• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting My First Pampered Chef Show: Navigating Unresolved Issues

In summary, the conversation discusses a step mom's friend, the difficulties in getting them to RSVP for a party, and how to go about contacting them if they haven't RSVPed. The host suggests getting everyone excited about coming by announcing a game or telling them how many food items they will need to prepare. The host also suggests contacting old guests and hosts and asking for their help.
Elaine
Any suggestions?
I just started PC and I'm hosting my first show in 2 days. I just moved to the area and I don't know anyone, so I invited the parents in my son's class and 4 other people I just met.That's about 25 people. I don't know if I should even make anything or just talk about PC and serve something to drink. :confused: I made it clear on the invitation to call if you could not attend. So far I have not heard anything.

My stepmom also has a friend who is widely known throughout her community and I would like to ask her to host, but they have some unresolved issues. I know I could get a few bookings from my stepmoms friend, but my stepmom is not really open to giving me her number and I don't want to go behind her back. I feel like what happened with them has nothing to do with me.Am I wrong in thinking this?

You need to call the people to remind them and ask if they are coming. I sent 60 invites to my June show, and only 10 showed up. Two cancelled the day of the show; one went home ill from the party before it really started.

People do NOT bother to RSVP anymore. I called and emailed everyone of them at least twice after the written invitation. Many said they would order something so I ran all over town delivering catalogs. Not one of these people-most were family and good friends-had to the courtesy to say "No"!

My Consultant made a donation to the local HS, but not one of my colleagues ordered any products. Go figure, I do not mind if someone says they cannot come, but please be honest so I don't waste time trying to get an order from someone who has no intention of buying anything.

I ened up with over a $900 SHOW with 3 bookings despite all the no shows. I received almost $300 worth of products, too.

I AGREE!! I don't know what it is about people these days and not RSVP'ing!! My mother ALWAYS made me and my brothers write thank you's before we could play with or use the gift given to us by anyone then we sent it immediately and to RSVP even if you have to decline the invitation because "that is rude"!! Anyway so I think I am so used to writing thank you's and RSVP'ing by now that it is almost second nature...which isn't bad I guess :rolleyes: ! Planning a party or even a small get together can be a tough guessing game! It's good to know about how many to expect so you are prepared as a host. Anyone who has planned any kind of party should now this!! So definitely use the phone or encourage your host to use the phone and get guests excited about coming. You can say thay you need to know how much food to have prepared, or announce a game you are playing. If they decline don't be pushy, but be graceful and say that that your sorry they can' make it and they are more than welcome to place an outside order and if they had any questions abuot anything you'd be more than happy to help.

I'm sorry - I hit submit before I tried to answer your other question! :p

The situation between your step mom and her friend sounds like a sticky one. If it were me, I would give it alittle more time and ask your step mom again. It seems like there may be a grey area because the unresloved issues have nothing to do with you, but at the same time it is your step mom. That's a toughy! Maybe if you saw this woman in public somewhere and got to talking you could mention your new PC business and see what happens from that?? That way you didn't intentionally go behind your step mom's back to find out this woman's phone number, etc. Maybe try talking to your step mom about this and let her know that you understand how she may feel about her friend, but you are trying to start your PC business and need all the business and hosts you can get. Be open and honest and remind her that you don't know anyone in the town. Let us know what comes about and good luck! :D Try to stay positive! There are alot of different ways to get your name out there.

While you are getting your business up and going, you can still contact your old guests and hosts and get catalog shows going there.

Did anyone take the class at conference on moving your business? If you did, maybe posting the notes here might help.

Thank you for the great advice. I will let you know what happens. :)

What are the benefits of hosting my first Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show is a great way to earn free products and discounts, while also having a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends and family. You will also have the opportunity to learn new cooking techniques and recipes from a Pampered Chef consultant.

How do I navigate unresolved issues during my show?

If any issues arise during your show, such as a guest not receiving their order or a product being out of stock, your Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to find a resolution. They will also be available to answer any questions and address any concerns your guests may have.

What should I do to prepare for my first Pampered Chef show?

Before your show, it is important to invite your guests, decide on a menu, and make sure you have all the necessary supplies and ingredients. Your Pampered Chef consultant will also provide you with tips and resources to help make your show a success.

What can I expect during my first Pampered Chef show?

Your Pampered Chef consultant will arrive early to set up and will guide you through the show, demonstrating how to use the products and answering any questions. You and your guests will have the opportunity to try out the products and sample delicious food.

What happens after my first Pampered Chef show?

After your show, your consultant will help you and your guests place orders and will handle the delivery of products. As a host, you will also receive rewards based on the sales from your show. You can also choose to schedule another show to continue earning rewards and hosting a fun and interactive cooking experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PC_ChefCole
Replies
Views
lovecookn
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Laura4