• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting My Own Show: Tips and Ideas for a Successful Catalog Kick-off Event

In summary, the author is going to host their own show to kick off the new catalog and they need some ideas. They are open to suggestions on what to do for the show, but are also willing to host it like a regular show if that is what is more comfortable for those attending.
jennywardpc
I'm going to host my own show to kick off the new catalog. I need some ideas on how and what do for my show.

Should it be a come and go?
What should my invites say?

When I did my grand opening show, it was an open house format, and I advertised it like that, so people could come, sample food, have a drink, see products, but not have to commit to a demo, etc...look for Open House flyers here and modify for your needs!

I did my launch as an actual show with start time and demo. Went great. I later did an open house with just a window of time and samples (no demo). Horrible attendance and sales. So I would vote for a set start time verse an open house.

Personally, I would do it like a regular show. Maybe advertise that you'll start the demo(s) at a certain time. But when I've done open-house style, I've had no one show up. And personally, if I were invited to an open-house, I'm more hesitant to go-because I don't want to end up being the ONLY person there at that time. If it is a set schedule/show, then I figure there will be a few others there too, less awkward, if you know what I mean?

esavvymom said:
Personally, I would do it like a regular show. Maybe advertise that you'll start the demo(s) at a certain time. But when I've done open-house style, I've had no one show up. And personally, if I were invited to an open-house, I'm more hesitant to go-because I don't want to end up being the ONLY person there at that time. If it is a set schedule/show, then I figure there will be a few others there too, less awkward, if you know what I mean?

Exactly. PLUS - if everyone is there at the same time, it's much easier to talk to everyone about booking and signing.

I have a question??? What is the benefit of a consultant hosting a show??? There is no booking benefit for us right??? Is it not better to have others host a show??? What about maybe your daughter or your mom or someone else other than the consultant?

You can absolutely use the host benefits!

But if one of my customers purchases something and she books a show I cannot and should not buy from her party as a past host.

higoobs said:
I have a question??? What is the benefit of a consultant hosting a show??? There is no booking benefit for us right??? Is it not better to have others host a show??? What about maybe your daughter or your mom or someone else other than the consultant?

You get all the host benefits except for the past host bonus (you can't get the host special from shows booked from yours) and the you don't get commission on any discounted products you purchase using your host discount. Usually, if I'm going to take the host benefits from a show I do, I will use my free, half-off and 60% off items and stop there. BUT doing that a couple times a year is how I stock up on spices and sauces!

Getting others to host is show is definitely ideal, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with a consultant hosting their own show. It's one nice thing about being a consultant--you get host rewards PLUS the commission. You just don't get the booking benefit and you don't earn commission on anything you buy on your host order.

I do my own catalog show every month. I don't usually get any bookings that way, but I do have a show to submit that way if my calendars not filling up.

I am hosting my own show this month (taking my chances again, because in the past it hasn't going well). I'm doing it as an open house, but with a start and end time. I'm inviting friends, past hosts, guests and my neighboors. I don't know any of my neighbors so I updeted one of the flyers from this site to let them know I am in their neighborhood and to invite them to my show.

I think the flyer looks too busy, but I don't know what to take out or add to make it look interesting ;)

If you want to use it great! Or if you want to critique it, please do so. Maybe all of us will become with something better. :D

Attachments

• Doc 0212.doc
    251.5 KB · Views: 499
ilovpc said:
If you want to use it great! Or if you want to critique it, please do so. Maybe all of us will become with something better. :D
It is a little wordy...i don't know if i would read it to be honest...ppl look for eye catching stuff..I don't know how to put all the info into something catchy tho...i hosted an online catalog show for all my apartment neighbors, and spent about 120.00 on printing and postage and got NO results...but here is the flyer i made up if this gives you inspiration

Attachments

• SADDLEBROOK APTS LETTER.pdf
    378.5 KB · Views: 497
I hosted my own show and put in all the guest orders which equaled about $750, but it is not giving me the option for free products. What's going on? I really want the new covered roaster.

angelap1121 said:
I hosted my own show and put in all the guest orders which equaled about $750, but it is not giving me the option for free products. What's going on? I really want the new covered roaster.

Are you on the old system (using P3) or the new web system?

I just did my own show on Saturday and had about $400 in orders. I'm brand new to the neighborhood (it's a new development, so most of us here are), so I wasn't sure what to expect. I just went door to door telling everyone that I was new to the area and that I was having a PC party to get to know some of the neighbors.

What are the benefits of hosting my own Pampered Chef show?

Hosting your own Pampered Chef show comes with many benefits. For one, you get to earn free products and discounts based on the total sales of your show. You also have the opportunity to try out new products and recipes, and learn new cooking techniques from our consultants. Additionally, hosting a show is a great way to socialize and have fun with your friends and family.

How do I go about hosting my own show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show is easy and fun! Simply reach out to one of our consultants and they will guide you through the process. You can choose to host the show in-person or online, and the consultant will provide you with all the necessary tools and resources to make your show a success.

What kind of rewards can I earn by hosting a show?

As a host, you can earn free products, discounts, and exclusive host specials based on the total sales of your show. You can also earn additional rewards by booking future shows or becoming a consultant yourself. Our consultants will work with you to ensure that you receive the best rewards possible.

Do I need to have any cooking knowledge or experience to host a show?

No, you do not need to be an expert cook to host a Pampered Chef show. Our consultants will provide all the necessary guidance and support, and our products come with easy-to-follow recipes and instructions. Hosting a show is a great way to learn new cooking techniques and experiment with our products.

Is there a minimum number of guests required to host a show?

No, there is no minimum number of guests required to host a show. Whether you have a small gathering with a few friends or a larger party, our consultants will work with you to make your show a success. Remember, the more guests you invite, the more rewards you can earn!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whoismelissa
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • slhalepc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • pampchef.angel