1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Hot Pizza Dip

1. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I am planning on making this for a party that I'm having Saturday evening... I've never made it before, so I'm winging it... I want to double it, can I put it in the Deep Dish Baker for doubling? Any other tips for this dip? I bought some little mini pepperonis that I thought I put on it too... any thoughts on that?

Apr 16, 2009
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

You can use the DDB for doubling - I've made it that way for shows. Pepperoni is good on it, as are mushrooms, peppers, onions, olives. Well, pretty much anything you can put on pizza. :)

Apr 16, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Yeah - what Ann said.;)

Apr 16, 2009
  4. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

Yes, you can do that. RE: pepperoni -- watch out that you don't let it make the dip "greasy". It rocks. ​

Apr 16, 2009
  5. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

It's better with fresh parmesan as opposed to the kind in a shaker can. I had a host buy the kind that was "fresh" and in a jar in the refrigerated section and it tasted tons better than when I made it another day with the shaker can kind.

Apr 16, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I can't believe that you just admitted on this site that you used Canned "Parmesan Cheese Food".....:yuck::yuck:

:p:D:p:D:p:D

Apr 16, 2009
  7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I know, I know...holding my head down in shame... ;)

Apr 16, 2009
  8. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

I serve it with tortilla chips instead of bread slices

Apr 16, 2009
  9. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

It's also good with breadsticks - the crunchy kind with sesame seeds all over them. Or celery sticks, even.

If you're using pepperoni and want to reduce the grease, heat the pepperoni up in the microwave on a paper towel. Not long, just to warm them up and get the fat liquid. It'll come out into the paper towel - like cooking bacon.

Apr 16, 2009
  10. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I have 4 cheese Focacia Sticks and Sea Salt Bagel Crisps and the Sesame Seed Breadsticks. Thanks for the tip on the pepperoni. I'm serving this along with a ton of other stuff for An Evening in Tuscany surprise b-day party for my sister this weekend, so I'm all about keeping things simple... that's why I opted not to make the bread for the dip and use the store bought stuff. I want it to be good, but easy and not too much for me to make from scratch. Thanks for all the tips! Love this site!

Apr 16, 2009
Have something to add?