• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fabulous Folder for Host Packets - Pics Included!

In summary, the author found the most fabulous folder for host packets and took pictures to show. The folder has a place for a business card and next to it, a show strategy sticker. There are two clear pockets in the middle, and plenty of room for flyers. The back of the folder is perfect for putting the YOUR LIFE, YOUR WAY FLYER and the new contents we got in the mail. The author is in love with the way the folders look and may invest in getting more.
Jilleysue
Silver Member
Ok, so tonight I found the most Fabulous Folder for Host Packets. I took pictures for you guys to see. It was a greyish clear folder with a clear side on the inside so you can put a title page. I inserted a piece of card stock with a PC label on it. I filled it with just basics for now to give you guys an idea. It has a place for a business card and next to it, I put a show strategy sticker. I put catelogs in the first pocket and behind there, I will probably put OOF. In the middle there are 2 clear pockets. Enough room for plenty of flyers. I threw in the it's show time, The Spring Products, And I would normally put the Host and Guest Specials. There is also a DYLAB. In the back, it is so perfect, for the opportunity section. I put the YOUR LIFE, YOUR WAY FLYER and the new contents we got in the mail and then there is a perfect spot for the new DVD.

I absolutely love the way this looks. I only put one together. The part that makes me sad is the folders are $2.00.....OUCH! I also hadn't decided if I want to put DVD's in every host packet...OUCH again. They do look so good. I mean put together, it isn't too much and it looks so professional. I kept the stickers on the showtime flyer. I would probally also add my Cooking show planner or whatever else. There is plenty of room. I justed wanted to see how they looked. I mean it looks like something straight from HO. It's what I would want to get as a Host, but I know I'll want to invest a lot in this to make it look nice and I many not get my money out of them. I just think making an impression makes a difference.

I have a couple more pics...:rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

Maybe I could find them cheaper? Maybe I could try to get them back after a show? And do I want to include the DVD??????

Attachments

• Pampered Chef Pics 2007 023 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 023 (Small).jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,288
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 024 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 024 (Small).jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,295
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 025 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 025 (Small).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,180
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 026 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 026 (Small).jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,112
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 028 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 028 (Small).jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,114
A couple more picsA couple more pics of the folders I am in love with...
To invest or not to invest...LOL:confused: :confused:

Attachments

• Pampered Chef Pics 2007 031 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 031 (Small).jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 856
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 030 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 030 (Small).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 878
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 029 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 029 (Small).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,003
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 027 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 027 (Small).jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,054
Last edited:
Looks really good. Where did you buy the folders?

NICE! I love them. You should start a business making and sending host packets for the rest of us...

I found them at CVS, but I found them on line in bulk for a few cents cheaper...I just don't know if want to invest in them when I can get the colored ones for like 3 for $1.00. They do look great though.

They look really good........ where did you get the folders at???

OOOO, don't look at my thumb nail where my nail came off...LMAO...hahaha. Oh god I have to take that pic off. Getting nails done tomorrow. Don't look, don't look. HAHAHAHAHAHA! How embarrassing.

Phew ok, I deleted that one..LOL

Jill your so funny..... !!!

OH NO...There is another one..........ARRRRGHHHH!!! Stop looking you all. I thought you were my friends...LOL

I think it looks great Jill! Just one question and it might be a dumb one, but I don't remember seeing the book you have in the front pocket. Is that the Consultant News?

Are you talking about the catalog with the tiles on it?

I just IM'd you.

You have mail! It is just a new cover for the same FW catty....

I'm glad I had IM'd you. I felt like an idiot. That's why I hadn't seen it. I didn't order those catalogs because I still had a lot left over from the other ones.

Thank you Gillian!

Hey Jill! Those are looking awesome! Seriously! BTW where did you get that scoop up new products?! That is super cool! ;)

I actually found it. :D lol

That is a great flyer. Will you post it?

If you can get these packets back from the hostess after the show, your investment isn't as much! :)BTW I love them and I really may have to copy you!

This would be good to carry to shows and leave out for guests to look through or to use during your why you all should have a show talk.

If you give them to hosts do not count on getting them all back so you do have to think about that investment...

