• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hot Artichoke dip

stephs_chef

Novice Member
Apr 7, 2009
I'm making Hot Artichoke Dip for a show tomorrow. (Not the one with the bread bowl) . .
Can I mix the ingredients up a day before I'm going to cook it?

Thanks,
Steph

chef131doreen

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 15, 2005
Yes that is fine I did that last week. I had a show during the day but was going to a Halloween party that night . So I made it the day before kept it in the frig If you put it the stone don't go stright in to thr oven the stone will be to cold, let it sit out or mix it in the batter bowl the put it into the stone to cook in
Great recipe comes out great every time

Chefgirl2

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2006
Actually, you can put a cold dish in the oven. You just can't go from freezer to oven. So, if I have a frozen lasagna in my 9x13 I need to put it in the frig to completely defrost. Then when I'm ready I pull out the lasagna, preheat the oven, pop it in and cook.

I only know this because I had to call HO about this years ago.

pc_jessica

Advanced Member
Jul 13, 2009
i have a question the recipe calls for the mini baker i think for this, can you make it in something else??

Jinkies

Oct 7, 2008
I've made it in the Simple Additions Square bowls and it came out great!

ChefPaulaB

Veteran Member
May 19, 2008
Actually, you can put a cold dish in the oven. You just can't go from freezer to oven. So, if I have a frozen lasagna in my 9x13 I need to put it in the frig to completely defrost. Then when I'm ready I pull out the lasagna, preheat the oven, pop it in and cook.

I only know this because I had to call HO about this years ago.

REally! I didn't know this! I actually transferred something that I had taken out of the fridge (on a stone) to another stone, because I didn't want to wait for it to come to room temp! I could've just stuck it in there straight from the fridge? That's crazy! But great!

Chefgirl2

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2006
I usually wil take the dish out of fridge, turn on the oven and when pre-heat is ready I pop it in.

stephs_chef

Novice Member
Apr 7, 2009
Thanks everyone . . is worked out great. I doubled the recipe and added a jalepeno and cooked it in the DCB. Yum . . the guests LOVED it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefashleigh
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Beverly M Hernandez
Replies
Views