• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Am I Going to Be Successful at My First Big Event?

the gym out. I'll think about what to bring and what to do with the door prize. Thanks for the input.
ChefAggi
Silver Member
Okay so I spent the day smoozing and dropping off flyers and such. I got a good vibe from one non-profit children's organization. The guy is going to approach their board of directors at their meeting tonight about a fundraising event. I will chat with him later the week.

The NEXT place I went was Goodlife Fitness. I have procrastinated enough about joining a gym and thought I would check this place out. They have a women's only gym here in the city and they have some great programs. I'll be joining on Friday come payday. The BEST news is, they are having their 27th anniversary on the 20th of this month. They are having an open house and they asked if I would like to set up a booth to display my products. She said this would be really good for me especially where I'm just starting my business. They usually get over 600 women coming through their doors during their anniversary open houses!!!!!! She said I could get some potential bookings! How am I going to DO THIS!!!!! What should I do! Should I bring food? What sorts of door prizes could I offer!!! ARrrrrghhh I need help and fast!!! I want to make this a good chance to get bookings cause I don't have a SINGLE booking right now and this is my first SS month!!!

HEEEELLLPPPPP!!!:eek:

Just a Couple of IdeasMy suggestions are:

1. Have products available to people for hands on. For example, have the food chopper with nuts that the guests can chop.

2. Have a drawing for a door prize. This way you can get the customer's names.

3. Have your products displayed with catalogs and your information available.

You are going to do great! I think food is an optional thing. If there will be that many women, I would do something simple like a dip with chips or crackers. My suggestion only! Hope this helps!
Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

Heather:)

Congratulations, Chef Aggi!

First, don't panic! There is a lot of advice on this issue in the fundraiser threads.

What I would do is buy one decent sized Pampered Chef product to give away. It could be a baking stone, for example. And maybe a copy of our Light and Healthy cookbook.

Have people fill out the door prize slips for a chance at the prize. Another prize should be a free cooking show! (That's one that EVERYONE can win! LOL)

Then, take orders! I would set up a delivery date a couple of weeks after the event.. at the gym, and then give people the option of coming to pick it up on the delivery date or having it shipped to them for extra cost. That way they'll be able to choose.

You might consider using the write in order forms. They are easier to manage and your customers can take a copy with them.

I haven't done a fund raiser yet. I have my first one scheduled in May, but those are the ideas that I have had!

Good luck,
Rachel

Chef Aggi

First - I love the quote in your signature block!

Re your gym event, what about bring the APCS and a couple of bags of granny smith apples for the demo product. It's an easy demo for customer to do and a health snack.

Also, the giveaway and prize drawing slips are a must. If you do not have a product to give, do a $50 gift certificate (your own, not a PC gift certificate). I like gift certificates because I can make them any time I want and then it can only be used through me and most people purchase more than the $50.

Chef Aggi-- Personally, I would not have any food at all. I would just have all of the products you want to highlight (Superstarter kit, any new products you have, the current specials) attractively displayed.

For the drawing a gift certificate is the best idea, but I would do it for $25 dollars (that's more manageable for you). People definitely spend more than $25 in one purchase. But call everyone who completed a drawing slip. Let them know that they did not win the grand prize, but the second prize of a FREE cooking show.

Good luck and don't panic!! Be sure to ask them if they will be supplying the table and if the event is indoors or will the vendors be outdoors. See if your director has a PC banner you can hang from your table or behind your table.

You'll be fine. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

good ideashmm I think I might check with my director to see if she has a banner I can use on my table. The tables are provided and it will be an indoor event.

I think I might make up a couple different dips and have some crackers available. That seems inexpensive I think. I MIGHT cut up some veggies like some cucumber and carrots to show off the crinkle cutter and pour one of the dips in a hollowed out pepper and use the v-shape cutter as a decorative edge. I like the prizes of the grand prize maybe a small bar pan and everyone else who books a show could either win free ingredients or maybe do the book to look envelopes and have them with me. So many ideas!!! I think I might make up my own door prize slips and they can put them in the Classic Batter bowl or maybe my pitcher. I will take a few catalogs with me, not a whole lot cause I don't want to give them out to people who will only throw them away. Only to the serious people. I am getting anxious about this now!

Those of you who have done these types of events, have you had much success with getting bookings from them?:confused:

Cheers

I have never done a table at a gym, but have worked several festivals and fairs and always get enough bookings to make back my expenses and much more. I usually get at least one on the spot booking and then depending on the length of the festival and the volume of peope I would say 5-10 (ten at a 3 day event) additional from the prize drawing slips.

Also, there are some great drawing slips in the Files section.

The reason I wouldn't go with a product drawing is because if someone already has the product that is being given away they may not fill out the drawing slip even if they want more information. Giving away the gift certificate lets them decide what the prize will be.

For catalog browsers...I put one or two catalogs in a binder under sheet protectors. That way my catalogs won't just walk off and I can get some on the spot orders.

Bookings...I average 1-2 on the spot bookings with 5-10 potential depending on the length of the event.

ThanksThanks so much for all your ideas and suggestions! Hmmm the gift certificates also sound like a great idea.