Very nice looking. You've inspired me to look at something besides just putting it all in an envelope. I'm surprised that I get my extra papers etc back from about 90% of my hostesses so it may be worth the investment for me.

You've got such great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

I found these folders ....24 of them for 47.00. Hmmmm, I am still contimplating. I don't know what to do.

I made a sticker with the recycling symbol that says "This is a recylable host packet -- please return the day of your show with all outside orders"

I always get my folders back -- except when they book then take off. Oh well, no system is perfect :)

Those folders look GREAT!! I would love to make them too.

Oh I found these for 24 for 47.00...I just can't decide what to do.

My director uses 1/2" binders as recyclable host packs. When hosts flake out and cancel, she tells them they have to mail it back unless they reschedule with the new date within a month. It helps cut down on cancellations if they're out a few bucks to get your pack back to you. ;)

JilleySue- I give you permission to order them. You can ask hosts for them back at shows (heck, I've had hosts offer to give back the cheapie folders I use). The nicer the packaging, the more likely they are to actually return it. And if you can get 95% of them back, then you're actually saving money on disposable packs in the long run (especially if you don't have to reprint flyers, etc.)

Jill: I use these folders all the time for my Cooking Shows, but I tell my hosts that they are recyclable, so they have them ready for me the night of their show to take home and update for future shows. The cost is not so bad, since I keep about 12 in rotation at all times. I've lost a few over the years to hosts who "disappear," but generally, but now that I send out the invitations, I have more control over that (my hosts don't get the full packet until I have received their guest list). Essentially, I only need to change out the monthly specials during a given season and I change up my recipe selections and Host Benefit Flyer at the beginning of a new season.

HTH,

Mary

What do you guys think about the DVD's?? There is spot for them in the back? They look so nice.

HAHAHA, It feels so much better with permission ANN..HAHA

I thought you'd get a laugh from that- as if I have any control over how you run your own business! But sometimes we need to hear the "You have permission" words from another person.
Those are really nice looking packs, BTW. I do like the DVD spot in the back. I think a host would be more likely to watch it than if it were in the cardboard sleeve tucked into a pocket.

I know it just could get quite a bit expensive...UG. I may do like 4 or 5 and just see if I get them back and see how they go. I do really like them. I do one of the other ones and I hate how they look so cheap with all the stickers on them. Look like a 1st grade thing, well mine did. These look really nice.

Hi Jill!

They look very nice. The only thing to think about is whether or not your host are going to look at that much information. They look like you spent a lot of time on them and I would hate for all of your hard work not to pay off.

Have you ever hosted a show for another direct selling company? Did you look at everything they gave you? I am going back in forth in my mind as to whether or not I think they are a good investment. Your hosts might be more apt to read them since they are so organized. Or they might just decide it is too much information and just put them down. The other concern I have about them looking so great is whether or not they would intimidate someone who is considering starting her/his own Pampered Chef business. You always want to make your job look easy.

I have learned the hard way to always consider if the things I do will increase attendance and sales at my shows. If an idea will not, I do not put the time and money into it. If I strongly feel it will, I make the investment.

I have started using the Heavy Host Bags, from Nancy's Artwork, for my hosts' packs. I love the fact they are clear so my hosts always have a reminder of what is inside. I also love the fact my hosts can hang their host packs on a door as a reminder. Also, the cost is $9.75 for 50 bags. That comes out to less than $.20 per bag.

Thanks!
Lisa

Hey Jill,
do you by any chance like these folders? LOL
I personally would leave them to go around at the show.
Then, if someone books, let them know they can take the packet home and you will pick it up on the day of the show or XXX date.
Just a suggestion.
They look great though!

Oh I didn't spend time on these at all, that is the cool thing. I just slipped in the flyers. There is catalogs, about 3 flyers and then the opportunity flyers.
As host,I get so excited about a party..yeah i read everything, but I could be rare. The cool thing about these, is you don't have to deal with those sleves. Everything is already. You just put the flyers in. There was bout 3 flyers and the cats and OOFs. I only used one sticker and one business card. Very easy. They just look so nice.

IT looks great , i too always tell my host i will be taking the folders back at the end of your show , in three years i may have only lost one or two folders !

