• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Housewarming for Child: Throwing a Memorable Going Away Party for Your Son!

In summary, some ideas for a housewarming party for your son could include a backyard barbecue, a game night with friends and family, or a themed party based on your son's interests or favorite things. You can involve your son in the planning process by asking for his input on the guest list, decorations, and food choices. Fun activities for the party could include a photo booth, a DIY project, or a neighborhood scavenger hunt. The food served should cater to your son's preferences and the party's theme, such as a build-your-own taco bar or a variety of appetizers. To make the party more personal for your son, incorporate special photos or mementos and have guests write messages or well wishes for him to
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have a potential host who would like to have a show, but wants all the benefits to go to her son, which is fine. It was mentioned if we could do a housewarming party for him to get him set up. He is attending school or getting a job (I don't remember details) far away and is threatening to take most of her kitchen things;) I don't have a problem with doing this, as long as it isn't tacky..it could be a going away party type of thing. I have checked flyers and such and can't find anything remotely close to what I need..anyone have one or ideas of how to do it?

I would probably just do it like a Bridal Show.. Only not so 'girly'... I don't think I'd do anything special.. Maybe do a recipe that is 'quick & easy' for him..

Hi there! It sounds like a great idea to throw a housewarming/going away party for the host's son. I don't think it's tacky at all, especially if it's done in a tasteful and thoughtful way. As for finding ideas, have you tried searching online for "housewarming party ideas" or "going away party ideas"? There are plenty of resources and inspiration out there. You could also consider reaching out to friends or family who may have thrown similar parties in the past and ask for their suggestions. Good luck with the planning!

What are some ideas for a housewarming party for my son?

Some ideas for a housewarming party for your son could include a backyard barbecue, a game night with friends and family, or a themed party based on your son's interests or favorite things.

How can I involve my son in the planning process?

You can involve your son in the planning process by asking for his input on the guest list, decorations, and food choices. You can also have him help with sending out invitations or setting up the party space.

What are some fun activities for a housewarming party?

Some fun activities for a housewarming party could include a photo booth with props, a DIY project for guests to make and take home, or a scavenger hunt around the new neighborhood.

What types of food should I serve at a housewarming party?

The type of food you serve at a housewarming party will depend on your son's preferences and the theme of the party. Some ideas could be a build-your-own taco bar, a pasta station, or a variety of appetizers and finger foods.

How can I make the party feel more personal for my son?

To make the party feel more personal for your son, you could incorporate special photos or mementos from his childhood or previous homes. You could also have guests write messages or well wishes for him to keep as a keepsake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brendaziz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
RMDave
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
Replies
Views
PamperedPrincess02