• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosts Making Too Much Food

In summary, Some hosts seem to focus more on making party snacks and cleaning the house than on selling tickets. Angela advises hosts to tell potential hosts that they are not obligated to make any extra snacks, but if they do, they should bring their own. Shawnna's 30 minute meal theme is to choose either an amazing recipe from her All the Best Cookbook or a lemon chicken stir fry.
I am just getting started with PC. From the few parties that I have had, the hosts seemed to be more concerned with fixing other snacks for the party and cleaning their house, instead of focusing on the attendence. Has anyone else ran into this? What can you do to help? I have told them that i will be making the main recipe for the evening and that I was not asking them to make any other snacks, but they always do... Not that it is a bad thing, if you have all the time in the world, but like I said, they tend to lose focus on sales. What do you all think?

My director told me told me if this happens you should say something like "You all are in for a real treat tonight. So and so has made some extra snacks for you to enjoy in addition to what I will be making for you all". Basically, try to let them know that if they host a show they are not required to fix anything extra. You want to make sure potential hosts don't think they have to do too much work.

I always just tell my host when they book there party that alot of food isn't necessary, just a veggie plate and/or fruits will be fine.

If they feel like making more then that's fine with me cause hey, I get hungry. :D

I tell my hosts that some simple munchies and self-serve beveages are just fine. I always offer the Farmer's Market Seasonings as well. I've only had two take me up on it.

I like to take control of it during my hostess/host coaching...after experiencing a bit of "too" much food occurring, I've started telling my hosts not to worry about the munchies as I've got it covered..and then I bring a loaf of the french bread and the oil dipping set for guests to munch on during the show.
Its worked pretty well so far..but just a thought for ya! I like the idea of mentioning the special treat...I'll have to use that for the lovely hosts that go "above and beyond" even after mentioning the munchies have been covered...LOL...
Cheers,
Angela

I, too, tell them during host coaching, that "extras" are not necessary. The food that I prepare will be enough. (provided they give me an accurate head-count)
I also came across this poem somewhere (probably this board), that I include in all my hostess packets. It helps them see what they should really be focusing on!

Dawn Trudell
Kitchen Consultant
Fort Wayne, IN

Attachments

• Tale of Two Hostesses.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 494
host poemThanks for the poem. I think I will put copies of it in my host packets as well. I had a show at my house once just before I became a consultant and there were 20 people in attendance and they were sitting everywhere. My neighbor volunteered to go back to her house and bring more chairs! That was the best show I'd ever had and so much fun. I do find that some are concerned that their house won't be big enough but it usually is. I didn't know mine could hole 20 people in it. Also they might ask a relative who has a bigger house to hold it there.

Susan
Moore, OK

A quick question..What recipes are you offering your hostess. With the cookware special I have been making recipes in my Family skillet. I tell them specifically not to make too much food because I am doing a "30 minute meal" theme and there will be plenty of food. My show average has been so much higher and my bookings have been great...I feel you want people to think it's easy to host a show. I do hostess coach her and let her know I want her to be able to take advantage of her friends booking shows. I explain that they may think they have to make alot of food too..she normally is GREAT about it.

Hope this makes sense ;)

Patty,

can you tell us more about your "30 minute meal" theme? I want to use my cookware more at my shows. So far I have only made the turtle fudge skillet cake. Any other suggestions you have would be appreciated.
Thanks,
shawnna

30 Minute Meal theme...Hi Shawnna! I didn't realize you were new util I re-read your post..

Here is my 30 minute meal theme..

I will do one of 2 recipes..
The Fabulous Fajita Chicken Pizza in the All the BEst Cookbook..
This is an amazing recipe..(demonstrates cookware AND stoneware) I preprep alot of the veggies and precook the chicken in the skillet to save time. I purchased an individual Burner at Walmart for $8.97 or something silly like that.. the second recipe they choose from is the Lemon chicken Stir Fry, which was one of our old Celebrations theme show..You may be able to get the recipe off the PC Website)
The dessert I do while the the veggies are cooking is what I call a "Decadent Chocolate Lava cake" in the Rice cooker...
take 1 box of Cakemix and prepare it as per the box pour into the Rice cooker...DO NOT SPRAY COOKER..add 5 medium stainless steel scoops of chocolate frosting into the raw batter..1 scoop in the middle 4 around it. Snap the rice cooker on ONE SIDE and pop in Microwave for 10 minutes on high! turn it over onto the Celebrate plate or the Medium Simple Additions Square. The frosting acts like the "Lava" on your cake..Sprinkle the cake with your flour sugar shaker with Powdered Sugar..

