• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Activate Your Tuesdays: Join Us for a Dessert Show!

In summary, your show will be good, and you will likely make more money if you do a show with another host.
monica_sweetconsultant
Silver Member
Ok to try and get active again I am hosting my own show on april 18th. Thats a tuesday and any shows I have ever done on a tuesday before have been good. I am inviting around 20 people. These people are a combination of my best hosts/guests and people that havent been to a show yet. I was also thinking about doing a show with another host from a different company. If I did this do you think this would help get people there or scare them away? anyways I am thinking of doing a dessert show....profiterole puffs and the strawberry amaretto pastries. I am going to do the puffs in advance and see if I can get volunteers to fill them. I've got a few games that we can play and a bunch of door prizes to choose from. Is there anything else I can do to help boost sales. I only need $200. if it gets over that fine but my goal is to just reactivate right now and go from there. oh yeah I will more than likely make it a mystery host show too. TIA!!

the mystery host show is a great idea. You do all the work and they get all the benefits. I have never done a show with another company. A lot of people like to do that. However, you will have to consider that your guests will only have a certain amount they can spend. Sharing the show means sharing the guest's money. But, the other consultant will be inviting guests of her own, so your customer base could grow from those people. So, look at both sides and see which one feels better for you.

The profiterole puffs are wonderful for letting your guests play with their food. I passed around the easy accent decorator letting each guest fill their own puff...they had a blast. Of course, my show was done around my dining room table so it wasn't too messy. Otherwise I would have had them come up and do it.

I hope your show goes really well and I think it's great that you are getting back into the swing of things. :D

Another HWC Idea with Profiterole PuffsI did a mystery Host/Open House this past weekend and made some of the puffs ahead, but then I also made a batch of dough in front of everyone, had them come up and around my burner and watch the even heat of my pan and show how easy they are to make and talked about how you can fill then with salads (Chicken/ tuna/ ham/ etc.) also if needed for a buffet.

I then had guests fill them, but I grabbed a container of the Strawberry Cool Whip by mistake and that's what I had at church to use, so I used it, and EVERYONE loved them, they like them better than "plain" so I'm going to offer these during May for my shows.

HTH,

Lisa

Monica,
I think your idea is wonderful, I do agree with Shawnna though about the other company. Just promote the Mystery Host side of it they will all want to come anyways.

I havent set anything in stone with the other consultant so I probably wont get her to come. in another post someone said the guests will only have a set amount to spend and that is so true....i didnt think of it that way so whoever said that thanks for the reminder. I am actually nervous about this. I havent done a show since Jan!! But I am excited to do it and cant wait for the 18th to come!!

Monica,

What is the ideal size guest list you'd like your Hosts to have? You may want to add 20 more names to your invite list. . .that means you might have 10-15 in attendance.

Be sure to Host coach yourself. Send invites, make reminder calls etc.

GOOD LUCK!

I thought about that too but in all honesty most of my past hosts live an hour or more away from me and i just dont think they would come on a weeknight. the people who I have invited are my top past guests/hostess that live close by. if i can think of anyone else I will definately add them. my DH is asking people at work if they wanna come too so maybe I will get a good turnout!!

One of my new motto's for my hosts and myself with recruiting is...

"It's better to invite than to leave them out"

You don't know who just needs to get out of the house on that Tuesday, what will it hurt to invite everyone? Plus, if you did a mystery host then they just might place at least an outside order for a chance to win!

Good luck with your show...

I just did my open house a week ago and it was a pretty good success. I sent out about 40 invitations and handed out another 20 or so. I included outside orders in the mystery host raffle and my neighbor, who was unable to come to the show, won!

It was only a $400 show, but it was really successful because I sold a set of cookware to the 'host' and got 4 bookings out of it!

So I would agree that you should invite EVERYONE even if they only end up placing an outside order!

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!

Rachel

oh my gosh I totally forgot that I had my website!! Isnt that awful? I could send out invites and let them know that they can order off there too!! see how out of practice I am?? Boy I feel like I will be blubbering fool right now!! Been with PC almost a year (may 8th) and feel like my first show again!! ok getting my bearings now and re-doing the list..thanks for the reminder!

Lisa/ChefBear said:
I did a mystery Host/Open House this past weekend and made some of the puffs ahead, but then I also made a batch of dough in front of everyone, had them come up and around my burner and watch the even heat of my pan and show how easy they are to make and talked about how you can fill then with salads (Chicken/ tuna/ ham/ etc.) also if needed for a buffet.

I then had guests fill them, but I grabbed a container of the Strawberry Cool Whip by mistake and that's what I had at church to use, so I used it, and EVERYONE loved them, they like them better than "plain" so I'm going to offer these during May for my shows.

HTH,

Lisa

Great mistake!! The pink for HWC!! very cool!

1. What is "Activate Your Tuesdays: Join Us for a Dessert Show!"?

"Activate Your Tuesdays: Join Us for a Dessert Show!" is a virtual event hosted by Pampered Chef every Tuesday evening. It is a fun and interactive way to learn about our latest dessert products and recipes while enjoying delicious treats.

2. How do I join the Dessert Show?

To join the Dessert Show, simply click on the invitation link or go to our website to register for the event. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to join the virtual event.

3. Is there a cost to attend the Dessert Show?

No, the Dessert Show is completely free to attend. However, if you wish to purchase any products featured during the event, you can do so through the provided link.

4. Can I invite my friends or family to join the Dessert Show with me?

Yes, we encourage you to invite your friends and family to join the Dessert Show with you. Simply share the registration link with them and they can join in on the fun!

5. What can I expect from the Dessert Show?

The Dessert Show is a fun and interactive experience where you will learn about our latest dessert products and recipes. You will also have the opportunity to interact with our Pampered Chef consultants and ask any questions you may have. And of course, you will get to enjoy some delicious treats!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefetteDuJour
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • chelynn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jamieannemiller
  • ms_twana