I just got off the phone with my director just a half hour ago. She also suggested I take a few catalogs with me for on the spot sales. I will certainly start a list of things I want to do for this show on the 20th. The event is only for one afternoon and evening. They expect close to 600 women to come through their fitness center that night. I'm hoping for good things.

Does anyone know if there are any gift certificate samples in the file section of this website? Are there any other good files I should take a peek at? I'm going to check out the fundraising section of this website this evening.

Thanks again everyone!! All suggestions and ideas are certainly being looked at!!

Cheers:rolleyes:

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity and I am so excited for you! Do minimal food and the door prize sounds great, you seem to have it all together. Definitely have a catalog in a binder and in plastic sleeves. Less likely to loose catalogs and if they want a catalog get their info so you can send them one.

Just a recommendation...Best of luck, I know you'll do great!

Here's my experience with something similar - last year I went to work out at Curves where I'm a member. Pampered Becky was there with a table and products out for Help Whip Cancer. She was taking orders from anyone who wanted anything and also doing a raffle for a free kitchen show. I placed my order and went on home after working out. I got a call later saying that I had won the free kitchen show and a few little prizes. I talked with Becky and scheduled a show for late July - after my show Becky asked if I'd like to go to a cluster meeting in early August - I said sure. Now I had never had a inkling to do Pampered Chef in the past (been SAHM for 11 years) but I thought it would be fun to meet some new people and eat! So I went and 1 1/2 weeks later, I signed to be a consultant! So needless to say, you never know what may happen at these events. It has been a great experience for me so far and Becky told me to have a table at Curves this year which I'll do in May as well for a fundraiser. I wish you a lot of luck!

Gina Miller
Pampered Chef Consultant
[email protected]

Wow Gina!!! that is fantastic! And now here you are a Pampered Chef Consultant !!!! Kudos for you!!

Cheers:D

Thanks very much! It's nice to have so much encouragement from a great group of people!

Gina

Gina M said:
Thanks very much! It's nice to have so much encouragement from a great group of people!

Gina
I agree! :D Gina is my favorite example of why you need to "just ask" your hosts!!! You never know when the idea will appeal to them and it may get the wheels turning in their head. I LOVE the story of how I met Gina because it was such a cool sequence of events. Maybe when you do your table at Curves, you'll meet your own "Gina.":)

I set up for nurses week at our local small town hospital. I made raspberry struesel squares and chocolate covered potato chips for taste testing. I also had the catalog under sheet protectors. Door prize slips were compeleted and placed in the classic batter bowl (which was the door prize). I laid out lots of products (I had room for my whole ss kit). People asked questions. They would point out, "I have this and this." I have had several shows with the hospital staff and I got a recruit (who works at the hospital & happens to be one of my best friends). My best advice is KEEP IT SIMPLE! Have a recruiting packet or two with you and several cooking show packets with you. If they book on the spot, you could give them a "Help Whip Cancer" pin. That will also help you promote our Help Whip Cancer Campaign.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

Stephany Edelen
[email protected]

Gina
pamperedbecky said:
I agree! :D Gina is my favorite example of why you need to "just ask" your hosts!!! You never know when the idea will appeal to them and it may get the wheels turning in their head. I LOVE the story of how I met Gina because it was such a cool sequence of events. Maybe when you do your table at Curves, you'll meet your own "Gina.":)

I will certainly keep you posted if I meet another Gina!!!

I agree... in the short time I have been on this website I have received an overwhelming amount of information and support!! I am so glad I came across the website! I am feeling more positive about doing this event in a couple weeks time. I cant' WAIT to do it!!! I will certainly keep you all notified of what comes out of it!!!

pchefstef said:
My best advice is KEEP IT SIMPLE! Have a recruiting packet or two with you and several cooking show packets with you. If they book on the spot, you could give them a "Help Whip Cancer" pin. That will also help you promote our Help Whip Cancer Campaign.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

Stephany Edelen
[email protected]

Hi Stephany
I want to keep it as simple as possible where this is my first event of this size. I am hoping to put a small order in for some little door prizes by the weekend. Not just for this event but hopefully for the possible bookings that may come from it!! (hee hee keeping optimistic)!!

1. How do I use the Pampered Chef products?

Our products come with detailed instructions and recipe suggestions to help guide you in using them. You can also visit our website or attend a cooking demonstration to learn more about how to use our products.

2. What if I don't know how to cook?

No problem! Pampered Chef offers a variety of cooking classes and workshops to help beginners learn the basics of cooking. You can also follow our easy-to-follow recipes and use our products to make cooking easier and more enjoyable.

3. Can I return a product if I am not satisfied?

Yes, we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not happy with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

4. Are Pampered Chef products safe to use?

Absolutely! Our products are made from high-quality materials and are rigorously tested to ensure safety. We also provide detailed safety and usage instructions for each product.

5. Is Pampered Chef only for cooking or can I use it for other tasks?

Pampered Chef products are designed for cooking, but many of them can also be used for other tasks such as baking, grilling, and food preparation. Our versatile products make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kellyk
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefJeniLobdell
  • Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies