• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Dip For My Saturday Party: Tips & Advice

In summary, the author is making a dip and wants to know if they can put it in the Deep Dish Baker for doubling. They also recommend using fresh parmesan instead of the kind that comes in a shaker can. They are also serving the dip with tortilla chips and breadsticks. If you are using pepperoni, the author suggests heating it up in the microwave to reduce the grease.
ChefPaulaB
I am planning on making this for a party that I'm having Saturday evening... I've never made it before, so I'm winging it... I want to double it, can I put it in the Deep Dish Baker for doubling? Any other tips for this dip? I bought some little mini pepperonis that I thought I put on it too... any thoughts on that?

You can use the DDB for doubling - I've made it that way for shows. Pepperoni is good on it, as are mushrooms, peppers, onions, olives. Well, pretty much anything you can put on pizza. :)

chefann said:
You can use the DDB for doubling - I've made it that way for shows. Pepperoni is good on it, as are mushrooms, peppers, onions, olives. Well, pretty much anything you can put on pizza. :)

Yeah - what Ann said.;)

Yes, you can do that. RE: pepperoni -- watch out that you don't let it make the dip "greasy". It rocks.​

It's better with fresh parmesan as opposed to the kind in a shaker can. I had a host buy the kind that was "fresh" and in a jar in the refrigerated section and it tasted tons better than when I made it another day with the shaker can kind.

babywings76 said:
It's better with fresh parmesan as opposed to the kind in a shaker can. I had a host buy the kind that was "fresh" and in a jar in the refrigerated section and it tasted tons better than when I made it another day with the shaker can kind.

I can't believe that you just admitted on this site that you used Canned "Parmesan Cheese Food".....:yuck::yuck:

:p:D:p:D:p:D

I know, I know...holding my head down in shame... ;)

I serve it with tortilla chips instead of bread slices

It's also good with breadsticks - the crunchy kind with sesame seeds all over them. Or celery sticks, even.If you're using pepperoni and want to reduce the grease, heat the pepperoni up in the microwave on a paper towel. Not long, just to warm them up and get the fat liquid. It'll come out into the paper towel - like cooking bacon.

I have 4 cheese Focacia Sticks and Sea Salt Bagel Crisps and the Sesame Seed Breadsticks. Thanks for the tip on the pepperoni. I'm serving this along with a ton of other stuff for An Evening in Tuscany surprise b-day party for my sister this weekend, so I'm all about keeping things simple... that's why I opted not to make the bread for the dip and use the store bought stuff. I want it to be good, but easy and not too much for me to make from scratch. Thanks for all the tips! Love this site!

What are some easy dip recipes for my Saturday party?

Some easy dip recipes for your Saturday party include spinach and artichoke dip, buffalo chicken dip, and Mexican layered dip.

How do I keep my dip from getting watery?

To avoid watery dip, make sure to drain any excess liquid from canned ingredients, such as beans or tomatoes. You can also try adding a thickening agent like sour cream or cream cheese to your dip.

What are some tips for serving a warm dip?

If you are serving a warm dip, make sure to keep it in a slow cooker or fondue pot to maintain the temperature. You can also place the dip in a heat-safe bowl over a larger bowl of hot water to keep it warm.

Can I make my dip ahead of time?

Yes, many dips can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just be sure to reheat any warm dips before serving.

How do I make my dip look more visually appealing?

You can make your dip look more visually appealing by adding colorful toppings, such as chopped herbs, diced tomatoes, or shredded cheese. You can also serve the dip in a decorative bowl or platter and add garnishes like crackers or vegetables for dipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pc_holly
  • Kandi2candy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Kandi2candy
  • ChefJWarren