• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a 'House-Warming' for My Aunt in Need

In summary, my aunt recently hit some hard times which has led her to be living in an apartment with little more than an air mattress. She has already been my customer in the past, but has approached me wondering about doing a "house-warming" party (one in which the guests would be buying off of her wish list - much like a bridal shower). I'd like to help her out with this. First off, do you think something like this would work? I know a lot of you are majorly creative and wondered if anyone can give me some ideas on making this not only happen, but be successful. Thanks in advance for your ideas!It can totally be successful. You and she need to be sure to let everyone know
1PamperedMommy
Gold Member
My aunt recently hit some hard times which has led her to be living in an apartment with little more than an air mattress. She has already been my customer in the past, but has approached me wondering about doing a "house-warming" party (one in which the guests would be buying off of her wish list - much like a bridal shower). I'd like to help her out with this. First off, do you think something like this would work? I know a lot of you are majorly creative and wondered if anyone can give me some ideas on making this not only happen, but be successful. Thanks in advance for your ideas!

It can totally be successful. You and she need to be sure to let everyone know the wishlist and purpose....a stock XX kitchen.

I wonder....would she be interested in joining your team? Sounds like she could use some extra income. Then her show could be a kick off show, friends could order and book in support. She'd be getting the kit and not need to have a registry. Just an idea.

The only thing I wonder is if people will think it's appropriate for her to be asking for gifts. If someone else was putting it on for her (kind of how a mother or maid of honor would host a shower for a bride) maybe it would be better? But if it's close friends and family and this is a situation that everyone is aware of and they all were like-minded, it would be great. But that's just my take on it. When someone has a house warming party, it's polite to bring a gift. But I don't think it's mandatory. So by requesting her guests to get her stuff, is it inappropriate? They could just do a regular kitchen show and she can use the FPV to stock her kitchen. Maybe her friends will be more generous with their spending so that she'll get more rewards.Other than that issue, you could treat it just like how others have done bridal shows. I've seen some real clever ideas some people have shared that you could find in the files. You could also do a search for "bridal shower" and find a bunch of threads that could be helpful.Good luck though. It really is a nice idea and I hope it will work out for you. :)

1. How can I host a successful house-warming for my aunt in need?

Hosting a successful house-warming for your aunt in need can be achieved by following these steps:

• Choose a date and time that works for your aunt and her guests.
  • Create a guest list and send out invitations at least 2 weeks in advance.
  • Plan a menu that caters to your aunt's preferences and any dietary restrictions of her guests.
  • Prepare the necessary decorations and make the space inviting and comfortable.
  • Consider organizing a gift registry to help your aunt get the household items she needs.

2. What kind of gifts should I suggest for my aunt's house-warming?

When suggesting gifts for your aunt's house-warming, think about practical items that she may need for her new home. Some ideas include kitchen gadgets, cookware, linens, and cleaning supplies. You can also suggest gift cards to home decor stores or grocery stores to help with any expenses.

3. Can I offer to help with the preparations for the house-warming?

Absolutely! Offering to help with the preparations for the house-warming can be a great way to show your support for your aunt. You can offer to help with tasks such as cleaning, cooking, or setting up decorations. Your aunt will surely appreciate the extra help.

4. Is it appropriate to ask guests to bring a dish or contribute to the event?

It is perfectly acceptable to ask guests to bring a dish or contribute to the event. This can help alleviate some of the cost and workload for your aunt. You can suggest specific dishes or ask guests to bring their own specialty dish to share with the group.

5. How can I make the house-warming feel special for my aunt?

To make the house-warming feel special for your aunt, consider adding personal touches such as creating a photo slideshow of memories, playing her favorite music, or incorporating her favorite colors into the decorations. You can also have guests write down their well-wishes or advice for your aunt and compile them into a keepsake book for her to cherish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nldavis321
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
nldavis321
  • beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Sarah K.