• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Won't Call Me to Close! What Should I Do?

In summary, the show had to be submitted by midnight (CST) on March 31st for it to be counted for March. The cutoff of tonight is for shows submitted by the 31st, but that may have issues like declined CC's. Those issues must be resolved by midnight tonight to be paid on the 8th.
cakepampered
Help!:mad:

I had a great show last Friday, and told the host that I had to close by Tuesday because of the thing going on at PC. Well, she got everything in, the show came to over 1,500, she gives me her list of things that she wanted and everything was great. Now she won't call me to close! This has NEVER happened to me. What do I do? If I don't get this show in by midnight tonight I won't get paid on the 8th! I'm a little steamed! I have called and e-mailed repeatedly. She owes $73.00. I am afraid to call her again. Any advice??

The show had to be in by midnight on Monday to get paid by the 8th. Now it doesn't matter if it doesn't go in until the 15th - you won't be paid until the 22nd

Did I misunderstand your question?

The deadline to extend to today was for shows submitted by the 31st that needed to be resolved by today to count....they still needed to be submitted by the 31st though.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you won't be paid on the 8th for this show regardless. The show had to be submitted by midnight (CST) on March 31st for it to be counted for March. The cutoff of tonight is for shows submitted by the 31st, but that may have issues like declined CC's. Those issues must be resolved by midnight tonight to be paid on the 8th.

If you need for her to close - I'd email her and leave her a message letting her know that if you don't hear from her by XXX time, then you will submit her show with just her free product value items, and delete anything for which she still owes money.

Why are you waiting for her to call you, that is not her job. I would call her.

LOL - we were all posting at the same time!

Thanks everyone... I must have misunderstood about the submission date. The show was on March 27th. I did call her. I have left 3 messages on her answering machine, and 3 e-mails. I guess I should just let it go. Like I said, this never happened to me.

6 years and you've never had a host flake out on you? Wow!I've found that if you really want a call back, leave a message that if you don't hear back from her by xxx (give her 2 days), then you'll submit the order without her items, other than the free things.

cakepampered said:
Thanks everyone... I must have misunderstood about the submission date. The show was on March 27th. I did call her. I have left 3 messages on her answering machine, and 3 e-mails. I guess I should just let it go. Like I said, this never happened to me.

All shows must be submitted by the end of the month to count for that month's sales and most promotions. The only things that was extended up the resolution of shows on hold. You still had to submit it before the end of March but you had until noon today to get it resolved for it to actually count.

chefann said:
6 years and you've never had a host flake out on you? Wow!

I've found that if you really want a call back, leave a message that if you don't hear back from her by xxx (give her 2 days), then you'll submit the order without her items, other than the free things.

That would get my attention!

Take into consideration that something may have come up in her life. I know from past experience, my husband ended up with appendicitis at 11:30 at night and we went to the hospital. I didn't go home for 3 days. Just something to think about.

1. Why won't my host call me to close?

There could be several reasons why your host has not called you to close their party. They may be busy with work or personal commitments, or they may have simply forgotten. It's important to follow up with your host and gently remind them of the party closing date.

2. What should I do if my host still won't call me to close?

If your host still hasn't contacted you to close their party, try reaching out to them through a different method of communication, such as a text message or social media. You can also offer to help them with their orders or answer any questions they may have. If all else fails, you may need to extend the party closing date.

3. How long should I wait for my host to call me to close?

It's best to set a specific date for the party to close when you first schedule it with your host. This gives them a clear deadline and helps avoid any confusion or delays. If the party closing date has passed, follow up with your host within a week.

4. Can I close the party without my host's approval?

No, it's important to have your host's approval before closing the party. They are the ones who invited their friends and family and will ultimately be responsible for any orders or payments. Always make sure to communicate with your host throughout the party process.

5. What happens if my host never closes the party?

If your host has not closed the party by the designated date, you may need to take action. Contact your host and remind them of the party closing date. If they still do not close the party, you may need to reach out to their guests directly or consider canceling the party altogether.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 3girls
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • keynibear
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
monicag
  • esavvymom