Well that is great. I truly love them. and if they impress me, I guess I will try them out. I have some purple ones too of the other ones, so if lose a couple, I can always revert back. I found the link of the place. They are avery folders, I'll have to find the numbers.

I really don't think $2 is bad. Make an effort to get them back, but they aren't so expensive that you can't just bless and release if you had to. AND... you will make back your $2 for sure with these!

If you have a computer that has a DVD burner, go to best buy or any office supply store, buy blanck recordable DVD's and burn a bunch, and then create your sticker on photoshop...voila!! (thanks, KG..;) )

I use similar folders that are really magazine holders and use the clear binder paper holders. I tell my hostesses that these are a recycleable item (even have the recycle symbol on my sticker) and tell them if I get it back in tact on the day of theire show, they get a gift. Works everytime! I try to include a "sign my hostess packet" autograph sheet with it, so she/he can show friends what she is doing and that seems to generate alot of "where did you get that" or "what is this" questions that she sends my way, and then I have just genereated more leads. (the autograph sheet is for comments, and the more people see her packet, the more interest she generates for her upcoming party and attendence is better)

jodistrauss said:
That is a great flyer. Will you post it?

Here you go Jodi! I think this is it. ;)

Attachments

• Spring%2007%20New%20Products[1].doc
    167.5 KB · Views: 441
thechefofnorthbend said:
If you have a computer that has a DVD burner, go to best buy or any office supply store, buy blanck recordable DVD's and burn a bunch, and then create your sticker on photoshop...voila!! (thanks, KG..;) )

I use similar folders that are really magazine holders and use the clear binder paper holders. I tell my hostesses that these are a recycleable item (even have the recycle symbol on my sticker) and tell them if I get it back in tact on the day of theire show, they get a gift. Works everytime! I try to include a "sign my hostess packet" autograph sheet with it, so she/he can show friends what she is doing and that seems to generate alot of "where did you get that" or "what is this" questions that she sends my way, and then I have just genereated more leads. (the autograph sheet is for comments, and the more people see her packet, the more interest she generates for her upcoming party and attendence is better)

That is exactly what my BF told me tonight...offer a gift if you get them back and make more CD's...PERFECT. i think I am convinced. They look so professional and so much better than those paper folders. I am a firm believer in making an impression on people and when a host gets this packet. i think they will be impressed.:D I showed everyone in the keys tonight and they were like WOW...that is great. Looks very good.

I like that, though it is a lot of information, it doesn't look overwhelming because it is neatly organized. Everything has its own spot so your host isn't rifling through a stack of papers, instead it is all layed out for her.

I have gone over this and over this and over this...trying to figure out what people put in host packets. Some people have given me lists a mile long. I just put a couple things in here and it isn't even set in stone yet except for the front section for catalogs and OOF's and the back section for the Opportunity part, the rest can be whatever.
I mean I was so confused as a new consulant from Guest specials, host specials, nancys cards, invitaitions, cooking show planner, DYLAB, new product information. I mean some people LOAD up the host folder.
I think depending on the month will depend what I put in the middle. The show planner is the only thing I will put stickers on. I tryed putting them on the colored ones and it just looked too kiddies and 1st gradish.

So Jill I am totally wondering what the number is of the binders and where you got them, as I think I am falling in love with your host packet! You rock!

Well thank you. As I told everyone before I am a Compliance Manager, so it is my job to make manuals, binders, folders, computers and our office look just so......LOL. I want parts of my host folder to look FUN FUN FUN, but I want to the innitial reaction to be what ours is when we see our PC stuff from HO....WOW, how professional and then WOW, that part looks fun.
I found the folder from CVS and was like OK, this is it. It is an AVERY 47697. I then came home and typed in the number and found them for almost a dollar cheaper and in bulk...like 24 for like 47.00 plus shipping. They come in gray and blue assorted. I prefer the grey, but I don't think you can choose. I really like them, but if you want to check them out first. Try running into a CVS. ; )

Thanks! I think I know what I'll be doing while watching Desperate Housewives on Sun! :)

