• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Hot Broccoli Dip Recipe: What to Use Instead of an Oval Baker?

In summary, an oval baker is a type of baking dish used for casseroles and baked dishes. Different types of cheese can be used in the hot broccoli dip recipe. To make the recipe vegetarian, use vegetable broth and omit bacon, or add in diced bell peppers or mushrooms. The dip can be made ahead of time and reheated, and good dippers include sliced baguette, tortilla chips, crackers, and cut-up vegetables.
SandiLeigh
My host wants me to make the hot broccoli dip. Unfortunately I agreed, however, My small oval baker just broke this week. :(

What would you suggest I use to cook it in. Would it be okay to just use a regular small caserolle dish. The only other stoneware I have it the square baker. Would this work?

Thanks

Is there a consultant or director nearby that you could borrow the small oval baker or mini baker from? Or even a friend/customer/family member or even the host or a friend of the host? If not, I would use the square baker and triple it. I'm not sure of the measurements since I don't have a catalogue nearby but I know I've tripled it easily in the deep dish baker and doubled it in the mini baker. You don't use the full head of broccoli or all the pepper for the single recipe anyway. So a little more sour cream, cheese etc and all the broccoli and pepper. I DEFINITELY wouldn't use a different casserole dish since you are trying to promote PC and the benefits of stoneware.

Just my opinion, hope that helps.

for any help!Hi there! Sorry to hear about your broken baker. As for cooking the hot broccoli dip, a regular small casserole dish should work just fine. The square baker may also work, but just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly since it may be a different size than your oval baker. Happy cooking!

1. What is an oval baker and why would I need to use something else?

An oval baker is a type of baking dish that is typically used for making casseroles or other baked dishes. If you don't have an oval baker, you can use a similar sized baking dish or even a pie plate to make the hot broccoli dip recipe.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese in this recipe?

Yes, feel free to experiment with different types of cheese to find your preferred flavor combination. Some suggestions for substitutes include cheddar, Gouda, or a blend of Italian cheeses.

3. How can I make this recipe vegetarian?

This recipe can easily be made vegetarian by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and omitting the bacon. You can also add in some diced bell peppers or mushrooms for extra flavor and texture.

4. Can I make this dip ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make this dip ahead of time and reheat it in the oven or microwave when you're ready to serve. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you're ready to reheat it.

5. What are some good dippers for this broccoli dip?

Sliced baguette, tortilla chips, crackers, and cut-up vegetables such as celery, carrots, and bell peppers are all great options for dipping into this hot broccoli dip. You can also serve it with pita bread or pretzel rods for a fun twist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcjulie
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedtraci
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies