• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Wine Show: My Experience & Thoughts on This Fun and Tasty Party Idea

In summary, the conversation revolved around a repeat customer who had attended a cooking show a few months back. The customer, who has now become an Independent Consultant for a Wine Company, reached out to the host to see if they would be interested in hosting a show. The host expressed interest but was unsure about the cost and benefits of hosting the show, as well as the potential for referrals. They also discussed the possibility of doing a joint party together. The conversation ended with the host expressing their concerns and seeking more information from the consultant.
lisasfuncooking
I had done a cooking show a few months back for a repeat customer. I had met one of her guests that have never been to one of my parties. She was very nice, friendly and had a great personality. I had added her to my monthly newsletter. A few weeks back, she had replied to my newsletter, letting me know that she is now an Independent Consultant of a Wine Company that does home shows and asking if I would be interested in hosting a show.
A few things went through my mind, 1- I love wine:) 2- I really liked her
3- It would be good to have a relationship to recommend each other, or maybe do a display together. Food + Wine = Greatness! ;)
So I emailed her Congratulating her on her new venture. I told her I would have a party but (having hate to say) I will check my schedule. Knowing June is SAT, I don't want to lose a booking myself. I also asked her about the "small fee" that she talked about to pre order the wine and try to get more info on the host rewards. You know what PC offers as an incentive!
She directed me to her website, but I still was unclear what I could get.
I noticed I could buy at discount "memberships" for wine to be shipped to me on a monthly basis. But other that a "free bottle of wine" It did not say anything else.
Then I get another email from her telling me she has a $10 coupon that she could give me to use on the pre ordered wine. 5 bottles plus my "free bottle"
is $49 includes shipping. Normally it is $59. I am thinking "That is the SMALL fee". :eek: I really want to do this, but honestly I can't afford $49 to have my friends come over for a wine sampling. Plus horderves. I tried getting more information from her, but it seems very vague. HAs anyone had one of these parties? What did you get/think? Is it me or does that seem a bit much. What bothers me is the "small fee" in her original email. :rolleyes: Sorry but that seems a bit more than small. I am thinking, it doesn't cost our hosts that much to buy the ingredients for a cooking demo. And our host rewards program is very generous.
Do you think it is worth it, just to maybe get referrals from her?

If that is the cost and you they don't have an additional host program then No I do not think it is worth it. You can tell her at this time I can't front that kind of money. Ask her for some more info and see if they do offer more for hosts. And Def. mention doing a joint party together food+wine does = greatness for both of you in sales as well.
Hope this helps
JEN

I am really not good at this, but I would like to know what you think.It ultimately depends on your personal budget and how much you value the potential referrals from this consultant. If you feel like the $49 cost is worth the potential benefits, then go for it. However, if you are unsure or uncomfortable with the cost, it may be best to politely decline and focus on other marketing strategies. It's important to weigh the potential benefits against the cost and make a decision that makes financial sense for you.

Question 1: What is a Wine Show and how does it work?

A Wine Show is a fun and interactive party where you can learn about and sample different wines while also getting a chance to purchase them. As a host, you will invite your friends and family to your home and our Pampered Chef consultant will provide a variety of wines for everyone to taste. You will also have the opportunity to purchase any wines you enjoyed.

Question 2: How do I become a host for a Wine Show?

It's simple! Just reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you are interested in hosting a Wine Show. They will work with you to pick a date, invite your guests, and plan the details of the party.

Question 3: What is the cost to host a Wine Show?

Hosting a Wine Show is completely free! There is no cost to you as the host. Our Pampered Chef consultant will bring all the necessary wine samples and supplies for the party.

Question 4: Can I customize the wines for my Wine Show?

Absolutely! Our Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to select the wines you want to feature at your Wine Show. You can also choose to have a specific theme for your Wine Show, such as a certain type of wine or region.

Question 5: What are the benefits of hosting a Wine Show?

As a host, you will receive exclusive discounts and rewards based on the sales from your Wine Show. You will also have a fun and unique experience with your friends and family, while learning about and trying different wines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LoriLions
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LoriLions
  • JennLizFran
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • cmcosker