• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hostess Appreciation: Tips for Games and Bookings | 30-Minute Distance

In summary, Debbie recommends giving away things like free products, discounts, and host benefits. She suggests having pre-prepared prizes, like a wreath, new products, or a host special. She also suggests giving away recipe cards with recipes for Profiterole puffs.
cookinthehouse
Silver Member
Ok, I am going to be doing my first hostess Appreciation show at my house. My only concern is that i live 30 minutes from all my hostess.

any suggestions for games and bookings

Host appreciationI would love to do a host appreciation show when we get our new house.

That's a great way to say thanks, and have them come over to your house instead of theirs and you can serve them some yummy dishes without really having to demo anything except maybe some new tools.
I would definitely give away a prize for the highest in sales and offer a nice incentive for beating that host's sales this year!!
Second I think I would do a mystery host show and everyone placing an order of at least $50 is entered.
Third I would do price is right game for hosts because they should know their stuff
or you could do a fun auction game I like to play at my shows!

The price is right game that I play is getting pictures of about 10-15 PC products cut out of old catalogs or printed off the computer on card stock. Then you have 10-15 different prices. They must match the correct price to the correct PC product. They can do this on the back of their order form. Just number their paper 1-10 or 15 and start the game!!!
It's fun and even veteran hosts can't always remember. I would do this at the very beginning before they have a chance to look at the catalog.

The auction game is having a sheet of cardstock set up on a table that says stuff like:
Wearing a watch today, you can collect $100
Wearing red today, you can collect $100
Married more than 10 years, you can collect $200
Hosting a kitchen show for me again this year, you can collect $500
Hosting a catalog show for me this year, you can collect $400
Signing up today to do what I do, then you collect $600
And so on, just be creative with each one!!!

Pass out play money you print up or buy at the dollar store and then have an auction. Bring three pretty bags with a picture of the prize you are giving away, plus add some chocolates, maybe some cheap oven mitts, or pot holders from Walmart, and one lucky person who gets FREE shipping inside of their bag!! These gifts can be distributed at their show, if they didn't sign up for a show but won the bag, you can give them their gift when their order comes in. Try to give away things that you either have (Sample stuff ordered from kit enhancement), can get with host's discount, and door prize stuff in at least one of the bags. Start off with the least expensive prize!!

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!
Debbie

Debbie...I love the auction idea, I think I might do that at my HWC fundraiser!

sounds good... what about a demo.. did you do one or do you just have something already prepared?

what kinds of prizes to give away...

Something already preparedI would have something already prepared for them.
Here are some ideas:
Have a tasty Wreath already prepared, two if you expect more than 8 people.
I would have the new products set up so they could see them, my new chillzane sectional server with veggies and dip.
Both of the New Quick Stir pitchers with yummy punch and some lemonade.
Outdoor party plates for them to serve themselves.
Maybe the New Hospitality stands with chocolate covered strawberries or the Profiterole puffs!
Show the new stuff coming out in May, for summer barbecues!!
Talk about upcoming host specials, guest specials and offer some incentives if they host a show!! Like Free shipping on their order tonight if they host a show within 3 months! Have a drawing to see who will get the host benefits,
One drawing for the FREE products and Free shipping
One drawing for the discount
One drawing for the Host special
One drawing for the Booking benefit (if you get more than one show booked you can have more than one drawing for this so everyone can get a prize!)
One drawing for getting one product for 40% off through your kit enhancement this month, if you haven't done that yet.
Be creative and be as generous as you want to be. These ladies help our businesses!!
A loyal host who holds a show once a year is a great thing!!
Hosts who do shows every 6 months when the new catalog comes out are gems!!
Hand out Profiterole puff recipe cards to each past hostess.
Give away some nice door prizes, not just citrus peelers, or SB cookbooks. Try to get some mini serving spatulas (those are popular), bamboo tongs, mini whipper, etc... These you can put into gift bags with oven mitts, pot holders, chocolates, etc

Have fun!! Everyone will have fun!!
Debbie

I thought I didn't need to do a demo at my open house, and that poeple would play with the products and fall in love!! DIDN'T HAPPEN!! Nobody played with anything even though I kept encouraging it. It turned out to be a barely $300 show, and my cooking shows lately have been $700+. I can't stop thinking about what could have been if I had only done a demo!! This isn't really on topic, but I don't want anyone to make my same mistake!!

Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

Demo is ok tooI would personally not do a demo, only because I would have more time to try to get them to sign up for more shows, eat, talk, discuss new products, look at the catalog carefully, and I would demo the new products only. But not for baking anything.
I want to play games, do giveaways and get to know them better. Making it informal would be better for me. Talking to my hosts they know how it works and might just want to stop by to place an order and get entered in the drawing.
I would want to talk to them, ask them how their products are doing, what products are their favorite, when would be a good time for another show, discuss host specials, upcoming guest specials, etc...
My hosts are all very talkative and not shy. They talk, touch, grab, and try things all the time. And it is obvious that this show would not be just for them to come and eat. Drawings are for those who order at least $50. And I would tag on any individual orders that I collect that month to this show. They know I would expect a good turn out and a big show!! A lot of these hosts have become friends and faithful customers!
Debbie

I like the price is right game! Do you just have pictures displayed, and they write the item & price on the back of their receipt? That sounds like fun..I've been looking for some new things to add to my show.

1. What are some fun games to play during hostess appreciation events?

Some popular games for hostess appreciation events include "Name That Product," "Kitchen Tools Scavenger Hunt," and "Recipe Relay." These games not only provide entertainment, but also allow guests to learn more about Pampered Chef products and recipes.

2. How can I encourage my hostess to book future parties during the hostess appreciation event?

A great way to encourage future bookings is to offer a special discount or free gift for any guest who books a party during the event. You can also encourage your hostess to share her positive experience with her friends and family, which may lead to future bookings.

3. What are some tips for hosting a successful hostess appreciation event virtually?

When hosting a virtual hostess appreciation event, it's important to have a clear agenda and schedule for the event. Utilize online platforms, such as Zoom, to engage guests in games and demonstrations. Offer special discounts or prizes for virtual attendees to encourage participation.

4. How can I show my appreciation to my hostess during the event?

There are many ways to show your appreciation to your hostess during the event. You can offer her a special gift or discount, give her a personalized thank you card, or publicly recognize her efforts and achievements as a hostess. These gestures will make your hostess feel valued and appreciated.

5. What should I include in my 30-minute distance hostess appreciation event?

In a 30-minute distance hostess appreciation event, it's important to include a brief introduction and welcome, a demonstration or game, a special offer or discount, and a thank you to the hostess and guests for attending. You can also use this time to promote upcoming parties or new products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• princesschef525
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
princesschef525
  • mamadugan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
teresah551393
  • cttdbreeves