HAHAHAHA, Like I said I have been contemplating, so I would try to find one at CVS first to see if you like them. I look at the paper ones and look at that one, look to right look to the left. It has been driving me crazy....OH MY GOD. I had to have a glass of wine and go relax outside in the keys while we are here...was driving me crazy!!! HAHAHAHAHA LMAO!! HOST FOLDERS STARING ME IN THE FACE

Jilleysue said:
I have gone over this and over this and over this...trying to figure out what people put in host packets. Some people have given me lists a mile long. I just put a couple things in here and it isn't even set in stone yet except for the front section for catalogs and OOF's and the back section for the Opportunity part, the rest can be whatever.
I mean I was so confused as a new consulant from Guest specials, host specials, nancys cards, invitaitions, cooking show planner, DYLAB, new product information. I mean some people LOAD up the host folder.
I think depending on the month will depend what I put in the middle. The show planner is the only thing I will put stickers on. I tryed putting them on the colored ones and it just looked too kiddies and 1st gradish.

I know this has been discussed before - what to put in a host packet...but I would love to see a list of what everyone puts in theirs. I used to just "wing it" and everyone's host packet was a little different based on the season, specials, who she was, how I was feeling that day, the barometric pressure etc - LOL But that got to be time consuming and disorganized and frankly I tended to even forget important components sometimes.

A few months back I was at my AD's house and noticed she had a little list up in front of her desk that said "Hostess Packets" and it listed what to put in each one (she has office assistants so this directs them)...so I decided to do that (not get an office assistent - LOL...don't I wish...but post a list for myself)

So, here's what goes in mine:

Cover Letter
"It's Show Time Planner" (now called Your Cooking Show Guide)
2-4 catalogs
5 outside order forms
business card magnet
What can my Website Do For You flyer
Who To Invite flyer
Opportunity Brochure
Host Benefits
Monthly Specials shrunk down onto one page

Attachments

• Whatcanmywebsitedoforyou[1].doc
    229 KB · Views: 377
  • WhotoInviteFlyer1.doc
    25 KB · Views: 393
Carolyn Carolyn Carolyn..WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ON THIS ON. ...LOL HOORAY!!!! I JUST SIMPLY LOVE YOU!!! OK...This is what I did too. I have list with a purple border around it no less for my office assistant..ME OF COURSE OR KEVIN WHEN I GET RICH ENOUGH TO HIRE HIS A**(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) Oh god what a dream. For you all that don't know. I work for his company now, for him and his partner with 120 employees, so if rolls could change. OH OH LORD..would be just wonderful.. BAHAHAHAHAHA.

When I did this hostess packet, I just threw it together to see what people thought of the folder.....but I absolutely love the website thingy I use that and I use the who to invite thingy too. The cool thing about this folder is the clear slides allow you put the colored flyers in there and not let them get lost in the shuffle. The last section where the opportunity part is I decided today, I would take out that last flyer, as the stuff the HO provides us is enough or vice versa I would use that flyer and take out one the HO provides us to save money.
I absolutely love the website flyer though...>VERY GREAT!!!!!!! Yes this list is perfect, exactly what I was looking for because I was missing some stuff and I want to add the DVD.

Carolyn: LOVE the 'what can my website do' flyer! Very awesome:) I always explain how my most successful hosts use my site, but still not everyone does. This explains it very well!

In my host folders, I put:
in the pocket: thank you letter, show planner, 'I'm ready to be pampered' flyer, 2 guest list sheets, opp brochure
in my clear sheet protectors: host/guest special flyers, 40 guests in five minutes & a tale of 2 hostesses, opp info, wedding registry flyer, fundraiser flyer
in back pocket: 5 oof's, 3 catalogs
I get the cheap colored folders (3 for $1), and decorate with lots of stickers inside & outside (that I get from stickingtobusiness.com).

Lacy what is the I am ready to be Pampered Flyer?

Yeah I don't include the Wedding flyer just yet. I liked the idea that Carolyn taught me of bringing that to the shows and talking it up there. It might slip by in the folders and tooooo tooo much in the folders might confuse them like we were confused when we got our new consultant kits. Well I was confused anyway..LOL

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AmaraJ
  • chefpelkey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • ChefRiGuy