• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Versatile Hot Pad Trivet: Use as Jar Lid Opener!

In summary, the Hot Pad Trivet can be used as a jar lid opener, a trivet/potholder, and a drying surface for crafts. It's also heat safe up to 675 degrees.
proudmama02
My husband thought of another use for the Hot Pad Trivet. It can also be used as a jar lid opener. Some of you may have already thought of this,but if not==give it a try. Could be another selling point for the Trivets.

The Talented Trivet:) Believe it or not, the trivet is my 3-way tie for my top 10 selling items since I began my business. (Tied with the two micro-cookers).

I tell my story..."everyone turn to page 19 in your catalogs. I want to show you another wonderful multi-use tool that Pampered Chef has to offer, the trivets shown at the top of the page. I have to admit that when first I saw them in the catalog, I was NOT impressed. $9.75 for a piece of plastic???? But, at one of my early shows, the Host told me that was her FAVORITE item and orders one at every show she attends. As we discussed the benefits of the trivet, I thought, well...I'll order one and try it. NOW, I'm a believer!!! It is not a trivial piece of plastic, it's a tremendously talented kitchen tool! Let's think about it:
It is durable and heat safe enough that you can use it to easily get your stoneware racks out of the oven.
Use it as a jar opener.
Place it under your Pampered Chef cutting boards to provide a non-slip surface (after you've accidently melted the green non-slip grip that comes with the cutting board (and I make a face indicating I've done so))!
Use it as a trivet / potholder to protect your table's surface.
And think about your cloth potholders at home. You set them on the table...the family sloshes food all over them as they serve their plates...you throw the potholder in the already-overfilled laundry basket...only to discover that the stains remain. With these trivets, food can simply be wiped away, or throw them in the top shelf of your dishwasher and wash them! The day's of a dirty potholder are over.
And lastly, think about how many of these you can neatly stack in your drawer as opposed to the thicker cloth ones that still do not protect your hands from the heat as well as these! They are heat safe, up to 675 degrees! Now that's hotter than Brad Pitt!"

So there's my little story I give at my shows. Sorry so long.

I love the story, We sure can help each other with all these ideas. Thanks for sharing.
;)

I think just the same, I love them because I don't have to worry about spilling anything on them or wondering if I have a potholder clean because it always is, all you have to do is throw it in the sink not wait until it finishes washing and drying. My director also had a great tip you can put an onion or ?head? of garlic in it and rub it around, kinda like if you were drying off an apple or something after you have washed it and it will take the skin off of it, brilliant, lol. :D

This item is in my top ten b/c I tell people that they can buy if for their bathrooms to put their curling irons on so no more burnt counters! I at least sell one at every show! :)

WOW!!! Fantastic idea about the curling irons. I will be telling that at the next show.

Love the curling iron idea! Feriale Yan suggests that the Hot pads are good for drying crystal/glassware, since the water runs out of the glasses into the little rivulets and the glasses don't skid. I've started selling quite a few of these at show!

Mary H.

Great Suggestions!! You guys/girls are the best!

Another Use For TrivetsIf you're into crafts, you can use the hot pads to protect your tabletops when using a glue gun. After you're done, the melted glue which drips off can be easily removed from the hot pad/trivet.

LitaQ :)

1. How do I use the Versatile Hot Pad Trivet as a jar lid opener?

To use the Versatile Hot Pad Trivet as a jar lid opener, simply place the trivet over the jar lid and twist to loosen. The silicone material provides a non-slip grip, making it easier to open stubborn jar lids.

2. Can the Versatile Hot Pad Trivet be used on hot surfaces?

Yes, the Versatile Hot Pad Trivet is heat-resistant up to 428°F, making it safe to use on hot surfaces such as stovetops, countertops, and even in the oven.

3. Is the Versatile Hot Pad Trivet dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Versatile Hot Pad Trivet is dishwasher safe for easy clean-up. Simply place it on the top rack of your dishwasher and run it through a normal cycle.

4. Can I use the Versatile Hot Pad Trivet as a potholder?

Yes, the Versatile Hot Pad Trivet can be used as a potholder to protect your hands from hot dishes and pans. However, it is not recommended for use with direct heat sources such as stovetop burners.

5. Is the Versatile Hot Pad Trivet durable?

Yes, the Versatile Hot Pad Trivet is made of high-quality silicone that is designed to withstand daily use and is built to last. It is also stain and odor-resistant, making it a long-lasting kitchen accessory.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Staci