we get 50%...blah, blah, blah". Well, if you get people to purchase enough cookbooks per order, you WILL get 50%!!! And they won't get an inferior product - thin wrapping paper, crappy jewelry, waxy chocolate, etc.

I did one with my son's former preschool. Out of 30 students 12 participated and they sold 65 cookbooks @ $15 each. A few mom's ordered from the catalog too. Total show sales were $777.50. After paying me for the books and tax (I split the cookbooks into 3 orders and I covered the shipping) and the funds they got from HO they netted $406.03. Not bad for a little preschool. They were very pleased.

For my niece's and newphews' schools... their FRs are determined a year ahead of time so it would have been impossible to get in on it when we only found out about the special a few months ago.

Great job on your FR Lidna!

i am currently holdong one at my sons preschool. There are 77 kids so we are hoping for a pretty good turnout plus the director and some of the teachers want to order from the catalog. Will let you know in 2 weeks what the result is.

pamperedlinda said:
I did one with my son's former preschool. Out of 30 students 12 participated and they sold 65 cookbooks @ $15 each. A few mom's ordered from the catalog too. Total show sales were $777.50. After paying me for the books and tax (I split the cookbooks into 3 orders and I covered the shipping) and the funds they got from HO they netted $406.03. Not bad for a little preschool. They were very pleased.
That's great Linda!

No luck here.

don't want to jinx anything...I have a benefit going on until Oct. 3rd with an entire school district for a 6th grade boy with terminal cancer. Going to stop by the schools tomorrow to see if anyone has turned in envelopes. Kids (families) are focusing on the cookbooks but I have it open to place orders via my website for full catalog orders.
We will see

dont know how mine is going, my frg leader isnt too into i think so i dont think anyone else will be .. she only sent out an email so i doubt anyone has made sales :(

What is this cookbook fund raiser that you are talking about? I can't find anything on CC. I'm getting ready to do two school fund raisers in November - should i consider including this cookbook FR as a means for my schools to earn more money??

If you search for cookbook fundraiser you will see the info on it but in September the cookbooks were $10 each as guest special so we were given the idea by an upper level director to sell these for $15 so that the organization would receive $5 a peice but it got a bit more confusing.

jcsmilez said:
What is this cookbook fund raiser that you are talking about? I can't find anything on CC.

I'm getting ready to do two school fund raisers in November - should i consider including this cookbook FR as a means for my schools to earn more money??
It's not on CC because its not sanctioned by HO. It's based on the cookbooks being on sale in September.

heat123 said:
Just wondering after the big "hype" around here -from HO not allowing them then okying them... how everyone is doing so far?:confused:
No takers for me :( hope you are having luck :D !

We sold about 6 cookbooks ~ but they are continuing the fundraiser, making it even more clear that the entire catalog is available. Several parents still thought they could only buy cookbooks. The fundraiser is lucky *I* added $100 in outside orders.

cmdtrgd said:
I haven't gotten anyone to bite! Schools are saying "we get 50%...blah, blah, blah". Well, if you get people to purchase enough cookbooks per order, you WILL get 50%!!! And they won't get an inferior product - thin wrapping paper, crappy jewelry, waxy chocolate, etc.

The #1 thing I hope gets announced at leadership is a larger percentage for fundraisers. It is soooo difficult to get them with these percentages. I just got another "we are going with another company that gives us a bigger percentage" response.

pamperedlinda said:

Wow Linda! That was what I had hoped for! lol. So glad it worked for someone! Way to go. :)

1. How are cookbook FRs going to benefit me as a customer?

Cookbook FRs, or Free Recipes, are a great way for customers to try new recipes and discover new products. These recipes are often designed to showcase specific Pampered Chef products, so you can see how they work and how they can enhance your cooking experience.

2. How often are cookbook FRs released?

Cookbook FRs are released on a monthly basis. Each month, new recipes are added to our website and can be accessed for free by both customers and consultants.

3. Can I request a specific type of recipe for a cookbook FR?

Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to take specific requests for cookbook FRs. However, we do take customer feedback into consideration when planning future recipes.

4. Do I need to purchase Pampered Chef products in order to access cookbook FRs?

No, cookbook FRs are available for free to all customers on our website. However, using the recommended Pampered Chef products may enhance your cooking experience and make it easier to recreate the recipes.

5. Are cookbook FRs only available to customers or can consultants access them as well?

Both customers and consultants have access to cookbook FRs on our website. Consultants may also receive additional resources and training on how to use these recipes to showcase Pampered Chef products to their customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gloria&Emily
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Gloria&Emily
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies