1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Hostess Thank you gift for at show

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I'm debating on what to give for my host...or should I let her pick?

Here's what I've got:

New Season's Best
    PC Calendar
    Reusable Shopping Bag

Typically I give SB. Now that I have calendars, I was leaning towards starting to give those away...so I don't end up with a stack after January. :D

Reusable shopping bags I like to give out if people book a show and set a date that night.

Sep 11, 2009
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I usually give a SBRC, too, but I'm going to start using the calendars soon. My vote is to use the calendar - people who want their own can then be encouraged to book their own show. :)

Sep 11, 2009
  3. wcsis

wcsis Member

Don't know how many calendars you have but my suggestion would be to make a deal about showing off the calendar and recipes it contains at the show then pass it to the host stating to the group, "these calendars are only available by booking a show during the months of November and December!"

Oct 16, 2009
  4. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

You've already received them??? Dang! I'm still waiting!!! :rolleyes:

Oct 16, 2009
  5. lisasfuncooking

lisasfuncooking Member

I usually give out a Season's Best, bag or set of paring knives. This past show I took someones advice and with the host packet put in a catalog labeled "host copy". Inside I picked out a product and put a sticker labeled "your surprise gift". It was the snowman platter. I know it is more $ than a SB, but I knew she had a big guest list. I just added it to her order under her discount and paid for the balance. You would have thought she won the lotto. I have never seen anyone so excited. She was so happy and appreciative. She had a $1,600 show and I got a booking from her friend and she also booked another another show. I think the gift should reflect on each individual host.

6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Most of us have just received them in this last week. I got mine on Saturday (10th). Since you are a BIT further away than most of us are from the shipping points, hopefully you won't have to wait TOO long to get them! :D

Oct 16, 2009
  7. I usually give the shopping bag and a SB, but now that I have my calendars, I'm doing that and a SB. Last year I ended up with 10 extra calendars, so I'm handing them out while I can.

Oct 16, 2009
  8. cheflorraine

cheflorraine Member Gold Member

Did you know right away (when you picked out the gift for her) that she had a big guest list?
    I like this idea, but I'm not sure I would know in advance how big the party would turn out to be (so picking an appropriate gift would be difficult).

Oct 19, 2009
  9. beckyjsmith

beckyjsmith Member

I take the groceries for my hosts in a reusable shopping bag. In it I also have one of the retired SB with a note inside, and I ask the guests to sign it as well. I am giving calendars as well..and if the past host is in attendance I make it a point to present a calendar to her as well. I bought 100 calendars at conference and used them as an incentive for my team to put their shows on the cluster calendar, as well as for host gifts for all of my 2009 hosts.

Oct 20, 2009
Have something to add?