• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spicy Food Lovers: Share Your Favorite Hot Pepper Recipes!

In summary, Sandi says that the 6-can chili recipe has cream of mushroom soup in it, but that it is not weird and that it is a great result. Rachel says that her favorite chili recipe is the one that comes (or used to) with the Smooth Edge Can opener - 6 can chili. She adds extra garlic and chili powder and it is always a hit wherever she takes it. Sandi says that her lasagna recipe calls for cream of mushroom soup and that she has tried it with and without the soup and it is great with or without it.
Dannyp
Are there any chille heads out there and if so, what are your favorite recipies and have you ever had a theme show around hot peppers? My wife and I love hot spicy food and have many many friends that do too. thought we may be able to kick off some new (or not so new) ideas.
thanx in advance!!

Hi Danny,

I am a hot head, but really new at Pampered Chef so I have yet to have a chili theme party. I did, however, make the coconut shrimp cakes and served them with the chinese mustard sauce and the thai curry sauce, both of which are delicious! I threw in some wasabe mayonaise and it was a big success!

Also, the chicken satay spring rolls have a sauce you could spice up! I served it with a szechuan sauce from a bottle that was pretty spicey. (I will warn you that the rice paper wrappers you get at the grocery store are always way too old and brittle. If you are going to make this recipe, it is worth the trip to go to an Asian grocery for the wrappers. My host didn't and the results were icky.)

You could bake chicken wings in a 9 x 13 baker and buffalo sauce 'em.

I have the Simple Additions entertainment set, so I love chosing recipes that allow for several types of sauces, some of which could be HOT. If you don't have that set, you could just get a selection of the small white bowls.

Have fun and let us know how it goes!

Love+
Rachel

I think it's the recipe that comes (or used to) with the Smooth Edge Can opener - 6 can chili. I zipped it up with some habenero and jalapeno peppers and won the chili cook-off at our church!

I use the seasoned cans of tomatoes, add extra garlic and chili powder....you know...just spruce it a up a bit. It's always a hit wherever I take it!

Sandi~

Sandi,
I looked up that 6-can chili recipe, and it has cream of mushroom soup in it??? Does that sound strange to anyone else??

I am thinking of making it for my husband's chili cook off at work, but cream of mushroom soup sounds so weird in chili!! Did you put fresh habeneros and jalapenos in it?? Obviously, not many but how much??

The mushroom soup isn't weird?? :confused:

Yep! Cream of Mushroom soup!! It just smooths it out and makes it slightly creamy....you don't taste it though. Try just adding half a can at first and taste it (that's what I did). But I'm now convinced that it's the secret ingredient to fantastic chili!!

As for the habenero and jalapenos, use the Food Chopper to chop one of each and add just a little bit the chili and let simmer on low 15 minutes before you taste (it takes a few minutes for the "heat" to settle in). Repeat this process until you get it hot - but not too hot- to taste.

Sandi~

Okay, if you have tried it and won chili competitions with it I will take your word for it!! ;)

I have a similar recipe for lasagna that calls for cream of mushroom soup. I did the same thing, tried half a can first. It was great!! The next time I made it I used the whole can and it's a big hit!! Now, it's in my regular repitiore and I don't even think twice about adding the mushroom soup. :cool:

Hopefully, this chili will turn out to be the same great result!! Thanks for your help!!

P.S. if you want the lasagna recipe, pm me!! :p

1. What are some popular spicy pepper options for cooking?

Some popular spicy pepper options for cooking are jalapenos, habaneros, serranos, cayenne peppers, and Thai chilis.

2. How can I make my dish less spicy if I can't handle too much heat?

If you want to make your dish less spicy, you can try removing the seeds and membranes from the peppers, adding dairy or acid (such as yogurt or lime juice), or incorporating sweeter ingredients like honey or brown sugar.

3. Can I substitute one type of hot pepper for another in a recipe?

Yes, you can substitute one type of hot pepper for another in a recipe. Just keep in mind that different peppers have varying levels of heat, so you may need to adjust the amount used accordingly.

4. Are there any health benefits to eating spicy foods?

Yes, there are potential health benefits to eating spicy foods. Spicy peppers contain capsaicin, which has been linked to boosting metabolism and reducing inflammation. They may also have antibacterial and anti-cancer properties.

5. What are some tips for handling and cooking with spicy peppers?

Some tips for handling and cooking with spicy peppers include wearing gloves when handling them, washing your hands thoroughly after touching them, and avoiding touching your face or eyes. It's also important to start with a small amount of peppers in your dish and taste as you go to adjust the level of heat. And always be cautious and use caution when working with hot peppers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Lynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies