1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Host won't call me to close!

1. cakepampered

cakepampered Member

Help!:mad:

I had a great show last Friday, and told the host that I had to close by Tuesday because of the thing going on at PC. Well, she got everything in, the show came to over 1,500, she gives me her list of things that she wanted and everything was great. Now she won't call me to close! This has NEVER happened to me. What do I do? If I don't get this show in by midnight tonight I won't get paid on the 8th! I'm a little steamed! I have called and e-mailed repeatedly. She owes $73.00. I am afraid to call her again. Any advice??

Apr 3, 2009
  2. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

The show had to be in by midnight on Monday to get paid by the 8th. Now it doesn't matter if it doesn't go in until the 15th - you won't be paid until the 22nd

Did I misunderstand your question?

Apr 3, 2009
  3. elijahstrust

elijahstrust Member

The deadline to extend to today was for shows submitted by the 31st that needed to be resolved by today to count....they still needed to be submitted by the 31st though.

Apr 3, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you won't be paid on the 8th for this show regardless. The show had to be submitted by midnight (CST) on March 31st for it to be counted for March. The cutoff of tonight is for shows submitted by the 31st, but that may have issues like declined CC's. Those issues must be resolved by midnight tonight to be paid on the 8th.

If you need for her to close - I'd email her and leave her a message letting her know that if you don't hear from her by XXX time, then you will submit her show with just her free product value items, and delete anything for which she still owes money.

Apr 3, 2009
  5. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Why are you waiting for her to call you, that is not her job. I would call her.

Apr 3, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

LOL - we were all posting at the same time!

Apr 3, 2009
  7. cakepampered

cakepampered Member

Thanks everyone... I must have misunderstood about the submission date. The show was on March 27th. I did call her. I have left 3 messages on her answering machine, and 3 e-mails. I guess I should just let it go. Like I said, this never happened to me.

Apr 3, 2009
  8. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

6 years and you've never had a host flake out on you? Wow!

I've found that if you really want a call back, leave a message that if you don't hear back from her by xxx (give her 2 days), then you'll submit the order without her items, other than the free things.

Apr 3, 2009
  9. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

All shows must be submitted by the end of the month to count for that month's sales and most promotions. The only things that was extended up the resolution of shows on hold. You still had to submit it before the end of March but you had until noon today to get it resolved for it to actually count.

Apr 3, 2009
  10. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

That would get my attention!

11. Aunticooks

Aunticooks Member Gold Member

Take into consideration that something may have come up in her life. I know from past experience, my husband ended up with appendicitis at 11:30 at night and we went to the hospital. I didn't go home for 3 days. Just something to think about.

Apr 5, 2009
Have something to add?