• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Show in a New Neighborhood: Tips for Consultants

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of reaching out to neighbors to promote one's business as a consultant. Suggestions are given such as taking a walk around the neighborhood, carrying business cards, and mailing postcards. Some individuals mention difficulties with reaching out to neighbors due to their location or the attitudes of their neighbors. The conversation ends with the idea of using a yard sign to attract potential customers.
melaniepc
do you hit up your neighbors to do shows? I just moved here two months ago and we live on a long street. I was thinking of trying to do up a flyer or something letting them know I am a consultant. How do you get it to them though? Do you go door to door?

Re: neighbors?I wouldn't bother with a flyer - they'll just throw it out. If you can get out and take a walk around your block between 6pm -8pm, you might be able to catch a lot of people out and about. I'd just strike up conversations with them (if you have a dog, walk the dog as an excuse!). You could carry some business cards in your pocket (so it doesn't look like you're OBVIOUSLY out soliciting, which may not be legal in your neighborhood) and just introduce yourself as the new neighbor and tell them what you do and how you're trying to start up you're new business but just need a few people to help you get started.

You could also try mailing postcards to them to invite them to a fall preview show at your home, but that depends on if you have the new products or if you really want to do a show in your own home.

Re: neighbors?I can't help. I live in the middle of nowhere. I have no neighbors. :(

Re: neighbors?I am just trying really hard to get the ball going.. I have hit up all my friends and family already lol

Re: neighbors?I live in a town house complex, and have made a flyer to hand out, it has helped somewhat, a few phone calls, but no bookings, I also know it's summer (slow) once people turn to the fall it should pick up. there are a ton of flyer files in the file section that you can take and edit. Good Luck

Re: neighbors?
raebates said:
I can't help. I live in the middle of nowhere. I have no neighbors. :(

I do too. I had to go to other neighborhoods & put out surveys. I did have lots of luck with that though.

What about taking some mini catalogs with you as well. Introduce yourself & what you do.

Re: neighbors?I have not had a lot of luck with hitting up my neighbors ... the ones nearest me are poor, the others are snooty!

Re: neighbors?In my neighborhood we have about 30+ houses and only about a 1/4 of them know me and know I sell PC. They are regular customers and some have hosted before. There is only one way in and out and you have to pass my house to get to anything, so I have been considering buying a yard sign and putting it out for people to see.

1. How can I find potential hosts in a new neighborhood?

The best way to find potential hosts in a new neighborhood is to utilize your existing network. Reach out to friends, family, and previous hosts and ask if they know anyone in the new area who might be interested in hosting a show. You can also attend local events and community gatherings to meet new people and introduce yourself as a Pampered Chef consultant.

2. What are some ways to promote my show in a new neighborhood?

One effective way to promote your show in a new neighborhood is to create flyers and distribute them in the area. You can also use social media to spread the word and reach a wider audience. Another idea is to partner with local businesses or community organizations to cross-promote your show.

3. How can I make my show stand out in a new neighborhood?

To make your show stand out in a new neighborhood, you can offer a unique theme or demonstration, such as a holiday cooking class or a meal prep workshop. You can also offer special discounts or promotions for first-time hosts in the new area. Additionally, make sure to personalize your approach and show genuine interest in getting to know your new audience.

4. What are some tips for building relationships with potential hosts in a new neighborhood?

Building relationships with potential hosts in a new neighborhood is key to a successful show. One tip is to be genuine and authentic in your interactions. Show interest in getting to know them and their needs. Another tip is to offer value, such as a free cooking tip or recipe, to establish trust and credibility. Lastly, make sure to follow up and stay in touch with potential hosts to maintain the relationship.

5. How can I handle objections from potential hosts in a new neighborhood?

Handling objections from potential hosts in a new neighborhood requires patience and understanding. Listen to their concerns and address them with empathy. Offer solutions, such as hosting a smaller, more intimate show or a virtual show. You can also offer a flexible date and time to accommodate their schedule. Remember to always follow up and stay positive, even if they decline to host a show at this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vminaudo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vminaudo
  • Admin Greg
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • EmilyStraw