• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hot & Humid Chi Town Week Ahead: Wed-Sat

In summary, the weather in Chicago for the conference is expected to be hot and humid on Wednesday to Friday, with a possibility of rain on Friday. The temperature is expected to be in the low to mid 80s on Saturday. The conference will mostly be held indoors, so attendees should be prepared for cold air conditioning. However, it might be hotter near the lake. One of the attendees, Mere, is worried about the weather change and its impact on her wardrobe. But her friend Katie suggests that she wear a Bermuda-length pant suit to stay comfortable. Despite the weather, they are all excited for the conference and have a full schedule of events planned.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Well folks! We did it again! Hittin Chi town when it is going to be upper 80's to low 90's and humid - Wednesday to Friday. low to mid 80's Saturday. With the possibilities of rain come Friday. Some may be sever.

So, you're saying it'll be hot and yucky then? :) LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
So, you're saying it'll be hot and yucky then? :) LOL

Which - by Murphy's Law - pretty much guarantees that it will be freezing cold inside McCormick Place!

Ooooh yuck. Yes, it's very hot. Even today here it's already 90 and HOT. :eek: Somewhere else I posted the forecast too and it didn't sound too bad. Now reality is setting in and it's not going to be all that nice, unless you like hot weather. But where I am (an hour west of the city) is typically hotter than IN the city because it's by the lake. I'll just be glad that we're mostly indoors. Just do be prepared for the cold air conditioning.

Just about any where in the mid plains is hot and yucky! Luckily we'll be indoors most of the time!

Let's make a deal to NOT tell Mere about this weather change. She'll end up having to rethink here ENTIRE wardrobe for the trip! Oy vey! I can't take that kind of pressure tonight!!!

katie0128 said:
Let's make a deal to NOT tell Mere about this weather change. She'll end up having to rethink here ENTIRE wardrobe for the trip! Oy vey! I can't take that kind of pressure tonight!!!

If she wears the burmuda length pant suit, she'll be fine. You are only outside (at least during conference time) while waiting for the buses. Unless she's a smoker...:yuck:

katie0128 said:

And as long as it took her to post the pics, the weather will be changed by the time she get them up! HA!! Sorry Merego, no offense meant!:D:eek: I guess she could just go naked.

Talk about a inappropriate!

Well, she would be fine outside but she'll freeze her tatas off in McCormick!
OMG! Why did you have to go there?
Anyway, I was just outside and yuck is right! The office I work at is 2 blocks away from the lake and the breeze is coming in from the southwest. SO IT STINKS HERE TOO!! I so can't wait until I have to wait for the bus, in the sun, in the heat. UGH!
I have to admit though I really lucked out getting in at the Hilton. Turns out, all I HAVE to do is travel from the room to the shuttel busses to McCormick and back. Even our dinner is at the Hilton and so are the MNGs. If I don't want to, I simply don't have to go out!! But I am! I have a special date at the Sheraton on Banquet night before the dinners.

katie0128 said:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Katie!!! you are soooo funny!!!!!
I am packed and am not re-packing so I wont stress anyone out tonight :)

I guess you have all figured out that I am a high maintenance friend?? ha ha :)
Naked conference here I come :) That would make a statment huh?? :)

pampered1224 said:
Talk about a inappropriate!

Well, she would be fine outside but she'll freeze her tatas off in McCormick!
OMG! Why did you have to go there?
Anyway, I was just outside and yuck is right! The office I work at is 2 blocks away from the lake and the breeze is coming in from the southwest. SO IT STINKS HERE TOO!! I so can't wait until I have to wait for the bus, in the sun, in the heat. UGH!
I have to admit though I really lucked out getting in at the Hilton. Turns out, all I HAVE to do is travel from the room to the shuttel busses to McCormick and back. Even our dinner is at the Hilton and so are the MNGs. If I don't want to, I simply don't have to go out!! But I am! I have a special date at the Sheraton on Banquet night before the dinners.

Unfortunatley I don't have nice showy ta ta's more like tator tots :(

Hey guys stop picking on my semi-high maintenance BFF! :)

(there Mere, did that help?)

Kitchen Diva said:
Hey guys stop picking on my semi-high maintenance BFF! :)

(there Mere, did that help?)

aww thanks Kacey :) I know they love me, they just wanted to keep me on my toes to see if I was really reading there posts :)

What is the weather forecast for Chicago this week?

The forecast for Chicago this week is hot and humid, with temperatures ranging from the high 80s to low 90s and high humidity levels. It is important to stay hydrated and take precautions against heat-related illnesses.

What should I wear to stay comfortable in Chicago's hot and humid weather?

It is recommended to wear loose, lightweight clothing made of breathable fabrics such as cotton or linen. It is also important to wear sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from the sun's rays.

Are there any events or activities I should avoid during this hot and humid week in Chicago?

It is best to avoid outdoor activities during the hottest parts of the day, typically between 11am-3pm. It is also important to take breaks in the shade and stay hydrated if you do plan on being outside.

What are some tips for staying cool and comfortable in Chicago's hot and humid weather?

Aside from wearing appropriate clothing and avoiding strenuous activities during the hottest parts of the day, it is also helpful to stay in air-conditioned spaces or use fans to circulate air. Taking cool showers or using ice packs can also provide relief from the heat.

What are some popular local foods or drinks that can help beat the heat in Chicago?

Foods and drinks such as watermelon, ice cream, and iced tea are popular choices for staying cool in the hot and humid weather of Chicago. Other refreshing options include frozen treats like Italian ice or smoothies made with fresh fruits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • DebbieJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JAE