• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Successful Housewarming Party: Tips for Throwing a Memorable Event

In summary, this woman is trying to talk a friend into having a housewarming party for her new home, but people might think it's tacky if she does it every year. Some people suggest hosting a cooking show in the new home instead.
jenniferlynne
Has anyone ever had a successful PC housewarming party? I offered to throw one for a friend of mine. Thing is, she has hosted two parties for me in the passed, one just a couple of months ago. I'm just wondering if people will think this is tacky. She has been married for several years and has 4 kids. I just wasn't sure if people would think it was weird to have one for someone that has had her own house before. This is her second house. They had to move because the first one was too cramped for all of them. Any suggestions?

I don't think it's tacky to have a housewarming party for someone who has had their own house before. I would personally make the invitations that says something to the extent of we're having a housewarming party to stock up Jane's kitchen....Please do not bring an outside gift, A Pampered Chef consultant will be at the party where you can purchase kitchen gifts for jane....something to that extent would be good...good luck on it.

That sounds great. Thank You!

I am trying to talk a friend into doing a housewarming party for her new home. I was assuming that guests would not buy a gift for the host - the gift would be all the free products that she would get if they just purchased something for themselves. My thought was to make some sort of game: have a product or two in each room of the house and have the guest find it. They'd get an informal tour of the house and be exposed to some products.

Oh, I like that idea too!!

When I hear that someone has just moved or is going to move I explain that it's a great time to have a show. Everyone will want to see the new place and this gives us an excuse to gather.

I do think it's tacky to have the show as a housewarming for someone who has already owned a home. Just have a cooking show in the new home. . . this host will get their benefits just like all our hosts.

It isn't tacky. I have two house warming parties for next month. I think it is a great idea. You get to invite friends over to see your new house and you also get some new things for the kitchen!!

I know when my parents built a home that my mom never had a housewarming party so when they just moved a few months ago, we talked about doing one then. She still didn't have many things so in this case i don't think it's tacky.

I guess it would only be tacky if someone would every year and wanted a housewarming every year....but if it's been an extremely long time since they moved OR if they've never had a housewarming party then i don't think it matters.

They lived in their last house about 6 years or so, and I don't remember anyone having a housewarming party for her then. She loves PC and has hosted two shows for me. She always tries so hard to have a good show. Her first show barely qualified, but her second one was about $400. All her family lives in New York so she just has a few in-laws and people from work to invite. At her last show, I offered to mail catalogs and order froms to her family in New York, but she didn't take me up on it. I don't think they are real close.

Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it.

1. What is a Housewarming Party?

A Housewarming Party is a celebration held by someone who has recently moved into a new home. It is a way to welcome friends and family into the new space and show off the new house.

2. What types of food should I serve at a Housewarming Party?

It's common to have finger foods and appetizers at a Housewarming Party, as they are easy to eat and don't require a lot of preparation. You can also consider having a potluck style party where each guest brings a dish to share.

3. How many guests should I invite to a Housewarming Party?

The number of guests you invite to your Housewarming Party depends on the size of your new home and your personal preference. It's a good idea to keep the guest list small and intimate to allow for easier mingling and conversation.

4. Should I include any games or activities at my Housewarming Party?

It's not necessary to have games or activities at a Housewarming Party, but it can be a fun way to break the ice and get everyone interacting. Consider having a scavenger hunt or a DIY project related to home decor.

5. Are there any traditional Housewarming Party gifts?

Some traditional Housewarming Party gifts include items for the new home, such as kitchen gadgets, decor, or plants. However, guests are not expected to bring a gift and the most important thing is to simply celebrate the new home with good company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brendaziz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
RMDave
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
PamperedPrincess02