• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Bookings with a Hosting Own Cooking Show: Tips and Tricks

In summary, the author is looking for more bookings and would like to secure a meeting room where she can hold a cooking show. However, she is worried about inviting people she doesn't know to her home and finds it difficult to follow up with those who RSVP. She suggests hosting a show in a local church, school, or gymnasium and passing out fliers in the area. Another suggestion is to pass out tickets and raffle off an incentive.
LakesideMom
I need more bookings!!!!:eek:

I would like to host a cooking show and just canvas several neighborhoods in my area and put up flyers at the grocery store, post office, etc. However, maybe I'm just a little weird, but the thought of inviting a bunch of people I don't know to my home doesn't sit well with me.:eek: I would like to secure a meeting room where I can have a show like this.

Have any of you done this? Where did you secure a room? I'm hoping I can do a show like this and get some bookings from the show. A lot of people in my area have never attended a cooking show so I would like to show them how fun it is and get them hooked on the host specials.

TIA!

try local churches where you see groups meeting a lot; also, schools are good too.. gymnasium or cafeteria. fire hall, recreation hall, local lodges (elks lodge, etc).. maybe even the local library (do something everyone, including kids, can enjoy and they can have cooking books out for everyone to sign out.)

Amanda has some great ideas for locations and unfortunately what I have found personally and have had backed up by other consultants is that people you don't know usually don't tend to go to a show no matter where it is. I find it best to invite people I know and can follow up with. We are living in a society where people no longer feel the need to RSVP and if you can't follow up then they definately won't come. When I first moved my business I had an open house at my home for my new neighbors, I went door to door and introduced myself and invited them personally and I had a pretty good turn out. I guess I am trying to keep you from being disappointed if it doesn't turn out like would hope...I usually am the eternal optomist!

My experience...I moved into a new neighborhood last year and I held an open house in my home last fall. I live on a street with 30 single family homes. I put flyers on the doors/garage doors of each home. 4 people RSVP'ed and showed up and I got a little over $200 in orders from them. I didn't get any bookings, but I did meet 3 new people!

The flyer I used is nothing spectacular really...but I'll attach it anyway for those of you who are curious.

Attachments

• pc open house flyer nov 05.doc
    58 KB · Views: 710
Last edited:
OopsOOPS, I attached the wrong flyer! Sorry! I just edited it, so now it's the correct one...

RSVPing pet peeveI'm having an mystery hostess open house tomorrow at my house. I've only had about 7 or 8 people say they are coming by for sure, and just so many that haven't responded at all. It really ticks me off the way people don't RSVP anymore. This is true for me for my children's birthday parties as well. One lady didn't RSVP for my son's b-day, brought her son anyway AND brought her younger son along without checking with me first (of course my biggest issue with that was he felt terrible when he didn't get a goodie bag). Sorry, I just went off on a tangent. :)

Amanda

Kudos on the flyer!
cat said:
I moved into a new neighborhood last year and I held an open house in my home last fall. I live on a street with 30 single family homes. I put flyers on the doors/garage doors of each home. 4 people RSVP'ed and showed up and I got a little over $200 in orders from them. I didn't get any bookings, but I did meet 3 new people!

The flyer I used is nothing spectacular really...but I'll attach it anyway for those of you who are curious.

I love the flyer!!!

R.s.v.p.One way to get people to RSVP if to offer an incentive. Try passing out tickets and raffling something off. (It could be something a simple as a SB or free shipping.) I place on the flyer/invite that they receive x number of tickets for rsvping toward a raffle. Good luck,

had my showWell I had my show today and had 8 people show up, two people order online, and I have a couple of more people who are going to place orders. Most people stayed under $50 so I am thinking it will end up being between $400 and $500. I do much better when I give an actual cooking show for sure. Still it was fun because it was mostly my friends, and my neighbor is going to book a Bunko show (I'll give an "express" show between rounds).

gabriwill said:
I'm having an mystery hostess open house tomorrow at my house. I've only had about 7 or 8 people say they are coming by for sure, and just so many that haven't responded at all. It really ticks me off the way people don't RSVP anymore. This is true for me for my children's birthday parties as well. One lady didn't RSVP for my son's b-day, brought her son anyway AND brought her younger son along without checking with me first (of course my biggest issue with that was he felt terrible when he didn't get a goodie bag). Sorry, I just went off on a tangent. :)

Amanda
I have issues with people that do not RSVP also... not to much you can do though. What I've started doing and other parents of children in my sons first grade class do now is put a phone number and "REGRETS ONLY". We seem to be gettin more of a response to our invitations this way! Try it!

I'm working on one of these right now. My director suggested that instead of just passing out flyers to actually go up and knock on people doors and introduce yourself "Hi my name is Brooke Bauman I'm a PC consultant and I live in your area. I will be holding an open house on XXXX at XXXXX. Would you like a flyer with some more information?"

Hosting Your Own ShowI am actually hosting one on June 17th. I made it be a customer appreciation day. Mailed out 75 invites and 30 in neighborhood. Hoping to get a good turnout. I will post my results. Here is a copy of my flyer.

Attachments

• Customer Appreciation Day.pdf
    204.6 KB · Views: 375
Hosting Own Cooking Show - Disaster! Help!I just started my business (SSI) and thought it would be a great idea to host my own show for the Moms at my son's preschool. Two weeks ago I made up really nice invitations and put them in all the kids' cubbies (27 total).

Well, the show is on Sunday (6/11), and I've had only seven RSVP calls. Only one was a yes, the other six were No's. I dont have phone numbers for any of the parents, and I just don't know what to do!

Should I set up for the show and hope that people come, or just call my one Yes and cancel altogether? What if I cancel with my Yes and people show up at my door? I gave all six no's a catalog, so there might be a chance for outside orders. I just don't know if I'll even make it to $150 to be considered a show!

UGGG!
Rebecca

From what I hear, most people don't RSVP. I think you still have a chance for a show. Can you put a reminder in the cubbies tomorrow? The moms probably do need a reminder. That's what I would do for what it's worth. :eek: I wish you the best!

1. How do I become a host for a Pampered Chef cooking show?

To become a host for a Pampered Chef cooking show, simply reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant and express your interest in hosting. They will guide you through the process and help you schedule a date for your show.

2. Do I need to have cooking experience to host a show?

No, you do not need any cooking experience to host a Pampered Chef cooking show. Our consultants will provide all the necessary guidance and support to help you have a successful show.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef cooking show?

As a host, you will have the opportunity to earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host-only specials. You will also have the chance to learn new recipes and cooking techniques from our consultants.

4. How many guests do I need to invite to my cooking show?

We recommend inviting at least 10 guests to your cooking show, but there is no minimum or maximum number of guests required. Our consultants can work with you to determine the best number of guests based on your space and preferences.

5. Can I host a cooking show online or does it have to be in person?

You can host a Pampered Chef cooking show either in person or online. Our consultants are equipped to host virtual shows through video conferencing platforms, making it convenient for you and your guests to attend from the comfort of your own homes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • taraspampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
stephaniem4him
  • CAPCnewbie