• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Using Hot Pad/Trivets in The Bathroom for Flat Irons?

In summary, a hot pad/trivet is a heat-resistant mat used to protect surfaces from damage caused by hot dishes or cookware. It can be used in the oven, but it is important to check the product label first. It should be hand washed with warm soapy water and allowed to air dry. While it can provide some heat protection, it is not designed to be used as a potholder. Hot pads/trivets are available in different sizes to accommodate various types of cookware.
KellyCooks
Gold Member
Yesterday I had a haircut with someone I met at a Women in Business Networking meeting. She gave me a fun use for our Hot Pad/Trivets: use them in the bathroom to protect the counter when using a flat iron (which, she says, are popular these days).

I'm thinking about ordering the set from the Outlet and giving one to her. Maybe it'll drum up some referrals!

Kelly

They are great to go under things so they don't scratch the surface of counters. And in turn, they are soft enough they don't scratch whatever is sitting on top of them.

I use one under my old cutting board to avoid it moving around. That green pad it came with is okay but it's hidden away in a drawer and the hot pad/trivet is right there.

I also use it under the current grooved cutting board when I have it on the stackable cooling rack. The edges just aren't enough to keep it still but the hot pad/trivet does the job perfectly.

Another use for it is to put it on the seat of the baby's chair. It keeps him/her from sliding down.

Take one with when you travel and tie it around your curling iron in the suitcase if you have to pack before it's totally cooled. (I still use my silicone glove for that but since we don't sell it anymore...)

And while your at it be sure you have a micro-fiber towel with you - it helps dry your hair much faster!

What is a hot pad/trivet used for?

A hot pad/trivet is used to protect surfaces from heat damage. It is typically placed between a hot pan or dish and a countertop or table to prevent burns or scorch marks.

Can a hot pad/trivet be used in the oven?

Yes, most hot pads/trivets are made from heat-resistant materials and can be safely used in the oven. However, it is important to check the product label or instructions to ensure it can withstand high temperatures.

How do I clean a hot pad/trivet?

The best way to clean a hot pad/trivet is to hand wash it with warm soapy water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or scrubbing too vigorously, as this can damage the material. Allow it to air dry before using it again.

Can I use a hot pad/trivet as a potholder?

While a hot pad/trivet can provide some protection from heat, it is not designed to be used as a potholder. It is best to use a designated potholder or oven mitt when handling hot dishes or cookware.

Are hot pads/trivets available in different sizes?

Yes, hot pads/trivets come in a variety of sizes to accommodate different types of cookware. It is important to choose the appropriate size for your needs to ensure maximum protection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
  • pamperedbecky
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • pchefkristin