My results are this.. over $1500 in cookware+++PAN-o-RAMA.WOO-HOO (One of my hostesses this month purchased BOTH 5 and 7 piece Executive Grade) plus multiple bookings to get the Skillet at 60% off..and 26 Rice cookers since January 15th..LOL..amazing how the demonstration is done in less than 30 minutes! ($7150 in sales in January..and to think I rarely ever brought and demonstrated cookware to my shows in 8 years..boy was I missing out..)

Try the Rice cooker cake at home, IT'S AMAZING..good luck and if you need more specifics you can contact me directly..

thank you for the 30 minute ideas! i am new also and this is going to be great ! i just ordered the rice cooker and the skillet!!!

Heather

pmp414 said:
Hi Shawnna! I didn't realize you were new util I re-read your post..

Here is my 30 minute meal theme..

I will do one of 2 recipes..
The Fabulous Fajita Chicken Pizza in the All the BEst Cookbook..
This is an amazing recipe..(demonstrates cookware AND stoneware) I preprep alot of the veggies and precook the chicken in the skillet to save time. I purchased an individual Burner at Walmart for $8.97 or something silly like that.. the second recipe they choose from is the Lemon chicken Stir Fry, which was one of our old Celebrations theme show..You may be able to get the recipe off the PC Website)

Do you make the rice to go with the Lemon Chicken? If so, do you have 2 rice cookers, or do you make the rice ahead of time? Just wondering, since I always did rice with the stir fry recipes.

Lemon Chicken Stir-fryThe Lemon Chicken Stir-fry does not require rice. I have posted the recipe in the recipes section of this forum. The lemon chicken uses bowtie pasta. Rice would be duplicate starch.

Thanks!I think that I was thinking it was one of It's Hot It's Cold Stir Fry recipes.

Thank Rita,

Rice with the Stir Fry...Just to add 2 more cents..I don't use rice. As posted I make the bow ties.. I actually bring my 4 qt. sauce pot and cook the bow ties as soon as I get there. It's a great demo for 2 pieces of cookware.

My rice cooker cake is my TADAH while the veggies are cooking. You could use the fluted pan to make the same cake, but I find more people purchase the Rice cooker and at 19.50 the Rice Cookers are piling up..Talk about an awesome add-on..I have gottena ton of e-mails telling me they made the cake and it was DELICIOUS.. :)

469488 said:
I am just getting started with PC. From the few parties that I have had, the hosts seemed to be more concerned with fixing other snacks for the party and cleaning their house, instead of focusing on the attendence. Has anyone else ran into this? What can you do to help? I have told them that i will be making the main recipe for the evening and that I was not asking them to make any other snacks, but they always do... Not that it is a bad thing, if you have all the time in the world, but like I said, they tend to lose focus on sales. What do you all think?

Something my director told me once and I always try to keep in mind is that not everybody will be as excited about sales and bookings as me. Pampered Chef is my job and so that is what I focus on. Sometimes our hosts look at their show as a way to get together with friends and families and we are there as something extra. Our hosts won't always care if they get high sales or not (I actually had a host tell me this). This makes things frustrating for us, but the way I see it, even a small show is better than no show at all.

1. How do I determine the appropriate amount of food to make for my Pampered Chef party guests?

It is recommended to plan for about 1.5 servings of each recipe per guest. For example, if you have 10 guests, plan for around 15 servings of each dish. Keep in mind any dietary restrictions or food allergies when choosing your recipes.

2. What if I end up making too much food for my party?

If you have leftovers, you can send them home with your guests in Pampered Chef containers or use them for your own meals later on. You can also save excess ingredients for future recipes or donate them to a local food bank.

3. What should I do if I don't have enough food for all of my guests?

If you have a smaller turnout than expected, you can always make additional servings of your recipes or serve some simple snacks like crackers and cheese to supplement. You can also use this as an opportunity to showcase some of your Pampered Chef products, such as a fruit and cheese tray or a dip served in a stoneware bowl.

4. Is it better to have too much food or too little food at my party?

It is always better to have slightly too much food rather than not enough. You want to ensure your guests feel well-fed and satisfied. Plus, leftovers can be a great way to showcase the versatility of Pampered Chef products and potentially lead to more sales.

5. How can I prevent wasting food at my Pampered Chef party?

To prevent wasting food, try to accurately estimate the number of guests attending and plan accordingly. You can also provide guests with to-go containers to take home any leftovers. Additionally, you can repurpose excess ingredients for future meals or use them to create new recipes using Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GracedLiving
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • leftymac