1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Hostess in need

1. 1PamperedMommy

1PamperedMommy Member Gold Member

My aunt recently hit some hard times which has led her to be living in an apartment with little more than an air mattress. She has already been my customer in the past, but has approached me wondering about doing a "house-warming" party (one in which the guests would be buying off of her wish list - much like a bridal shower). I'd like to help her out with this. First off, do you think something like this would work? I know a lot of you are majorly creative and wondered if anyone can give me some ideas on making this not only happen, but be successful. Thanks in advance for your ideas!

2. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

It can totally be successful. You and she need to be sure to let everyone know the wishlist and purpose....a stock XX kitchen.

I wonder....would she be interested in joining your team? Sounds like she could use some extra income. Then her show could be a kick off show, friends could order and book in support. She'd be getting the kit and not need to have a registry. Just an idea.

3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

The only thing I wonder is if people will think it's appropriate for her to be asking for gifts. If someone else was putting it on for her (kind of how a mother or maid of honor would host a shower for a bride) maybe it would be better? But if it's close friends and family and this is a situation that everyone is aware of and they all were like-minded, it would be great. But that's just my take on it.

When someone has a house warming party, it's polite to bring a gift. But I don't think it's mandatory. So by requesting her guests to get her stuff, is it inappropriate? They could just do a regular kitchen show and she can use the FPV to stock her kitchen. Maybe her friends will be more generous with their spending so that she'll get more rewards.

Other than that issue, you could treat it just like how others have done bridal shows. I've seen some real clever ideas some people have shared that you could find in the files. You could also do a search for "bridal shower" and find a bunch of threads that could be helpful.

Good luck though. It really is a nice idea and I hope it will work out for you. :)

Mar 1, 2010
Have something to add?