• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can a Hostess with the Mostess special help improve host coaching?

In summary, the Host with the Mostess for December will have the opportunity to purchase the Woven Rectangle Server at a special discount if they had the highest sales at their show. For every $100 that the host has at their show, they will receive 10% off the product. For shows of $1000 or more, the product will be free.
elisha
Hey everyone! I am going to try using a Hostess with the Mostess monthly special to help me work on host coaching. I'll announce as I am booking the month and coaching for shows what my featured product is for that particular month - which will be one of the duplicate products I have that is currently sitting in my closet. I used to be a consultant a few years ago, and had to get another kit when I re-signed. Also, I had purchased some of the the fall product samples, then ended up earning some of them later in SS bonuses. So I have lots of extra product.

For December, I am featuring the Woven Rectangle Server. My hostess during the month of December with the highest sales will get a call from me at the beginning of January, and I will offer her the opportunity to purchase the product at a special discount. For every $100 she had at her show, she will receive 10% off this product. So if she has a $650 show, she would get 65% off on the item. For shows of $1000 or more, the item would be free.

I am hoping to use this as a host coaching tool to encourage hostesses to invite lots of guests, utilize my website for e-invitations and reminders, offer the catalog to those who cannot attend, personally invite each guest and remind them 1-2 days prior. Also, as I get closer to the end of the month, I will have figures to work with to encourage hosts. For example, "Jill, your sales are at $550 right now. At this point in the month, my highest show so far is $625. If you could collect another $75 in outside orders, you'd have a really great chance at being my Hostess with the Mostess for December. Would you like to keep your show open for another day or so to give you a chance to follow up with the guests who were unable to attend?"

And towards the beginning of the month, I can use some of my stats for encouragement. I could tell the host what my highest ever show was, and what my previous highest monthly shows came in at, then encourage her to try to outdo my record to increase her chances that she will have the highest show for the month.

Host coaching is one of the areas that I really would like to improve in. I think this will give me a segway to bring up tips and suggestions more comfortably and naturally, so I don't feel like I'm being bossy or demanding, but rather trying to help the host to get another benefit. And I get valuable closet space in return! :cool:

Any thoughts on this?

the whole month?I think it sounds very promising except do you think that the host should keep their show open for the entire month? Many of her guests may get angry when there things don't arrive in a reasonable amount of time just because she's trying to earn one MORE free product. Also, a host with a show earlier in the month would have a better chance of winning than a host at the end of the month. Maybe you could put a time limit. Whoever has the most orders within say 5 days after their show. That way everybody gets about the same amount of time to gather orders and the guests don't have to wait all month for the products. Just a thought!

show would be open 1 weekNo, the hostess would not have the show open all month. It would be a normal show, I encourage hosts to close within 3-5 days of their shows. All that I would do is that once the month is over, I would look at which one had the most sales, then give that host a chance to get a product at a special discount, it would be independent of their show.

What I am hoping is that the chance for an extra product would encourage the hosts to make the most of their show by getting as many guests and orders as they can. Towards the end of the month, I would have specific numbers to challenge them with. Also, I am hoping to get customer loyalty from those who get the special each month.

I think that it sounds like a viable plan, especially if it helps you have a reason to contact someone. I guess the success may depend on a) does the host want the product your are offering? and/or b) does beating another hosts sales matter?

Here's my Hostess w/ the Mostess program:
I had a chart for each month and listed the host w/ the most in sales, and how much she got for that achievement. I stated that at the end of the year, I would have an exclusive 'Hostess w/ the Mostess' party at my home to celebrate them and thank them for helping my business.

I included this chart in my host pkg just so that the host could see it and if she was the type that was motivated by competition, she had an idea of what to work towards or if she was motivated by seeing how much people actually got for free, she had a goal to work towards.

I send out at the end of the month one of those "You take the Cake" cards from Nancy's Artworks telling the host that she was the Hostess w/ the Mostess of the month and I also recognize her in my newsletter (that I just started doing!)

p.s. my goal at the exclusive party is also to try and get them to book another show for the coming year...I've thought about coinciding it w/ new seasons stuff so that they could be the first to see, but I haven't gotten further than thinking about it :rolleyes:

good luck with your plan!

I really like your ideas with the end of year party, and the postcard! How exciting! I think I'm going to start my new year off with this plan!

1. What is the "Hostess With the Mostess!" program?

The "Hostess With the Mostess!" program is an exclusive rewards program for Pampered Chef hostesses. It allows them to earn free and discounted products based on the sales generated at their Pampered Chef party.

2. How do I become a "Hostess With the Mostess!"?

To become a "Hostess With the Mostess!", all you need to do is host a Pampered Chef party with a minimum of $200 in sales. As the hostess, you will automatically be enrolled in the program and can start earning rewards.

3. How are rewards earned in the "Hostess With the Mostess!" program?

For every $100 in sales generated at your party, you will earn one credit towards free or discounted products. These credits can add up quickly and allow you to choose from a variety of products at a discounted or even free price.

4. Can I combine "Hostess With the Mostess!" rewards with other promotions?

Yes, you can combine your "Hostess With the Mostess!" rewards with other promotions, as long as they are still valid during your party. This allows you to save even more on your favorite Pampered Chef products.

5. How do I redeem my "Hostess With the Mostess!" rewards?

Once your party has closed and your rewards have been calculated, your Pampered Chef consultant will help you select and redeem your rewards. You can choose from a variety of products at a discounted or free price, depending on the number of credits you have earned.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• diradt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
diradt
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
PamperedDor